• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
  • yay!! slightly over excited for this :D are the pokemon locations the same, or have a few changed? :)
    If you're talking about in regards to RC 1, it's been completely updated for the greater good.
    not sure if its part of the game, I have played around with options but I can't switch out between pokemon when the opposing pokemon faints, the option for it doesn't come up
    That's intended. This is to make the battles more unpredictable, fun, and challenging.
    Can I ask you something is there a different way to get smash because the dude who give it to you is not giving it to me he just keep on saying it feel normal out in the desert city and I already beat the 3rd gym.
    Have you beaten the fourth gym leader and explored the secret chamber on Route 55, in addition to?

Years
  • If you're talking about in regards to RC 1, it's been completely updated for the greater good.

That's intended. This is to make the battles more unpredictable, fun, and challenging.

Have you beaten the fourth gym leader and explored the secret chamber on Route 55, in addition to?
    Nope I haven't if the 4th gym in the dessert city, than I can't get past some npc saying the gym leader is battling someone else and secret chamber. I remember facing a gang of bikers and having to escape but that it.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Where is the download and this game is compatible to my boy Android?
    Please help
    Lol. It's on the front page listed under the download section...
    Nope I haven't if the 4th gym in the dessert city, than I can't get past some npc saying the gym leader is battling someone else and secret chamber. I remember facing a gang of bikers and having to escape but that it.
    Brock is obviously not the gym leader. And the gym leader resides in an underground tunnel. You can see this because there is a gym sign right on top of the t-shaped rock.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Ok,I got it and when beta 4 would and is this game compatible to my boy?
    I don't know when the next beta is out. I don't usually like to predict those. But I'm going to try to get it out before the end of the summer (North America).

RC 3 should be released soon or I'll just merge it in with beta 4. And the the game is compatible, but not fully due to some scripts. Report the exact script that gives you a problem so I can see how I can alter the script.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • I KNEW YOU WOULDN'T GIVE UP!!!! NICE JOB, MAN!!!!
    I'VE BEEN A FAN OF THIS HACK FOR OVER A YEAR NOW AND I HAVE NEVER LOVED IT MORE!!!!!
    Thanks for all of the support! This game is a tribute to G/S/C and Shiny Gold, the game that inspired me to create a rom hack.
    --------------------
    And here is a screenshot you guys may like! I won't tell you this one-off event's location... but the floor tile you see should give you a hint. And this occurs on a certain day of the week!
    --------------------
    Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Delta231

A noob
    Years
  • I don't know when the next beta is out. I don't usually like to predict those. But I'm going to try to get it out before the end of the summer (North America).

RC 3 should be released soon or I'll just merge it in with beta 4. And the the game is compatible, but not fully due to some scripts. Report the exact script that gives you a problem so I can see how I can alter the script.

Ok,I will be waiting

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2016
    Hi,
    Got an issue the screen goes black when I meet Suicide and the beginning of the game. How do I fix this bug?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    If you're talking about in regards to RC 1, it's been completely updated for the greater good.

ahh okeydokey :) I thought I'd double check, on both fronts :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    sorry being a pain, I can't go anywhere in frozen fire lake, I enter through the elevator and whenever I get near the first set of stairs it freezes up totally

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2017
    ok... there' s bug at the fire ice lake... the character suddenly stop and cant process walk

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    ok... there' s bug at the fire ice lake... the character suddenly stop and cant process walk

I'm having this same issue. The game freezes (Except for music) if you go past the ladder on the left, or if you step on the ice on the next floor.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Hi,
    Got an issue the screen goes black when I meet Suicide and the beginning of the game. How do I fix this bug?
    That is a non-native VBA-M bug. It is an emulator compatibility problem. Your emulator seemingly does not work well with the widescreen script.
    sorry being a pain, I can't go anywhere in frozen fire lake, I enter through the elevator and whenever I get near the first set of stairs it freezes up totally
    Very very strange problem. That is very interesting indeed. It's not even a script tile... hmmm... maybe one of the map's scripts, headers, got written over. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that the freeze happens in the same exact spots... seems to be in random spots too... The most important information of this glitch shows that the freeze happens as soon as the player makes the movement to move off of the current floor tile. I will look further into this!

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Ok then what emulator works for this game on android? I'm currently using MyBoy...
    I'm not sure. I suggest playing this on VBA-M since that is what the game was tested on. I have no idea how the other emulators will handle this game however.
    With the exception of the beginning of the game with. Scuiune, Myboy works fine for the rest of the game, at least it did for me.
    The reason the screen turns black is due to the cutscene script. The second time it is used is during the first Call the Cops mission.
    --------------------
    Meanwhile, the source of the Frozen Fire Lake freezing has been found. It requires some hex editing. When I get it all figured out, an updated 3.0 RC 2.69 will be released. Keep in mind that the download link's name is remaining the same from now on.

Back