• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Mega Blue (Version 1.1.4)

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2021
    Hi! My Vs Seeker stops working when I go to the Sevii Islands for the first time and does not return to normal, when I use it shows the message: "No. of steps required to fully charge the battery: ???"

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    hi i love u rom, by the way, how did you implement this mechanic? "Pikachu, Exeggcute and Cubone will evolve into their regular evolutions in Kanto and into their Alolan evolutions on Sevii Islands"

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    I'd like to know where to find the info on how to access the post game content. I've beaten the elite 4 and champion, and caught 50+ pokemon, but no matter who I talk to, Oak, Celio, Mom etc, no one can tell me what I need to do. There is no read me file with this info either (fix that), and nothing on Google or Youtube to help.

Years
  • Hi! My Vs Seeker stops working when I go to the Sevii Islands for the first time and does not return to normal, when I use it shows the message: "No. of steps required to fully charge the battery: ???"
    I'm very well aware of this issue and I don't have a fix for this yet. The problem is I cannot trigger this bug in my save file, so as of now I can't do anything, sorry.
    I'd like to know where to find the info on how to access the post game content. I've beaten the elite 4 and champion, and caught 50+ pokemon, but no matter who I talk to, Oak, Celio, Mom etc, no one can tell me what I need to do. There is no read me file with this info either (fix that), and nothing on Google or Youtube to help.
    Um, the requirements are the same as in the original game: catch 60 Pokémon and talk to Professor Oak.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2021
    I've noticed that both Disarming Voice (misspelled Disarm Voice, character limit?) and Moonblast are both given the "status move" icon in menus. I don't know if this affects actual damage calculations (are they still counted as special moves internally?) or if other fairy type moves have this issue.

Also, when I evolved my Clefairy with a Moon Stone at level 46, it magically grew to level 50, not sure if that bug is mentioned anywhere. EDIT: Didn't think of it when it happened unfortunately, but perhaps Clefairy and Clefable have been put in the wrong experience groups (or just one of them)? I didn't think of it so I didn't check if they had the same experience level before and after evolving, might be a place to start?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2020
    First of all, I'd like to show my appreciation for this hack. It's pretty much a dream come true for me, as I'm not a fan of overloading the region with all Pokémon possible. Instead we have just a nice controlled number of Pokémon with the vast majority of stuff up to SMUSUM.

I have a problem though. I'm at the post-game, and it says that we're supposed to be able to get the non-starter Mega Stones after we get the Nat Dex. But I already got the Nat Dex and I can't find any of the Kanto Mega Stones. All of the 4-7 Island Mega Stones are available, but the Kanto Mega Stones aren't appearing. Maybe there's an issue with the flag getting the Kanto Mega Stones to appear?

For reference, I'm playing on Deluxe, and I had to catch the required 60 to unlock the National Dex instead of having the 60 beforehand.

Years
  • Version 1.1.4 is out!
    The new update includes:
    • Some Alolan Forms are now obtainable through in-game trades (check the documentation for details)
    • Clefairy's Exp. Rate fixed
    • Moonblast and Disarm Voice moves set to special instead of status

For more details and download link - check the main post.

Years
  • Copying this post from Delta Emerald thread just in case:
    Okay, I understand it's been a while since I released the last update and you definitely expected far more bugfixes, but the thing is - I have no idea how to fix most of them. So I decided to fix those few last things I can and release an update anyway. I know fixing three bugs in half-a-year may be very disappointing to some people, but that's how it's gonna be for now. Thank you for sticking out for so long and thank you for playing, I hope you all really enjoyed and are still enjoying playing Delta Emerald and Mega Blue.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2023
    Can you bring the DexNav to the game ? That resource will make the pokémon hunt better !

SSJRebirth

My opinions are true.
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Jul 10, 2021
    I cannot trade with Delta Emerald and Mega Blue. I have tried so many times but it doesn't work. Please fix this.

SSJRebirth

My opinions are true.
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Jul 10, 2021
    Very late reply. Sorry about that. But I'm using MyBoy. Since I don't have a PC. I can trade just fine with other roms.

Years
  • Very late reply. Sorry about that. But I'm using MyBoy. Since I don't have a PC. I can trade just fine with other roms.
    Understood, thank you for the info. Looks like this is Delta Emerald's fault, for some reason its link capabilities got more and more unstable with every update.

SSJRebirth

My opinions are true.
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Jul 10, 2021
    Understood, thank you for the info. Looks like this is Delta Emerald's fault, for some reason its link capabilities got more and more unstable with every update.

Ah I see. Well, please let me know when you fix this. As I enjoy both of your ROM hacks and trading will help out for other stuff that I wanna do with some friends. If it's even possible to fix.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2021
    Hullo! Kapiepon here. I started this hack a while ago, and I have to say, I love the style you used for Mega Blue and Delta Emerald -- all of the storyline tweaks, and since I've beaten the league, it's probably irrationally entertaining to find all of the mega stones scattered everywhere. One question, do you have the TM X-Scizor in the game anywhere? I have a Leafeon I'd like to use in the league rematch, and X-Scizor would be great against Blue's Exeggutor and Alakazam.

Years
  • Hullo! Kapiepon here. I started this hack a while ago, and I have to say, I love the style you used for Mega Blue and Delta Emerald -- all of the storyline tweaks, and since I've beaten the league, it's probably irrationally entertaining to find all of the mega stones scattered everywhere. One question, do you have the TM X-Scizor in the game anywhere? I have a Leafeon I'd like to use in the league rematch, and X-Scizor would be great against Blue's Exeggutor and Alakazam.
    Thanks, I'm really glad you liked it!
    Unfortunately, no new TMs were added into Mega Blue and Delta Emerald, sorry.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2021
    Hi! Never posted here before.
    Been playing for about a month, first time with mega evolutions and hack roms.

Sorry for the dumb question, but, how do I mega evolve pokemon? I have the Key Stone and Blastoisinite already, but never mega evolved...

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Hi! Never posted here before.
    Been playing for about a month, first time with mega evolutions and hack roms.

Sorry for the dumb question, but, how do I mega evolve pokemon? I have the Key Stone and Blastoisinite already, but never mega evolved...

Press Start.

Years
  • I once saw something with another hack that didnt work on real hardware that was eventually fixed because the hack somehow screwed up like the start screen sprites or something...or maybe it was something with it screwing up the header of the ROM, I cant remember, but might be worth checking out if those possibilities havent been explored already. As for now I can only confirm that using a GBA-SP and the Everdrive GBA x5 mini, the Deluxe version 1.1.4 freezes at the start screen.

Back