• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Mega Blue (Version 1.1.4)

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2020
    I've patched my rom with the latest version of the Deluxe patch.

I'll go ahead and give it a shot and let you know if anything has changed.

Years
  • A quick update time!
    I discovered that the Trainer Tower owner doesn't give you a Charizardite X for completing Mixed Mode as he was suppossed to.
    So here's the quick patch you can apply to your both Mega Blue Classic and Deluxe rom, or you can just redownload the full patch from the main post.

Attachments

• Mega Blue v1.1.1 Quickfix 1.ips
      16 bytes · Views: 3
    Years
  • Version 1.1.2 is out!
    The new update includes:
    • A Black Belt at the top of Celadon Mansion can evolve your Eevee in Gen 2+ forms
    • Fixes of Mega Stones locations (Charizardite X and Alakazite)
    • Trainer Tower Trainers' and Pokémon names are decapitalized now
    • Even more text errors fixes
    • Few fixes for Locations Guide

For more details and download link - check the main post.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2020
    I was looking for a long time for a romhack with multiplayer capabilities, great work! We plan to play both games with 5 of my friends but i have a few questions and i would really appreciate it if you could shed some light:
    1. Can you trade/battle using VbaLink/Hamachi or is there another method?
    2. If you can battle, wont the game crush if you use a pokemon that is not originally in the game (togekiss for example)?
    3. Are pokemon aside from the original 150 of Blue and Emerald respectively obtainable before getting the national dex? (Since we will be 6 total we want a variety of pokemon to choose from), is there gonna be a version in which you can catch gen 2+ pokemon before the nat dex since they are part of the original games?

Thanks for the Rom again looks sick

Years
  • 1. Can you trade/battle using VbaLink/Hamachi or is there another method?
    Trades and Link Battles should work the same as they were in the original, as these functions were left intact from the original game.
    2. If you can battle, wont the game crush if you use a pokemon that is not originally in the game (togekiss for example)?
    Unless you're trying to have a battle with the original game or another rom hack, there shouldn't be any problems.
    Still, most of the link features are untested, so always make a backup of your save file before linking with other players to avoid any potential losses of your data.
    3. Are pokemon aside from the original 150 of Blue and Emerald respectively obtainable before getting the national dex? (Since we will be 6 total we want a variety of pokemon to choose from), is there gonna be a version in which you can catch gen 2+ pokemon before the nat dex since they are part of the original games?
    In Mega Blue Classic you can get only original Gen 1 Pokémon before getting the National Dex.
    In Mega Blue Deluxe you can get only original Gen 1 Pokémon and all of their later gens evolutions before getting the National Dex.
    In Delta Emerald only Pokémon from the Hoenn Dex are available before obtaining the National Dex, though the Hoenn Dex itself is expanded to the same amount of Pokémon as in ORAS.
    And no, there are no plans to make any new separate version of the hack.

Have fun playing!

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2020
    First of all, good work with the two versions MB and DE :D I always liked Emerald more than Fire Red, so this rom of DE is spectacular in my view, MB is also very good. But I have a little problem, I can't find where to sell dawn, shiny, ice and dusk stone, did you remedy the npc that should be in the 4f department store? (I already beat the basic elite 4 and in their rematch mode with stronger pokémons but there is no npc that should sell the stones). I really loved the hacks rom :D

Years
  • First of all, good work with the two versions MB and DE :D I always liked Emerald more than Fire Red, so this rom of DE is spectacular in my view, MB is also very good. But I have a little problem, I can't find where to sell dawn, shiny, ice and dusk stone, did you remedy the npc that should be in the 4f department store? (I already beat the basic elite 4 and in their rematch mode with stronger pokémons but there is no npc that should sell the stones). I really loved the hacks rom :D
    That's really strange, I just rechecked and everything's working fine in both editions of Mega Blue. Can you also check if there are any Mega Stones lying around in Kanto in your save file (go to Route 1 and Route 24)? Both Mega Stones and the NPC that sells the stones are controlled by the same script so I need to know what the problem is: the script overall or the NPC itself.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2020
    The mega stones I found scattered across Kanto and Sevii Islands, just the npc that didn't show up for me at Celadon's store, the rest of the game is ok, I didn't see any bugs. I played in v1.1.2

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2023
    Any plans to make this playable on mGBA / 3DS? I haven't seen it reported, but loading on 3ds (having installed it as a CIA) freezes in the same way that it does for mGBA.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2023
    Could you lower the amount of coins to get pokemon from the game corner. 9999 coins for porygon is kinda ridiculous

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    Great game, it was really refreshing to play Fire Red like this
    Though there's a few glitches I had, I'm using MyBoy! if that explains it:
    1. When you battle some trainers around the Fuschia to Saffron section of the game it crashes every now and then, sometimes it does the animation for raising stats sharply then crashes, or when you select a move it blacks out the type and crashes
    2. The Pikachu line's sprites when you look at their movesets are blacked out
    3. Somewhere when completing the Sevii Islands Rocket event my VS. Seeker stopped working, it now gives the charging message and says the number of steps left to charge is ???
    Other than that so far it's great though

Years
  • Any plans to make this playable on mGBA / 3DS? I haven't seen it reported, but loading on 3ds (having installed it as a CIA) freezes in the same way that it does for mGBA.
    I'd love to make it playable on mGBA and 3DS, but currently I have absolutely no idea what's causing the freeze.
    Could you lower the amount of coins to get pokemon from the game corner. 9999 coins for porygon is kinda ridiculous
    It is already lowered to the same amount as in LeafGreen.
    Great game, it was really refreshing to play Fire Red like this
    Though there's a few glitches I had, I'm using MyBoy! if that explains it:
    1. When you battle some trainers around the Fuschia to Saffron section of the game it crashes every now and then, sometimes it does the animation for raising stats sharply then crashes, or when you select a move it blacks out the type and crashes
    2. The Pikachu line's sprites when you look at their movesets are blacked out
    3. Somewhere when completing the Sevii Islands Rocket event my VS. Seeker stopped working, it now gives the charging message and says the number of steps left to charge is ???
    Other than that so far it's great though
    1. I encountered this bug once on my playthrough as well, though I was then on Sevii Islands.
    2. It happens from time to time, and not only with Pikachu line.
    3. Strange, it works in my save file, I'll look what's wrong.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2021
    I'd love to make it playable on mGBA and 3DS, but currently I have absolutely no idea what's causing the freeze.

It is already lowered to the same amount as in LeafGreen.

1. I encountered this bug once on my playthrough as well, though I was then on Sevii Islands.
    2. It happens from time to time, and not only with Pikachu line.
    3. Strange, it works in my save file, I'll look what's wrong.

If this helps for number 1 I found it mainly happened when fighting certain Pokemon like Raticate though I can't remember the other Pokemon lol

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    I can't find any mega stones in Kanto, only those on Sevii Islands. I became champion, I have national dex and I'm on the latest version.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2024
    Hi, i'm enjoying a lot your hackrom.

About the game freezing during some battles I think its related to the moves roost and assurance, when the pokemons use one of those moves the game always freezes/crashes for me, i'm playing in myboy advance on smartphone. When you are battling against the trainer in route 6 that has a fearow and a raticate after some rematches with the vs seeker i recomend you use a pokemon that is faster than him and that can OHKO his pokemon, othertwise it'll freeze eventually.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Bugs

• Leveling-up Eevee causes the game to reset; temporary solution - you can evolve Eevee into any of its non-Kanto eeveelutions by talking to a Black Belt who you received an Eevee from (in Classic Edition available only after obtaining the National Dex)

Oh my, i hope this doesn't occur in the version with National Dex

Back