• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Modern Emerald (Complete, 2.3.1 Released! Following Pokémon, Modern Battle Frontier, and more!)

Days
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    How can I unlock the Regis room? Dig does not work in the underground cave... Another question : how can I patch the new version to an old one?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    hi, genuine question, When we randomize our pokemon, how would that affect the tm/hm compatibility. cuz like it would be pretty hard to teach stab moves or use field moves when you cn't teach your pokemon specific tm/hms

PerceptioN95

ポケモントレーナ とみい
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    However, with that said, I can think about making an optional feature to allow easier evolutions like Milotic, Kadabra and similar ones to be just Level or maybe day/night evolutions. That's actually a good idea, as I like to give options to the player. I was thinking of giving even more new options of different features, in order to create a modular hack-rom. Just don't expect any of this soon, as it will take a while.

Any progress or updates on the evolution methods.

I'm really looking forward to playing this romhack in the future once it's feature complete.

Years
    • Seen today
    hi, genuine question, When we randomize our pokemon, how would that affect the tm/hm compatibility. cuz like it would be pretty hard to teach stab moves or use field moves when you cn't teach your pokemon specific tm/hms

Unless you randomize moves, it stays the same.

Hi, your game looks really interesting. A question, What is the difference between the easy and normal difficulty modes?

Normal is just your normal Emerald experience except for a few changes, mainly rematches (which are completely new). It's the same difficulty through out the game, except in rematches of course.
    Easy lowers the level of enemies starting by 1 when you beat the first gym, and by 6 by the time you get to the Elite Four. You also get x1.2 times the normal experience. It's mainly a "I want to play fast this game" option, or a good way to farm exp. for your team.

How can I unlock the Regis room? Dig does not work in the underground cave... Another question : how can I patch the new version to an old one?

Read the braille message again.
    To patch a new version just get again your clean rom, and apply the new update. Make sure your savefile has the same name as the newly updated rom and that's it.

Any progress or updates on the evolution methods.

I'm really looking forward to playing this romhack in the future once it's feature complete.

Probably not going to happen. All evolutions are easy to get at some point, with Milotic being a difficult one. I like it this way. If you don't like it you can just edit the game by yourself and compile it again to your liking, you are free to do so.

The game has been feature complete for a few months.

N.P

| Alone In The Trust |
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    Wow I must say that the shiny rate 512 works well but I want to babble something about my case, I want to hunt for a shiny Shroomish in Petalburg Woods and spend around 52hrs self-being stuck in there and route 104. I got 16 various shiny mons (and miss a Wurmple) but no Shroomish 😂 Must say that I miss the thing like DexNav or Pokeradar but I don't ask or request anything. Hope that after I confess this I'll meet a red Shroomish soon.

Thanks for a great game! I'm still following your updated versions.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Bruh, there are already several emerald hacks with the 386 pokemon + evolutions, some poke from the 6-9 generation or some alola/hisui etc.. just to give it a charm or even to diversify it a little would be wonderful, and I will definitely download it to check how it is now :)

Years
    • Seen today
    Wow I must say that the shiny rate 512 works well but I want to babble something about my case, I want to hunt for a shiny Shroomish in Petalburg Woods and spend around 52hrs self-being stuck in there and route 104. I got 16 various shiny mons (and miss a Wurmple) but no Shroomish 😂 Must say that I miss the thing like DexNav or Pokeradar but I don't ask or request anything. Hope that after I confess this I'll meet a red Shroomish soon.

Thanks for a great game! I'm still following your updated versions.

512 is still 512. Good luck!

How does the randomize type effectiveness option work?

Just as it sounds, it mixes the table of types so maybe Fire is super effective vs. Water, for example.

Bruh, there are already several emerald hacks with the 386 pokemon + evolutions, some poke from the 6-9 generation or some alola/hisui etc.. just to give it a charm or even to diversify it a little would be wonderful, and I will definitely download it to check how it is now :)

No. First of all, this hack contains 423 Pokémon, not 386. Secondly, there are already many hacks with the "Emerald in the 6th/7th/8th/9th Generation" idea and that's exactly the reason why this hack exists. This is a 3rd Gen hack and as such I try to balance all the features towards the original GBA game.

Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2023
    Hi, I love this ROM so far! It seems like Hidden Power is a little broken. My Milotic has IVs for a Grass Hidden Power w/66 power (HP 3, Atk 0, Def 25, Sp.A 14, Sp.D 3, Spe 19), and the game says that it's grass type in the menus, but using it on a Geodude in the Magma Hideout says it doesn't affect it and the battle menu says it's a Grass-type move that's not very effective against it. Otherwise everything's been great!

Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Hey I got cocky and started playing this on hard in version 1.3.3, now I see that the "hard" mode has gotten even harder in a later update (I just updated my game) and I'm apparently not that good as I had issues already in 1.3.3 hehe.

Anyway - I can't seem to change difficulty back to "normal". I get mixed signals from the OP. In some cases it's locked after speaking to Birch, in some cases it's changeable through the second page in the options. Going there and trying to change it doesn't work for me however.

Other than that this is excellent! Loving this so much, I've really gotten to enjoy just exploring Hoenn again as its own world so I do appreciate the harder mode in that sense, but I'm stuck on Norman now and I don't think I'll be able to beat the game without a lot of grinding and that's not worth it for me.

Tl;dr I can't change difficulty what am I doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi, I love this ROM so far! It seems like Hidden Power is a little broken. My Milotic has IVs for a Grass Hidden Power w/66 power (HP 3, Atk 0, Def 25, Sp.A 14, Sp.D 3, Spe 19), and the game says that it's grass type in the menus, but using it on a Geodude in the Magma Hideout says it doesn't affect it and the battle menu says it's a Grass-type move that's not very effective against it. Otherwise everything's been great!

They worked before, so I'll have a look.

EDIT: Hidden Power works as it should, it's just that the game still thinks it's Normal type and won't affect, in this case, Geodude. If you use it it will be super effective. Thanks for the report, but I won't probably do anything about it soon.

Hey I got cocky and started playing this on hard in version 1.3.3, now I see that the "hard" mode has gotten even harder in a later update (I just updated my game) and I'm apparently not that good as I had issues already in 1.3.3 hehe.

Anyway - I can't seem to change difficulty back to "normal". I get mixed signals from the OP. In some cases it's locked after speaking to Birch, in some cases it's changeable through the second page in the options. Going there and trying to change it doesn't work for me however.

Other than that this is excellent! Loving this so much, I've really gotten to enjoy just exploring Hoenn again as its own world so I do appreciate the harder mode in that sense, but I'm stuck on Norman now and I don't think I'll be able to beat the game without a lot of grinding and that's not worth it for me.

Tl;dr I can't change difficulty what am I doing wrong?

Difficulty can't be changed if you selected "Lock difficulty" in the "Challenges menu" (where you configure the game, basically). There's no other way to lock difficulty, so you selected this option 100% and can't be disabled. Maybe it was a mistake, maybe you don't remember, but if you hear an "error" sound effect while trying to change the difficulty from the first (not second) page of the options menu, then the difficulty is locked.

With Norman try changing your usual strategy. Use X-items and similar, for example. It's really not that tough, but you need to use strategies.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Yeah I remember reading about the difficulty lock on here now but I must've missed it or been too cocky and forgotten when I started.

I think I messed up my team, they're all slow fragile weaklings (ariados, marshstomp, machoke, zangoose, pidgeotto and growlithe). Jokes aside Zangoose was at least useful against Flannery.

I'll probably end up restarting and not locking the difficulty this time. Thanks for the quick reply.

Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah I remember reading about the difficulty lock on here now but I must've missed it or been too cocky and forgotten when I started.

I think I messed up my team, they're all slow fragile weaklings (ariados, marshstomp, machoke, zangoose, pidgeotto and growlithe). Jokes aside Zangoose was at least useful against Flannery.

I'll probably end up restarting and not locking the difficulty this time. Thanks for the quick reply.

You can always give yourself some rare candies or something like that to "grind" and not restart the whole game. I don't personally like it, but you can do it using the debug menu. It's up to you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Does the pokemon have new abilities? Maybe like the hidden ones? (E.g. Charizard with solar power, Venusaur Chlorophill ecc...)

Days
    • Seen Dec 31, 2023
    Hello Reset, how are you? First of all, I apologize for my English, I'm BR.
    It's been a month since I started looking for a hack rom that only had pokemons from 1 - 3 gen + their pre/evolutions. I'm not a big fan of the new generations, just some pokemons like lucario or alola vulpix for example.
    Today in my research I found your hack rom, which in addition to the really perfect changes in the game's functional mechanics, has exactly what I was looking for.
    I really want to thank you for the great job you did on modern emerald. By far the best hack rom in the game, the most complete in features and change options without losing the main essence of the game. Congratulations for this incredible work, I'm going to start playing right now. I wish you all the success in the world in future updates of this hack rom.

ps: I've read all 9 pages of your current thread and devoured every update you've made to this hack, you've put your all into it. I'll leave below two suggestions that I missed to leave it 100% for me. (Your hack is already a masterpiece without those suggestions and I'll be playing it for the rest of my life.)

1- Playing the pokeball with the L or R button: Its running functionality even before entering the battle is perfect, but if I enter, I missed having a preconfigured button (l or R) to throw a selected pokeball without having to go to the bag and select the pokeball and use it. It's a mechanic that would give a reduction in time. (I saw a comment talking about this, but he didn't know how to express it.)

2 - An option to activate the fly more quickly: I saw another comment giving this suggestion, but I didn't see if it was already implemented or added to the list, I read so much in the last 2 hours that I'm distracted.

But once again, thank you very much for this amazing job you did, your hack rom is magnificent.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello Reset, how are you? First of all, I apologize for my English, I'm BR.
    It's been a month since I started looking for a hack rom that only had pokemons from 1 - 3 gen + their pre/evolutions. I'm not a big fan of the new generations, just some pokemons like lucario or alola vulpix for example.
    Today in my research I found your hack rom, which in addition to the really perfect changes in the game's functional mechanics, has exactly what I was looking for.
    I really want to thank you for the great job you did on modern emerald. By far the best hack rom in the game, the most complete in features and change options without losing the main essence of the game. Congratulations for this incredible work, I'm going to start playing right now. I wish you all the success in the world in future updates of this hack rom.

ps: I've read all 9 pages of your current thread and devoured every update you've made to this hack, you've put your all into it. I'll leave below two suggestions that I missed to leave it 100% for me. (Your hack is already a masterpiece without those suggestions and I'll be playing it for the rest of my life.)

1- Playing the pokeball with the L or R button: Its running functionality even before entering the battle is perfect, but if I enter, I missed having a preconfigured button (l or R) to throw a selected pokeball without having to go to the bag and select the pokeball and use it. It's a mechanic that would give a reduction in time. (I saw a comment talking about this, but he didn't know how to express it.)

2 - An option to activate the fly more quickly: I saw another comment giving this suggestion, but I didn't see if it was already implemented or added to the list, I read so much in the last 2 hours that I'm distracted.

But once again, thank you very much for this amazing job you did, your hack rom is magnificent.

Thanks! I appreciate your comment. I may add these features in the future. Right now I'm gathering new ideas and resting a bit from programming the game.

Years
    • Seen today
    After having finished a few runs lately, I felt like doing a run with type effectiveness randomized. In the randomizer option, I selected for type effectiveness to be random. But as I was playing the game, I didn't notice any changes in the type chart. Am I doing something wrong here, or does type effectiveness randomization just not work?

Years
    • Seen today
    After having finished a few runs lately, I felt like doing a run with type effectiveness randomized. In the randomizer option, I selected for type effectiveness to be random. But as I was playing the game, I didn't notice any changes in the type chart. Am I doing something wrong here, or does type effectiveness randomization just not work?

I'll have a look.

Back