• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 13, 2017
I cant save the game it keeps saying save error. How do I fix this? Also its a great game. Ive waited so long for a game to start out with eevee.

Years
I don't understand what is happening. I got caved in that icy area which opened near Ignite Heights. Now I am stuck in it. When I go in the dead end on the bottom right, there's a tile there which shakes my camera and I see the text 'Hmm..'

I don't know what to do next. I saw a tutorial and that tile opened a door after stepping on it a couple of times. I stepped on it well over 30 times and nothing happens.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2017
Hello,

After beating all rocket guys in Aqualight tower, I could not find a way to surf to Chert Town. How do we do that?

As a second question, at what level Magnemite evolves? It would be awesome if you share an updated list of evolution methods.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2023
Hey, the link to the progression playlist on youtube is broken.

Also, I've found five of the six grey feathers, do I need all of them to proceed? I can't find the last one and I have no idea where to go next

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 27, 2017
Hello and thank you for the rom hack! I am trying to play this on gba4ios and I'm getting the 1m circuit board save error. Is there a way to fix this on mobile?

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Hello and thank you for the rom hack! I am trying to play this on gba4ios and I'm getting the 1m circuit board save error. Is there a way to fix this on mobile?
Find out if you can change the cartridge save type of your emulator, if you can find out how and change it to flash 128k

mc.ace19

of Spades
Years
So... I'm guessing that the development of this game has been dropped..? I'm just saying, 'cause it's already late June and all of that and there's still no news about anything...

If that is the case, then I would just like to say that this hack is, without a doubt, one of the most ambitious rom hacks here. Ambitious, in the sense that, the creator went out of the box that in which most creators are becoming trapped in. The creator changed almost all of the normal POK?MON mechanics to the point that the hack can even be sometimes forgotten to be a hack and not an original game of its own.

What I'm just trying to say is thank you for creating this and for letting us explore your own world of POK?MON.

In before it isn't actually dropped yet and I'm just being overtly emotional for nothing... lmao
#might-delete-later-cause-im-not-good-at-this-sort-of-thing

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hello everyone. I understand that there is a feeling that the game is dead or something. But it is not. It is just that being an adult now has me extremely busy. Makes me miss the days back in 2012-2015, when I was younger, still in college and still have tons of time to work on the game. Being an adult has so many unpredictable things going on in life. But I can assure you that I still work on the game here and there.

My most recent updates months ago involved Conquest Road, which I had thought out perfectly, just need to map it out. It is like 40 percent completed. Once again, I have put way too much blood, sweat, and tears to ever ever quit this game. Working on the hack back in 2012-2014, got me through some hard times. It was like my getaway project; something that I know I will be proud of finishing in the inevitable future.

mc.ace19

of Spades
Years
Hello everyone. I understand that there is a feeling that the game is dead or something. But it is not. It is just that being an adult now has me extremely busy. Makes me miss the days back in 2012-2015, when I was younger, still in college and still have tons of time to work on the game. Being an adult has so many unpredictable things going on in life. But I can assure you that I still work on the game here and there.

My most recent updates months ago involved Conquest Road, which I had thought out perfectly, just need to map it out. It is like 40 percent completed. Once again, I have put way too much blood, sweat, and tears to ever ever quit this game. Working on the hack back in 2012-2014, got me through some hard times. It was like my getaway project; something that I know I will be proud of finishing in the inevitable future.

A Y Y Y Y Y ! ! ! I was wrong! lmao

Take your time dude :)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
How long is this hack now?
Length for as it stands now? Or for the next release? For as it stands now, the game is fairly long. Seven gym badges are obtainable. The next release will contain the Taejo League and a few new Taejo post league areas, as will as the early stages of the new journey to the second region. I'm excited. I'm going to finish mapping Conquest Road and Cave today, then brainstorm the layout of the Taejo League. Then I will finish scripting up Chert Town and the Conquest routes.

sz

Years
Are in this game Weavile, Togekiss and Electivire? I have right now Sneasel, Togetic and Electabuzz in my team, just wondering.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 19, 2019
Absolutely love the game!

To further echo the comments made throughout the entirety of this thread, it feels like you are playing a game all of it's own standing. Still amazing as a Pokemon game, but also amazing as a stand-alone.

I do have a few issues that I've run into however during my playing of it:
  • The battle styles of "Send" and "SET" both perform as set. There is no in-between switching.
  • Moves that create infatuation (attract) seem to last an unlimited amount of time. If I remember correctly from all Pokemon games,
    this status should end around the 2-5 turns, per usual.
  • I've never been a fan of static exp. gain for all 'Mons. Maybe this is just still in development? But personally, I'd like to see it changed.
These very few and unimportant issues do not detract from the amazing experience you have created! I just wanted to let you know what I have come across that has caused some issues for me. Obviously nothing big!

Keep doing the amazing job you have done.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Are future releases compatible? :)
Yea.
Are in this game Weavile, Togekiss and Electivire? I have right now Sneasel, Togetic and Electabuzz in my team, just wondering.
Yea they are. However, the evolutionary methods for them are unlocked after defeating the Taejo League.
Absolutely love the game!

To further echo the comments made throughout the entirety of this thread, it feels like you are playing a game all of it's own standing. Still amazing as a Pokemon game, but also amazing as a stand-alone.

I do have a few issues that I've run into however during my playing of it:
  • The battle styles of "Send" and "SET" both perform as set. There is no in-between switching.
  • Moves that create infatuation (attract) seem to last an unlimited amount of time. If I remember correctly from all Pokemon games,
    this status should end around the 2-5 turns, per usual.
  • I've never been a fan of static exp. gain for all 'Mons. Maybe this is just still in development? But personally, I'd like to see it changed.
These very few and unimportant issues do not detract from the amazing experience you have created! I just wanted to let you know what I have come across that has caused some issues for me. Obviously nothing big!

Keep doing the amazing job you have done.
The Set battle mode by default was intended. There is a patch that only allows Set to be run, in order to add a challenge to the game.

As for the infatuation thing, it is a very uncommon occurrence due to it being a rare status effect, so I'll have to go check it out to see what is up.

And for static exp gain? I'm not sure what you mean? Are you talking about the exp share that has been introduced in gen 6? Like that?
And thanks for the recognition!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 19, 2019

And for static exp gain? I'm not sure what you mean? Are you talking about the exp share that has been introduced in gen 6? Like that?
And thanks for the recognition!

Not exactly what I mean. I'm actually referring to the experience needed between levels for all 'Mons.

[For Example:]
To get Rattata from level 10 to level 11 takes (let's say) 500exp. And from 11 to 12 it takes 650exp.
Now take a Ralts from level 10 to level 11 also takes 500exp. and from 11 to 12 takes 650.
Same would go for a Dratini, or a Magikarp, or a Suicune.

So basically, no matter the pokemon, all experience needed to get the next level is the same. Basically meaning there are no fast-leveling or slow-leveling Pokemon; they are all the same.

The reason I bring this up is because it makes Pokemon (like Rattata, HootHoot, i.e.) become virtually unusable because the amount of experience it takes just to level them to get decent moves or an evolution takes the same amount of time and exp as it would to level up a legendary. If the exp table was changed where early mon's and "low-usage" mon's were easier to level, and the high-usage, powerful mon's were slightly harder, it would make for a much more varied usage of all pokemon in the game.

Just a suggestion!

Murderlinez3

Shiny Scyther
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 26, 2022
Hello I just newd help..
How I can join Prof. Oaks conference??
I am in pokewood city.

Back