• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Moss Lime & Coral Lapis (Aster Violet Sequel)

Takako Rune

Hack Player
Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2021
    INTRO:
    Moss Lime and Coral Lapis are sequels to Pokémon Aster Violet, Iris Purple and Rose Pink.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=409367&highlight=aster+violet&page=1

They are a showcase of what an open world Pokémon game could be like.

Both games have stories that diverge at the end.
    The region, Far Islands, is based on the Faroese Islands, just north of the Scottish Isles.

Screenshots:
    Pokémon Moss Lime & Coral Lapis (Aster Violet Sequel)

Spoiler:

Features:
    *OPEN WORLD
    *Battle new 4 gyms and the local champion (plus 8 more gyms in post game)
    *8 new towns and other areas
    *A new evil organisation - Team Brimstone
    *The 16 new Eeveelutions from Aster Violet
    *A few regional variants
    *Synthetic evolution stones - unlimited uses
    *Return stone - de-evolve most Pokémon
    *A selection of Pokémon from all generations
    *Mystery Gift
    *DS music
    *A lot of post game content
    *Easter eggs
    *TURBO BUTTON "F"

Download: (newest release 1st September 2021 - V 1.3)
    Pokemon Moss Lime v.1.03
    Pokemon Coral Lapis v.1.03

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Known Bugs:
    *A Pokémon without nickname, which de-evolves, will retain the name of its evolution. It is recommended to give Eevee a nickname. Or go to the name-rater to change it.
    *Game does not remember window size setting between sessions.
    *Music may cut out?
    *Minor graphical glitches on android
    *Title Screen on Android may appear black or white. (still completely functional though)
    *Victory music loops on android
    *several sprites need fixing

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Special Thanks to @Thundaga for his amazing tutorials! :)

~TJ-

Last edited:

Takako Rune

Hack Player
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2021
    UPDATE:
    Beta testing has concluded and thus the games are now on release version 1.0.
    Though I'll still be updating bug fixes in the future, ML and CL are officially completed now.
    Enjoy.
    ~TJ-

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    I started to play yesterday Moss Lime and after some time to play I saved the game and i closed it and today when i started again, no file saved.... :( Aster Violet had no problem when i played.

Takako Rune

Hack Player
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2021
    I started to play yesterday Moss Lime and after some time to play I saved the game and i closed it and today when i started again, no file saved.... :( Aster Violet had no problem when i played.

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of town.

I'm sorry to hear that. :/
    I haven't had any problems with my game saves.
    Were you playing on PC or a different device?
    Does it happen again if you start another save file?
    Maybe it was just a one time glitch?

I hope you get to play the game without loosing any more progress.
    ~TJ-

Takako Rune

Hack Player
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2021
    how do i get the mystrey gift

In any mart sign the piece of paper. Then save and restart the game.
    You should be able to select Mystery Gift from the menu now.
    Go back to any mart and an npc will give you the gift.

~TJ-

Years
  • Hi Takako,

Long time no see. I've seen the sequel has completed so I download and tested playing one version. Though I only want to play at the first gym but there are some issues I encountered.
    - The level cap is good to have for training but it starts to get annoyed when some wild pkm with same level won't let me flee. Is there any option to turn this on/off?
    - I follow instruction to get Mystery Gift but when I opened it on the menu it said "No gift available"
    - Alolan Rattata has Lycanroc's cry
    - Spheal evolves too early at lv15 (it should be at 32)
    - This one is much funny. When I battle with the Gym leader's Mimikyu, my Wooloo accidentally used Copycat while Mimikyu also used Copycat. it ends up with both in the loop of using copycat. I don't know if this considers an issue or if there's any option to fix it but this is what I have to mention

In general, the game's experience is good even though I haven't got that far. I may continue searching around the early routes to see if there's any problem.
    From J.

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2022
    I can't train in the wild 😭 Because every time I do, The wild pokemon's levels also increase to match up with mine. Yes its great for gaining so much experience but... I just can't 😭

Takako Rune

Hack Player
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2021
    I can't train in the wild 😭 Because every time I do, The wild pokemon's levels also increase to match up with mine. Yes its great for gaining so much experience but... I just can't 😭

Yes, a different strategy is required for training.
    For example using the XP share while using the strongest in your party.
    Or putting your strongest in the box, so that your party members are roughly the same level while training.

Btw, there is a certain margin for the auto levelling, so the wild mons can be up to 5 levels lower than you.

I have however found that grinding is unnecessary, unless you have a weaker mon that you want the same level as your stronger ones.

Hope that helps.
    ~TJ-

Hi Takako,

Long time no see. I've seen the sequel has completed so I download and tested playing one version. Though I only want to play at the first gym but there are some issues I encountered.
    - The level cap is good to have for training but it starts to get annoyed when some wild pkm with same level won't let me flee. Is there any option to turn this on/off?
    - I follow instruction to get Mystery Gift but when I opened it on the menu it said "No gift available"
    - Alolan Rattata has Lycanroc's cry
    - Spheal evolves too early at lv15 (it should be at 32)
    - This one is much funny. When I battle with the Gym leader's Mimikyu, my Wooloo accidentally used Copycat while Mimikyu also used Copycat. it ends up with both in the loop of using copycat. I don't know if this considers an issue or if there's any option to fix it but this is what I have to mention

In general, the game's experience is good even though I haven't got that far. I may continue searching around the early routes to see if there's any problem.
    From J.

Hi Juan, it's been a while. :)
    Glad to see that your channel is back. ^_^
    And thanks so much for the feedback.

Yeah, the fleeing thing has been an issue. I'm still trying to figure out how to best fix it.
    I do have some ideas. So, hopefully I'll have an update fixing this soon.

Not sure why the mystery gift stopped working.
    I'll have to take a look at it.

Rattata with the wrong cry? Oops. How did that happen? ^^''

The copycat thing is pretty funny. XD
    But I'm afraid I won't be able to fix by myself.
    Much like Fly, it seems that it's a broken move in version 16 of Essentials. :/

I'm pretty busy these days, but hopefully I'll be able to bring an update within a month.

Thanks again so much for the feedback and for playing as much as you did. ^_^
    Good luck with youtube and everything.
    ~TJ-

Is there an encounter list for this game? I'm looking for where to find Marill in CL.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hWjLYGpVUiKpQtsVoSS9GmACjPxpBY-qP75NmoNR5Dk/edit?usp=sharing
    It's an outdated list, so it might not be completely correct.

But basically all the mons marked with X should appear in the main game, while most of the other ones are post-game only.

Azurill can be found in Dale Valley. You get there by boat from Thunder Haven.
    Marill is in the grass patches on Victory Road. :)

~TJ-

Takako Rune

Hack Player
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2021
    Hi ^_^

You get Strength from an npc in East Tunnel.
    You might need Rock Smash to get to him though.
    Rock Smash you get in Canyon Forest.

~TJ-

Back