• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Chronicles of the Rod (Part One, Currently Open) [12-13*]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
Years
  • Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Chronicles of the Rod (Part One, Open) [12-13*]

SEMI-CLOSED, YOU CAN STILL SIGN UP, BUT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE ADVENTURE UNTIL LATER. ALSO. RAWR.

((The OOC thread is now Open, go to it here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=192752 ))

The Story

It was noon in Treasure Town, the gray clouds lazily floating by, though it mattered not, as the main district was busy as ever, with dozens of Pokémon ranging from simple Rattata and Bidoof to impressive Torterra (and even the odd Snorlax or two) roaming through and fro. The Kecleon Brothers were bursting with business, selling all sorts of wondrous items, as well as items that have never been seen before in the Pokémon world.

Green Kecleon shouted, "New, it's durable, it's portable, and unlike Oran Berries, it will never go bad! Now selling potions for a mere one hundred and twenty Poké!", While his brother exclaimed "What is it? Why, it's Fluffy, its Cute, and it will keep you entertained for hours on end! Come get a Fluffy Tail today!"

A massive Mamoswine stomped up to the stand, "I'll take two dozen Oran Berries! And clump them together in bundles of four if you can!"

Green Kecleon smiled, "Okay, two dozen Oran Berries it is! That will be...Hold on Here, I only have a dozen Oran berries. Erm, are they still enough?"

The Mamoswine, though looking slightly frustrated, calmly replied, "Yes. How much do you want for them?"

A large line had gathered at the Kangaskan Storage. "One at a time everyone, I'll get to you all eventually!" Kangaskan's storage was constantly filling up and emptying out with each passer by, and she had a frantic job trying to keep up with it all.

Xatu's Locksmith was a bit more quiet then the other two areas, with only a handful of Pokémon gathering up to the stand. "Kwee...Kwee...Kwah! And so it is revealed...Within the Box...Was the Heal Seed!"

A Croconaw threw the seed onto the ground and stomped on it "Darn it! I could of sold the box for more then this morsel is worth! Grrr...Can I have my money back?" Xatu shook his head. "I am sorry. There will be no refunds."

The Croconaw nodded and paced off, disappointed.

Meanwhile, the Wigglytuff guild was teeming with activity, with guild members and various exploration teams and rescue squads crowding near the bill boards.

[FONT=&quot]Wanted: Weavile!

Murderous Pidgeotto!

Bully Tyranitar!

Help, I was Robbed!

Ralts was kidnapped!

Annoying Tentacool!

Big Boss Honchkrow![/FONT]

"Golly, there's so much crime happening these days. It really makes you think..." Bidoof turned around and bumped into a Torchic wearing a bright orange scarf. "Oof! Sorry Miss Tori! I wasn't paying attention..." The Torchic just sighed, "Its okay Bidoof. I was just making my way to the lower floor."

Tori felt sort of uneasy, ever since she recently joined the guild. Her team members relied on her as a leader, yet she didn't know
    if she could do it. She barely had the guts to enter the guild hall, and she had yet to do any actual exploring outside of the occasional Beach Cave.

A Cyndaquil wearing a matching orange band around it's neck, followed by a Bagon garbed with an orange handkerchief, a bit tattered from wear walked up to Tori.

"Hey Tori, I found this really neat mission we could do! There's a little Wurmple stuck all the way up in Tiny Woods! Though it might take a while to get there, the rewards are...Tori? Are you okay?"

Tori looked up at the Cyndaquil "Oh, it's nothing Quilbert...Just going to go to our room for a little bit..."

"Well...All right. You've been all odd and down in the dumps ever since you've got here, I just want to know if you're all right...You know what, I've got an idea! Guild Master Wigglytuff is a nice and happy guy, maybe if we go visit him, some of his happiness will rub off onto you!"

Tori sighed again.

"Thanks for your concern Quilbert, but I'm really not in the mood right now."

The Bagon behind the twosome remarked in a loud, shouty voice, "Come ON Tori! I can't STAND to see a fellow member of Team Flurry stand around all depressed like this! Lets GO see Wigglytuff!"

"...Urk, you're right Nogab, maybe seeing Wigglytuff will cheer me up. I guess we could try..."

The threesome climbed down the ladder (though this was somewhat of a chore for Quilbert) and were about to go to the entrance to Guildmaster Wigglytuff's room when they came across a tall figure.

A Mr. Mime stood in front of them, maintaining a formal figure while still looking casual. Minkel was highly reowned as a respected explorer, adventuring to unknown places solo, and always triumphing through every one. He came to the guild to stay for a while, in order to prepare for his next exploration.

"My my, and what might you little ones be doing here this fine evening? It is a great day for exploring, is it not?"

"Oh, hello Mr. Minkel. We were just on our way to see the Guild Master."

Minkel looked at Tori with surprise "Why so down, my fluffy little friend? Do you need a pick me up?"

Minkel lied down on air!

"Or something to set you sky high?"

Minkel then climbed up on what seemed to be nothing!

"Oh, don't look at me, I just jest, it's him that needs all the attention."

Minkel pointed at what seemed to be an exact copy of him, a substitute in his likeness.

Tori couldn't help but smile at Minkel's magic tricks, and Quilbert and Nogab were clapping full of excitement.

"Hmmm, it seems we've got a severe case indeed. Why don't I tell you all a story while you're here. A legend, more of."

Minkel sat down on an invisible chair, "Long ago, there were to objects, a single staff made out of metal, and an orb made out of crystal. These two objects were enchanted with immense amounts of elemental energy, making those who wielded either one of them very powerful indeed. But their creators wanted even more out of them, so they were fused together, into a single, complete rod.
    Now although the rod indeed had the combined power of the two relics, it turned out that it was too powerful, yes, much more power then its creators could have ever anticipated. Fearing that the rod could be wielded by that of a wicked heart to lay waste to the world, they sealed it away, inside a deep, dark, dungeon, where no one would ever find it. Legend has it that the rod is guarded by a creature of magnificent power, rivaling that even of the Guardian of Time!"

Tori gasped. A being as powerful as the Guardian of Time? "This tale seems very interesting Mr. Minkel, but is it all just a legend, isn't it?"

"Oh, well, one could say that, but where would all the fun be if it was..."

Minkel pulled out a map from what seemed to be thin air!

The trio just stood there, speechless. Quilbert stammered "You mean...There's actually a rod of massive power...locked inside a dungeon?"

Minkel said in a playful tone of voice, "Mean is such a well...Mean word. I'm simply hinting that the legend might be a little bit more...Then a legend. Of course, it doesn't really matter weather it's real or not, as we won't ever know until we go there ourselves..."

Team Flurry suddenly became shocked, "You mean...You want US to go with you and help you explore a dungeon!?"

Minkel nodded slightly at Tori, "Well, why not? The more the merrier! Why, in fact, I'm sure we can go next morning!"

Nogab shivered with anticipation, "FINALY, we can do some ACTUAL exploring! In fact, LETS call the entire GUILD!"

But Minkel shook his head, "No, I'm afraid we can't let the entire guild out on an exploration, it would take too much time to set everything up. You can, however, recruit various other Pokémon to join us on our adventure. I'll expect you to be ready by tomorrow morning. Best get moving..."

And with that, Minkel vanished into thin air, leaving behind the map. Tori picked it up, "Let's see, according to this, the map is locaited somewhere between Blizzard island and the Marine Resort..."

Quilbert shouted in a gleeful voice, "Well what are we waiting for? Let's prepare and get the exploration into gear!"

Tori silenced Quilbert, "Quiet, do you want the entire guild to hear us?"

The team quickly scurried to Treasure Town in order to find those willing to join them...

~~~~~~~~~~~

Rules

1.) Obviously, no God Arceus Modding.
    2.) No use of vulgar language, I hope to keep this 10-12ish, though it might get a bit "dark" at points, so it might rise to 13...
    3.) You may Play as a lesser non-unique legendary, but you better give me a darned good reason to allow you to.
    4.) The story might seem straight forward right now, but it gets more and more complex the farther we progress into it. later, if I manage to cram all the chronicoles into a single thread, there will be more "stories" to which are connected, but seperate to each other. Again, I don't think I'll be able to cram ALL of them into a single thread. But if I can, then I'll post aditional rules.
    5.)A maximum of FIVE poké
    mon (Don't worry, Weezing and all those others only count as one poke) may be controled by a single player. NPCs are to be controlled mainly by me, but you can ask if you want to control one. (Some NPCs, though are NOT controlable. )
    6.) No controling another player's character without their permission.
    7.) If you're gone from the thread for too long (a week or two) without notifying me, something terrible just might happen to your character(s).
    8.) Have fun. If you're not going to have fun, what's even the point of joining?

(More rules can be found in the OOC thread.)

Character Sheets:

Name: (Self Explanitory)

Po
    kémon: (Are you a Lucario, or a Dunsparce? No major restrictions...For now.)

Level: (1-75 max)

Age: (Make it realistic, A venemoth isn't going to be 1000.)

Description: (The running red fox jumped into the flaming blue whale. Tell us about your character, what they look like, and all that good stuff. I suppose you can enter a picture or something...Just make it detailed.)

Other: (Anything alse you want to throw in? Personality? History? Why they're on the adventure? )

Moveset:
    (Up to four offensive moves and one passive move, and nothing insane, no Giga Impact Catterpies. Oh, I almost forgot, if
    you want to have a more powerful move, then add +1 to it. You can only do this to ONE move at that start of the adventure, but
    you'll earn more Battle Points the farther you progress through the adventure, which you can add again for a +2, or a maximum +3, or you can add on to another move.)

Current NPCs of Interest:
    [X] Minkel
    Description: Minkel is a classy Mr. Mime with a knack for exploring and a love for phantomime acts. Unlike most Mr. Mimes, he won't lash at you for interupting him, prefering to keep things in a much calmer manner.
    Stats:
    Lv: 70
    Item: Trick Bag
    Move set:
    Barrier
    Substitute
    Trick
    Psychic +3
    ???

[X] Kecleon Brothers
    Description: The Kecleon Brothers are always selling all sorts of things, and at reasonable prices too! Check often to see if new items are in stock!
    Kecleon Bros. Stock:
    Spoiler:

Beldum
    Description: Beldum is a fearless, adventurous little steel pokémon with a love for exploring. Though limited in being able to only able to utter a few words at a time (which has became increasingly common among the species), he can comunicate with similar magnetic pokémon (other Beldum, Magnemite, Bronzor, Nosepass, and evolutions) when in the face of danger.
    Stats:
    Lv: 20
    Item: N/A
    Move set:

Take Down

[X] Two-K
    Description: Ever since the Kecleon Brothers left Pokémon Square for Treasure Town, Two-K replaced them as the town shop-keeper. Two-K is notable for his cool personality, and for the fact he wears sun-glasses. WHERE he got the sun-glasses, is unknown.
    Two-K's Stock:
    Spoiler:

???
    Not unlocked yet

???
    Not unlocked yet

???
    Not unlocked yet

???
    Not unlocked yet

???
    Not unlocked yet

???
    Not unlocked yet

???
    Not unlocked yet

???
    Not unlocked yet

( [X] means that the NPC is non-controllable. Note, Some NPCs won't have stats, mainly because they're not supposed to fight.)

Teams, Squads, and Players:

Team Flurry:

Tori

Lv: 24
    Item: Pip Down
    Move set:
    Peck
    Ember
    Scratch
    Sand Attack

Quilbert
    Lv: 24
    Move set:
    Leer
    Ember
    Smoke Screen
    Flame Wheel
    Defense Curl

Nogab

Lv: 25
    Move Set:
    Bite
    Headbutt
    Rage
    Dragon Claw

Shadow
    Lv: 20
    Item: Wooden Claw
    Move Set:
    Thief
    Crush Claw
    Double Hit
    Shadow Claw
    Embargo

----

Rehoma
    Lv: 50
    Move Set:
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Shadow Ball
    Iron Tail
    Toxic

Bruce
    Lv: 60
    Move Set:
    Blaze Kick +1
    Ice Punch
    Focus Blast
    Headbutt
    Foresight

Clare
    Lv: 54
    Item: Bent Spoons
    Move set:
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Energy Ball
    Hidden Power

Teleport

Bambi
    Lv: 22
    Move set:
    Swift
    Return
    Quick Attack
    Attract

----

Soar
    Lv: 66
    Item: Miracle Gem
    Move Set:
    Brave Bird +1
    Fly
    Steel Wing
    Drill Peck

Karzai
    Lv: 30
    Move Set:
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Punch
    Mega Punch +1

Team Drudger:

Salamence

Lv: 60
    Move Set:

Flamethrower
    Dragon Claw
    Fly
    Crunch
    Rage

"Shadows" Darkalley
    Item: Quick Claw
    Move Set:

Faint Attack
    Thief
    Night Slash
    Slash
    Torment

Dirt Feast
    Lv: 36
    Item: Grimy Food
    Move Set:

Sludge Bomb
    Pound
    Fling
    Harden

Duster
    Move Set:
    Night Slash
    Thief
    Knock Off
    Punishment
    Confuse Ray

Skype -
    Item:
    Fast Scarf
    Move Set:
    Tri Attack
    Ice Beam
    Dark Pulse
    Conversion

Horizon
    Lv: 45
    Move Set:
    Confusion
    Teleport
    Double Team
    Magical Leaf +1
    Calm Mind

Jake
    Move Set:
    Flame Thrower +1
    Smoke Screen
    Shadow Claw
    Aerial Ace

Glenn
    Lv: 47
    Item: Plain Scarf
    Move Set:
    Quick Attack
    Thunder Bolt +1
    Agility
    Volt Tackle

Rory
    Move Set:
    Flare Blitz
    Heat Wave +1
    Giga Impact
    Rock Climb

Arc
    Lv: 42
    Item: Mobile Scarf
    Move Set:
    Endure
    Ice Punch
    Revers
    al
    Crunch +1

Swords Dance

Sting
    Lv: 14
    Move Set:
    Scratch
    Posion Tail

Acupressure

Spikes

Tom
    Lv: 6
    Move Set:
    Scratch
    Tail Whip
    Tackle
    Aura Sphere

Independant:

Spyra
    Lv: 58
    Move Set:
    Overheat 1/2
    Shadow Ball
    Thunder Bolt
    Confusion
    Blade Bow
    Iron Thorn x100

Last edited:

killet513

Death the Kid
    Years
  • I would like to join.

Name: Rehoma

Pokemon: Houndoom

Description: He looks like a regular houndoom instead he has bigger horns than usual. Also instead of him having red eyes he has a pale blueish type color.

Other: He is level 50.

Moveset: Attack Moves: Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Iron Tail, Passive Move: Toxic

I will edit when I figure what that is.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Name: Bruce
    Po
    kémon: Hitmonlee
    Level: 60
    Description: He has a star shaped scar over his left eye,and wears orangeleg warmers with weights underneath.His back also has a myraid of red lines on it.otherwise,he looks like a normal hitmonlee
    Other: He is distantly related to tori,his mother being a blaziken
    Moveset: Blaze kick+1,ice punch,focus blast,headbutt,foresight

Gardevoyeurism

Stalking Gardevoirs
    Years
  • Wewt! A PMD RP. =) *waves* Hi Killet!

Name:
    Clare Attridge

Po
    kémon: Alakazam

Level: ...Umm, 54?

Age: 4 years. I assume that'd be the Abra equivalent of 28.

Description: Clare is quite a bit smaller than most of her species, making her whiskers appear disproportionately long compared to her diminutive body. She attempts to appear taller by adjusting her posture. This, however, only causes her to look less stooped. Her armored top ends closer to her chest rather than her waist, giving the appearance of a bustier.

Other:
    Forgetful, ditzy Clare is everything an Alakazam shouldn't be. She can, however, process things and solve problems just as well as any other Alakazam can - she just doesn't remember how she did it, nor can she do so when anyone else is around. Ironically, her bad memory is what keeps her in the team for she cannot teach anyone else how to do the things she does. She is also overly-affectionate towards those she knows and somewhat skittish around those she doesn't. If she decides that she takes a liking towards a particular individual, they shall expect to be on the receiving end of a brutal face-licking.
    When, or if, she decides that she doesn't like said individual she would rather avoid him or her rather than attack them for she wouldn't attack unless truly necessary. She also doesn't approve of practices such as mind-reading and control. Clare is also a hopeless romantic and once knew the move Attract, though this was taken out of her moveset due to the fact that she abused it.

Clare belongs to a trainer, though she currently isn't one of her on-hand Pokemon and so said trainer does not know that her Alakazam is wandering around on her own. Her mother was a Kadabra and her father was a Magmortar, though some would say she has the temperament of a Lopunny.

Moveset:

Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Energy Ball
    Hidden Power
    Teleport

Years
  • (( Can I join, and are we allowed to be shiny? If not, I'll edit. ))

Name: Bambi

Pokémon: Eevee

Level: 22

Age: Uhhh... Not sure how pokemon years translate into human years, but she'd be about 13 if she were a human

Description: Bambi is smaller than the average eevee with a thick, pale brown coat. Like any other eevee, she has cream-colored mane and tail-tip. Her ears appear too large for her body, but she has an excellent sense of hearing. She's very fast for an eevee, though she can't always measure up to other pokemon. Her fur is generally pretty untidy. After all, she can't groom it EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Other: Bambi is generally a pretty friendly eevee, though she can occasionally be impulsive and a bit scatterbrained. She isn't quick to judge on appearance, but if she gets mad she'll act before she thinks. Overall, she's the kind of pokemon you either love or hate, and if you can't figure it out she'll decide for you.

She hates it when she isn't able to measure up strength-wise to other pokemon, when in her opinion, she's just as good. If anyone ever comments on that, she generally goes into the aforesaid enraged state where her judgement is severely impaired. She loves adventure, but never managed to form a rescue team herself, being unable to stick to a goal. When opportunity knocked, however, she walked through the doorway without a second thought.

Moveset:
    OFFENSIVE: Swift(+1), Return, Quick Attack
    PASSIVE: Attract

Last edited:

Fishyman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • No.
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    Name: Karzai

Pokémon: Munchlax

Level: 30

Description: Looks like any other Munchlax. Because of his age, he is one to normally run into things or try to do to many things at once. He is generally self-loathing, so he usually puts his friends over himself. He's trained himself to the core, though, training with a Hitmonchan since he was 10. He is an expert in hand only combat, knowing all the elemental punches, and a Mega Punch when those don't work. He generslly enjoys working in a large team, but can work solo when he needs to.

Other: He's on his adventure to help others, but also to try and learn new great techniques to further his punching skills so one day he can go home and beat his best friend, a Tyrouge who has always made fun of him for being a lousy fighter.

Moveset:
    Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Mega Punch (+1)

Niprop

Years
  • (( Fishyman accepted! Now we're starting to get more quality here. I figure I'll start the story somewhere tomorrow or something. But to those of you out there, don't fret! There will be various opportunities to enter the story!))

tim0789

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    SU

Name: Neon
    Pokémon: Umbreon

Level: 35

Description: Neon looks like your average Umbreon except for a cut across it's left eye. His fur is a bit darker than other Umbreon also, probably due to genetics. His ears always fling forward when he is ready to fight, which is an odd defect.

Personality: Neon is a very playful, and entergetic pokemon. He is always up bright and early training or just walking around town. Neon is friendly but on some occasions can be a bit nasty if you bring up the wrong topic. He tends to stand up for what he believes in, and also seeks revenge on the group Houndooms who killed his family.

History: Neon grew up on the outskirts of Treasure Town with his family. His mother was a Flareon, while his dad was still just a evee. He had four brothers of which, all evolved before him. His brothers picked on him for not evolving but he knew they were just acting like brothers. One night though everything changed...his family was attacked by a group of Houndooms who destroyed their house and killed his family, he barley made it out alive. To this day he still holds the memory in the back of his head.
    Moveset: Tackle, Pursuit, quick attack, Iron Tail +1

Niprop

Years
  • ((Proddit and tim0789 both accepted! All right, now I'll start up the RP shortly, just give me a sec...))

Chapter 1: The Adventure Begins!

After spending a long day searching far and wide for any Pokémon willing to join them on their quest, Team Flurry went back to the guild to rest up and prepare...

"LOOK UP AND AT EM! IT'S MORNING!"

!!!!!!

Tori woke up startled.

"Urk, Good morning Quilbert."

Quilbert got up out of his bed. "Today's the big day Tori, all packed up?"

Tori pulled out a small treasure pack. "I've got a few items, but Nogab has the bulk of our supplies. He should be coming pretty soon, with all our recruits."

"Okay then, what are we waiting for, let's go!" And with that, Quilbert quickly put on his band and charged out of the room as swiftly as his stubby legs allowed him to.

Tori was putting on her own scarf when she noticed something sticking out of her bed. It was a feather, shaded in a pretty medium blue. This must of been on of been Piplup's feather... The room Tori and Quilbert used at the Guild was once that of Team Poképals, rumored to have done many heroic deeds. Tori held on to the feather.

By the time Tori got to the main Guild Hall, the daily motto had already finished. An angry Chatot approched her. "What gives? You should of had more then enough time to get ready!"

"Oh, sorry Chatot, I umm...Overslept?"

Chatot raised an eyebrow. "The only pok
    émon that I know of that could possibly sleep through Loudred is the Guildmaster himself! Don't let this happen again, and get to work!"

Chatot hopped away to attend the guild's duties.

After exiting the guild house, Tori and Quilbert met up with Nogab, followed by all the recruits. "It's about TIME you showed up! Here's EVERYONE we RECRUITED!"

A fairly large band of Pokémon came up to the team. First there was a Houndoom, followed by a Hitmonlee, an Alakazam, Eevee, Munchlax, Sneasel, and an Umbreon.

"My, it seems like you have quite the party little ones..."

Minkel materialized infront of the group out of what seemed to be magic!

"Well, since I assume you have already prepared, lets start on our jorney right here, right now. Our first destination shall be Blizzard Island, and we shall move from there to get to the said area."

Quilbert looked slightly puzzled, "But...How will we get there, seeing that Blizzard Island is well...And Island? Do you expect us to swim there?"

Minkel shook his head, "Oh, no no, I had everything planned out before hand, and I in fact have a ship to sail us there."

The entire party gasped. "You have a ship!?"

"Well, being a well known explorer has its perks. Come everyone, it is currently anchored at the Beach!"

Last edited:
    Years
  • Bambi followed the Bagon to the Wigglytuff guild, still uncertain on why she'd allowed herself to be woken up this early. Her fur was still rumpled from sleep, and her eyes were half-closed. She glanced over at the Umbreon, a little irritated by his presence. Would anyone be able to take her seriously while he was nearby? Well, she wasn't going to evolve to prove it. She could prove herself through deeds, not just looks. She'd tied her (slightly rumpled) orange bandana around her neck that morning as soon as she'd woken up. She was ready for anything. She had a pack full of oran berries. She could do this.

When the Mr. Mime appeared out of thin air, however, she yelped and jumped backwards very un-heroically into the Munchlax behind her. What an auspicious beginning. "Um, sorry," she muttered, attempting to listen to what the Mime was saying. Being surrounded by pokemon who were huge in proportion to her wasn't helping her nerves. Stay cool, breathe evenly, and try not to die of claustrophobia.

Blizzard Island? Where in the name of Arceus was that? She sighed in relief as the Quilava asked one of her many unspoken questions. The one she really wanted the answer to was how they were going to get to the 'said area' from Blizzard Island. Wouldn't there be, like, snow there? And blizzards? And dangerous ice-type pokemon? Were they going to go through a dungeon? Was there another port? Would there-
    Shut up! She told herself. You're just along for the ride.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back