• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Is there a reason my game plays off Nuzlocke rules despite not ticking anything on that page? I first noticed my guys disappearing after I beat the first Gym and a couple of them fainted during the fight - then I decided to test a little bit more, if your first guy faints and you have nothing else you can just casually look at your non-existant team (and if you try to look at your non-existant member, the game crashes.) Am I just stupid? I patched the game right, really don't know what's going on here, I swear I didn't turn on anything Nuzlocke related.
EDIT: Went through it all over again, didn't turn on Nuzlocke rules, didn't turn on the "Pokemon die if they faint" option, genuinely puzzled.

View attachment 157435
Nevermind, what happened is that when you touch nuzlocke options, Pokémon Faint gets enabled and you have to manually disable it. Creating something automatic is difficult, so I just added a new text reminder in the Nuzlocke description to manually disable Pokémon Faint.

EDIT:

I just released 2.0.1. It fixes a CRITICAL bug related to the presets, as some options were not applying properly. For example, enabling Extra Legendaries was not enabling the flag for some reason and it didn't work.
IF YOU ARE AFFECTED BY THIS BUG (you may not be), enable the debug menu, enter "Scripts" and enter the Challenges menu again. Re-enable all the same options you had enabled before (try not to enable any other option you didn't have) and save. It should work now.
  • Trying to get an Electric type paralyzed now properly shows a message saying that it can't be paralyzed.
  • Fixed some type effectiveness between Ground and Electric types.
  • Larvitar and Pupitar can learn Rock Tomb.
  • Added description to manually disable Pokémon faint if you touch any nuzlocke option that isn't "OFF".

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Hey Resetes,

I'm still rockin' 1.5.5, and decided to update today. Using a copy of a copy of my UE rom, I cannot get the game to load. I tired an experiment using my saved 1.5.5 .bps and repacked onto a copy of my EU rom, works 100%, so it doesn't seem like my rom copy causing the issue. However the updates above 2.0 are giving me issues.
Is there something in the patching process for the update to 2.0.1 that I might be missing?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Hey Resetes,

I'm still rockin' 1.5.5, and decided to update today. Using a copy of a copy of my UE rom, I cannot get the game to load. I tired an experiment using my saved 1.5.5 .bps and repacked onto a copy of my EU rom, works 100%, so it doesn't seem like my rom copy causing the issue. However the updates above 2.0 are giving me issues.
Is there something in the patching process for the update to 2.0.1 that I might be missing?
Patching process hasn't changed at all. I test every patch before release, and patching with Flips works with the current release.

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Patching process hasn't changed at all. I test every patch before release, and patching with Flips works with the current release.
Thank you for clarifying.
I figured it out. Unfortunately this update no longer runs on MyBoy android. It does run on Nostalgia GBA tho, so I can still rock it on mobile.
Thank you for this awesome update!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 90
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Nevermind, what happened is that when you touch nuzlocke options, Pokémon Faint gets enabled and you have to manually disable it. Creating something automatic is difficult, so I just added a new text reminder in the Nuzlocke description to manually disable Pokémon Faint.

EDIT:

I just released 2.0.1. It fixes a CRITICAL bug related to the presets, as some options were not applying properly. For example, enabling Extra Legendaries was not enabling the flag for some reason and it didn't work.
IF YOU ARE AFFECTED BY THIS BUG (you may not be), enable the debug menu, enter "Scripts" and enter the Challenges menu again. Re-enable all the same options you had enabled before (try not to enable any other option you didn't have) and save. It should work now.
  • Trying to get an Electric type paralyzed now properly shows a message saying that it can't be paralyzed.
  • Fixed some type effectiveness between Ground and Electric types.
  • Larvitar and Pupitar can learn Rock Tomb.
  • Added description to manually disable Pokémon faint if you touch any nuzlocke option that isn't "OFF".
Knew I wasn't crazy! Seems to be working now, thanks a bunch!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
Sadly the game breaks inside my handled console :C Probably the hi quality music is incompatible or something. But works fine on emulators of course! Question: is there a repository of old patches? Those worked fine in the weird emulator inside my console!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Is it possible to do something on GitHub to help simplify if I find minor and insignificant changes for you to review (IE route 114, Lanettes house, scripts line 67) and decide on if it should be included? I will need to learn how to use git (not GitHub) sooner than later anyway
I don't know if I'm understanding it properly but if you want to fix something like a text typo you can just tell me where the error is, and I can quickly solve it. It's probably easier.
If you want to participate or solve bugs, you can send a "pull request" with your proposed changes via github.

Days
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I don't know if I'm understanding it properly but if you want to fix something like a text typo you can just tell me where the error is, and I can quickly solve it. It's probably easier.
If you want to participate or solve bugs, you can send a "pull request" with your proposed changes via github.
Cool, will see if I can figure the git bit out, under data/maps/Route114_LanettesHouse/scripts.inc on line 67. It's not something that's touched and not a place I suspected anyone would reasonably look at, it has the size of the PC. Given the changes made it's no longer accurate and I happened to see it by pure chance. As mentioned it's such a minor change that I would rather contribute and assist and learn in the process.

Years
  • Age 90
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Also, is there any chance that porting FRLG sprites for the Kanto mons is planned? I don't mind some of their sprites, but there are ones like Nidokings' that are real oddballs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Cool, will see if I can figure the git bit out, under data/maps/Route114_LanettesHouse/scripts.inc on line 67. It's not something that's touched and not a place I suspected anyone would reasonably look at, it has the size of the PC. Given the changes made it's no longer accurate and I happened to see it by pure chance. As mentioned it's such a minor change that I would rather contribute and assist and learn in the process.
Oops I solved it when you told me about it.

Also, is there any chance that porting FRLG sprites for the Kanto mons is planned? I don't mind some of their sprites, but there are ones like Nidokings' that are real oddballs.
No, there are no plans for that. Adding FRLG sprites or different ones is a big task, especially since in Emerald they have a frame of animation and followers have to be taken into account because of palette stuff.

You can, however, manually download the project and edit the sprites by yourself.

Days
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Oops I solved it when you told me about it.

No, there are no plans for that. Adding FRLG sprites or different ones is a big task, especially since in Emerald they have a frame of animation and followers have to be taken into account because of palette stuff.

You can, however, manually download the project and edit the sprites by yourself.
hi, uh. is it still not possible to play the new version on My Boy? or is there a plan to possibly make it compatible to it? Thank you

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
hi, uh. is it still not possible to play the new version on My Boy? or is there a plan to possibly make it compatible to it? Thank you
I don't have any control over that. Pokeemerald is the base project and it requires mGBA.

Elfyer

Veteran
Days
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
🎞️CREDITS

I think it's easier to say that all my edits came from Pret's pokeemerald wiki. If you want to appear in this section, just message me and I will edit the post.

You can use this game as a base for your rom-hack, if you so desire.
You can use any code from the Github repository, if you really want to.
No need to credit me, just have fun.
Hi! Thanks for the awesome work! It's so huge I can't believe my eyes :plead:
I'm quite new to decomps hacking, but if I want to import something (following Pokémon) from your repository, how should I do? What's the part and files (I guess graphics) that I should copy?
Of course I'm gonna credit you in my hack, your working's amazing

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Hi! Thanks for the awesome work! It's so huge I can't believe my eyes :plead:
I'm quite new to decomps hacking, but if I want to import something (following Pokémon) from your repository, how should I do? What's the part and files (I guess graphics) that I should copy?
Of course I'm gonna credit you in my hack, your working's amazing

If you only want to import the following Pokémon you should do it from the original branch:

https://github.com/aarant/pokeemerald

Just create a new project using that pokeemerald version and it will include followers. Oh, and it's not mine so don't credit me.

In other news, version 2.1 is here and has a big changelog!

• Pokémon Faint now works only if Nuzlocke is disabled, preventing accidentally turning on "Pokémon faint" while checking Nuzlocke options.
  • Added DP/HGSS versions of: winning a wild battle, winning a trainer and catching a Pokémon.
  • The Pokédex can now be scrolled faster: if you hold left or right, it will advance like before but without the need to keep pressing left and right.
  • The Pokédex can now be scrolled faster than faster! If you hold left or right AND you hold the R button it will scroll even faster than explained above!
  • Removed the daily money Meowth. Replaced by a new item: the Big Nugget. Can be sold for 30.000$.
  • Big Nuggets can be stolen from rich trainers (like in vanilla Emerald) from each rematch, starting from the 4th one.
  • Clamperl can now drop Big Nuggets instead of Blue Shards as a rare drop.
  • Tentacool and Tentacruel now hold Blue Shards, as a rare drop.
  • Raichu can learn Volt Tackle at level 50 with Modern Moves, to buff him a bit.
  • Added new OPTIONAL battle terrains due to popular demand. They are based on GEN IV. They include a night version as well.
pokeemerald_modern-0.png
pokeemerald_modern-1.png
pokeemerald_modern-2.png
pokeemerald_modern-3.png

• The "battery is dry" error will not appear if Fake RTC is on.
  • Added a "Pokedex seen all" debug option for those who want to know Pokémon locations without having everything marked as captured.
  • Fixed being able to catch more than one Pokémon per route during a Nuzlocke.
  • Fixed DP/HGSS fanfares.
  • Fixed a lot of 1 tile errors.
  • Fixed Lannete's notes: "Boxed hold 420 Pokémon" --> 450 Pokémon
  • Overworld mints will not appear if Mints have been disabled. In order to apply this fix to your savegame, visit Littleroot Town once and they will get disabled.
  • Fixed some evolutions triggering with their respective item in the bag, and not while the Pokémon is holding it.
  • Fixed Groudon and Kyogre movement in their caves.

Last edited:

Elfyer

Veteran
Days
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
If you only want to import the following Pokémon you should do it from the original branch:

https://github.com/aarant/pokeemerald

Just create a new project using that pokeemerald version and it will include followers.

Wow, so quick!
Unfortunately, I can't do that, as I'm starting my hack from Adrienn Tindall and AtSign no ai (github.com/AtSign8877/emerald_no_ai)... Any idea? :/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Wow, so quick!
Unfortunately, I can't do that, as I'm starting my hack from Adrienn Tindall and AtSign no ai (github.com/AtSign8877/emerald_no_ai)... Any idea? :/

You can still merge both projects, although you'll have to fix some merge issues probably.

Back