• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon New Emerald

What is the feature you want to see in another hack?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    Hey man, just want to say I'm LOVING the hack so far, definitely my favorite enhancement hack for Emerald! My only complaint is that Earthquake and Flamethrower are no longer a TMs, you changed it to U-Turn and Earthpower respectively. Is it possible to bring back Earthquake and Flamethrower, and replace another TM with U-Turn/Earth Power, such as snatch and torment since those TMs are really not that useful at all? Other then that, it's a stellar hack, awesome job, those TM changes would make it perfect though!

Years
  • Hey man, just want to say I'm LOVING the hack so far, definitely my favorite enhancement hack for Emerald! My only complaint is that Earthquake and Flamethrower are no longer a TMs, you changed it to U-Turn and Earthpower respectively. Is it possible to bring back Earthquake and Flamethrower, and replace another TM with U-Turn/Earth Power, such as snatch and torment since those TMs are really not that useful at all? Other then that, it's a stellar hack, awesome job, those TM changes would make it perfect though!

I think the game needs more variety for type and special/physical moves and some status moves. This is why I didn't changed status moves, but if people want I can change TMs in a future release. :smile:

Thanks for the words. I'm glad you liked the hack.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    That's cool man, at the end of the day it's up to you, the only reason I ask for those specific TMs is because they are moves the a lot of Pokémon can learn only through TM, and they are just overall great moves. Nevertheless, awesome work on the hack, like I said my favorite enhancement hack for Metals thus far! :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Quick question - are there updated breeding mechanics? Like destiny knot and inheriting abilities, etc. If there is no IV perfector in place at least we can try our luck with breeding to get the IVs we want.

Glad you're working on implementing the perfector though! You should see if Altered Emerald's creator can help you out with the code - they have it in their game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Quick question - are there updated breeding mechanics? Like destiny knot and inheriting abilities, etc. If there is no IV perfector in place at least we can try our luck with breeding to get the IVs we want.

Glad you're working on implementing the perfector though! You should see if Altered Emerald's creator can help you out with the code - they have it in their game.

Sorry I didn't changed breeding. There is almost no research in breeding, but emerald added some breeding mechanics, maybe it has something that can help. Iv perfector is not hard to implemente, Egg's various engine make it so easy to implement, but I dont have enough time now to implement and choose where the player will get it (probably an expensive item after elite 4). I have to develop a car sharing app and website to my course, so no time for hacking for the next 2 months. Sorry guys:frown:

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    Sorry I didn't changed breeding. There is almost no research in breeding, but emerald added some breeding mechanics, maybe it has something that can help. Iv perfector is not hard to implemente, Egg's various engine make it so easy to implement, but I dont have enough time now to implement and choose where the player will get it (probably an expensive item after elite 4). I have to develop a car sharing app and website to my course, so no time for hacking for the next 2 months. Sorry guys:frown:

Bummer! I'll have to wait until you implement that feature then. I'll be checking back constantly with the hopes you had some free time and decided to add the IV Perfector.

Good luck on your work!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hi man, is there a method to have pokemons with perfect IVs?

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Is there any location you can learn Earthquake or Brick Break? Or are these moves not in this game?

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    (Since posts are dumb and the photo attachments never work for moi) https://imgur.com/a/aCP2g6a That's how you do it. Great game, Forced Status on some leaders really makes you change your strategy (Or just hold berries lol) The game is truely deserving of it's name. Great game, mate.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    For some reason I can't get this to run on an Everdrive X5. It runs fine on an emulator but It gets stuck on the bios screen when loading it on the everdrive. Do you happen to know why this might be happening and if there is a way to fix it?

Years
  • For some reason I can't get this to run on an Everdrive X5. It runs fine on an emulator but It gets stuck on the bios screen when loading it on the everdrive. Do you happen to know why this might be happening and if there is a way to fix it?

Probably an issue with save or rtc. Can you force Everdrive to use 64 kB save and enable rtc?

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2021
    Not sure if anyone here would know, but is there a way to access both parts of the Shoal Cave in this rom. When I got there it was high tide and I haven't seen it change to low tide yet. When I boot up the rom it gives the normal "battery has died" message. I'm trying to complete the Pokedex and it would be a bummer if I couldn't because one small area is locked off. Also I have really been having a great time with this hack, thank you so much for making it!

Years
  • Not sure if anyone here would know, but is there a way to access both parts of the Shoal Cave in this rom. When I got there it was high tide and I haven't seen it change to low tide yet. When I boot up the rom it gives the normal "battery has died" message. I'm trying to complete the Pokedex and it would be a bummer if I couldn't because one small area is locked off. Also I have really been having a great time with this hack, thank you so much for making it!

Enable rtc and set save to flash 64kb in emu config and see if it fix battery message.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2021
    The pokemons don't have some abilities that they are supposed to have, Bagon doesn't have rock head anymore just sheer force with is supposed to it's hidden ability and shroomish don't have quick feet as a hidden ability with is supposed to become technician when it evolves to a Breloom.

Last edited:
    Back