• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
I'm using VBA, what should I be using? Also, your instructions could use a little explaining, idk what you mean by real time clock, pretty sure i have more than enough space for 120kb saves, and not sure how deleting a save file will do anything if i can't save to begin with.

There is an option in Visual Boy Advance (VBA) that will say Real Time Clock. Click on it and it will show a check. Also, make sure the save type is Flash 128 KB. And there you go.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Daaymn.
I like that.
I really like it.
How'd ya do it? :l
It's pretty simple. It may seem like a lot at first, but then it gets fun and easy after a while.
1) I used VBA's Memory Viewer in order to locate the palette of the desired target.
2) Using the information stored in the Memory Viewer: You will find the GBA color value of a palette that you click on.
For instance: Value 0x6280. This number gets reversed into a hex editor. Hence the Hex Byte Value is (8062).
3) Using the color values that we found (searching for the bytes of an entire shade of one color makes it easier), we then search for the hex bytes (not offset).
For instance: Finding three GBA color values (reversed for hex): 8062 7573 8326. We search for these bytes within a hex editor.
4) Once you locate the hex byte strings, you can overwrite them with new "hex palettes!"
5) Finally, using APE's color code selector allows you to examine the color code in RGB and GBA format (the value number).
The color Value number is already inverse in that program, so all you need to do is copy and paste it into the hex editor!

Hope this helps!

Edit 1 - Ooooops! Sorry, not the Memory Viewer. I meant Palette Viewer.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I think it's better if you just add trees and grasses ^^
PokemonNormal_02_zpsf6602547.png
These are only going to be simple palette edits. Changing the actual background (let alone, all 10 of them), I think is too time consuming. I would probably never finish creating this game if keep implementing such time consuming tasks, haha.
I just want to keep things quick and simple so I can finish this game soon!

Edit 1 - I like this palette edit. It gives me a nice retro feeling!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
sylveon and draceon not in gene dex??
Most likely. That would be during the later portion of the game.
I think I might allow Eevee to evolve into them instead.
----------
Well, here's the new official start of the game (unlike beta 1.5).
-----

-----
The new story starts out that Zaquar was on his way back home in order to attend his meeting with Professor Oak. He was just about to finish up one of his daily hiking trips in a special cave that he usually ventures through until one day...

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
This is looking very good.

Not to doubt you or anything but i really hope this dosent turn out like Blue Chrome.
U add all these awesom features and then its never released.

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
This is looking very good.

Not to doubt you or anything but i really hope this dosent turn out like Blue Chrome.
U add all these awesom features and then its never released.

Blue Chrome was an RMXP game, a bit irrelevant here.
And besides, he's releasing S.J.Ware, which has all of Chromes Featuers.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Yup. Beta 2.3 is right around the corner. I just been doing more graphical/script updating and assuring that the game is bug free. I'm entering my fourth play-through, and I'm still not bored of playing it, lol. I will be sending it out to my beta testers soon before an official public release.
-----
[URL=http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/FrozenInfernoZX/media/Pokemon%20Normal%20Version/Beta23Progress_zps68fab54c.png.html][/URL]
-----
Here is a literal physical description map of all of the places that players will be able to transverse. As you can see, this game's travel path is not cut clear (Although you can tell by the route numbers). There will be lots of revisiting and backtracking!
Pokewood City is no longer included, I have a lot planned for that city event/graphical wise that would probably introduce a set of new bugs. Since I'm near a beta release, I don't think that including Pokewood was a good idea.
Well, I hope to fill up the progress chart with more brown next year!
Also, it is required that players start with a new save file for this game unless you want to get stuck in a random place or have graphical glitches or events that will not activate!
----------
Also, I will not be providing any walk-throughs (not to be mean guys).
I just feel that walk-throughs take the fun out of finding and discovering things on your own!
That's what makes Pokemon games so much more fun and adventurous!
I will answer basic questions though!
----------
Also! If somebody can discover the Seijo Region map Easter Egg, then I'll give you a prize!
It's a funny story how "it" happened, haha.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2020
Hey! I'm relatively new here, just want to say your game looks amazing! Did you make the tiles yourself? I cant wait for Beta 2.3 to be out!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hey! I'm relatively new here, just want to say your game looks amazing! Did you make the tiles yourself? I cant wait for Beta 2.3 to be out!
Thanks! And I didn't make the tiles. I used a rombase created by user Alistair and imported graphics (or touched up some graphics) from here and there.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Seijo... I forgot which side that was on lol. Is the Seijo Map based off of the one in Beta 2 or one the one in your sig?
Seijo is the region on the left side in my sig.
And Taejo is the region on the right side.
You get to travel to Seijo after the Taejo League.
You actually get to travel to one borderline city in Seijo before the Taejo League.
That will be in beta 3.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I am also in the process of editing the Pokedex Pokemon locations. This will take awhile to complete, so in order to avoid confusion, I rather post this information now:
You will see this in the current beta 2.3:
-----

-----
What you see here is not a bug! I have purposely moved all of the Pokemon locations to that spot because having it scrambled around on a Kanto Region map for beta 2.3 may confuse people. As I type, I am in the process of changing this Kanto Map into a Taejo Map. This can easily be done, so it will be included in beta 2.3, but not the physical location of the Pokemon cause that is going to take me some time.
----------
Well, here it is!
-----

-----
I wanted to make finding Pokemon more fun and challenging in the wild,
so this Pokedex locator box will now give estimated coordinal points
of where the Pokemon MAY be found.
----------
And since I am attacking the Pokedex, I might as well...
-----

-----
There will be many references to other regions in this game! (But it does not mean that I will be hinting a Hoenn Remake!) LOL
Still more work to be done...!

Last edited:
Back