• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Obsidian Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2015
Such a great game! I am just playing it now after downloading the new demo.

Still feels fresh and fun, and the Fakemon fire starter is cool to play with.

-Found one problem, when I spoke to the trainer left of Nurse Joy in Nidopoint Woods, my game crashed.

Atomic Reactor

Such a great game! I am just playing it now after downloading the new demo.

Still feels fresh and fun, and the Fakemon fire starter is cool to play with.

-Found one problem, when I spoke to the trainer left of Nurse Joy in Nidopoint Woods, my game crashed.

Are you using Windows 8? It seems like people who have windows 8 keep having their game crash.

Years
Really nice game! But, I did find a few bugs. I don't know if this is the place to report them, but I don't know where else.

1. There's a little error on the Fairy type. I don't really know if it affects game play, since I haven't encountered any Fairies yet, but it's still there. I has looking through the PBS, and found that Fairy's weaknesses are listed: PoISON and STEEL. As far as I'm aware, Fairy might not be weak to Poison because it isn't in all Uppercase.

2. For me, at least, music doesn't play in certain places. Like Palmbreeze Town (Or was it a city...) and Route 2A and B. Also, certain sound effects bring up a little error report for me, but it doesn't actually crash the game. I just find it a little annoying how the sound when Nurse Joy heals your pokemon brings up an error report. Again, this bug might just be my computer or something, it might be different for others.

Atomic Reactor

Really nice game! But, I did find a few bugs. I don't know if this is the place to report them, but I don't know where else.

1. There's a little error on the Fairy type. I don't really know if it affects game play, since I haven't encountered any Fairies yet, but it's still there. I has looking through the PBS, and found that Fairy's weaknesses are listed: PoISON and STEEL. As far as I'm aware, Fairy might not be weak to Poison because it isn't in all Uppercase.

2. For me, at least, music doesn't play in certain places. Like Palmbreeze Town (Or was it a city...) and Route 2A and B. Also, certain sound effects bring up a little error report for me, but it doesn't actually crash the game. I just find it a little annoying how the sound when Nurse Joy heals your pokemon brings up an error report. Again, this bug might just be my computer or something, it might be different for others.

Thank you for this! I will take a look at the PBS folder haha, thanks!

Also, I forgot to set the music for 2A and B, so that's why that doesn't work. And unfortunately, the sound engine is just buggy sometimes and won't play the selected song. So, sorry about that. Also, can you show me what error message comes up at the Pokecenter? It sometimes doesn't play the healing tune, but I've never had an error pop up.

Thanks again!

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2015
Are you using Windows 8? It seems like people who have windows 8 keep having their game crash.

Nope, using Windows 7.

Also... I just caught and used a Slakoth's Yawn. It has missed every single time, and I have used it eleven times. Bit strange. Sorry if this is a "thing" I haven't checked. Just thought I would make a note of it in case no one had noticed.

Years
Thank you for this! I will take a look at the PBS folder haha, thanks!

Also, I forgot to set the music for 2A and B, so that's why that doesn't work. And unfortunately, the sound engine is just buggy sometimes and won't play the selected song. So, sorry about that. Also, can you show me what error message comes up at the Pokecenter? It sometimes doesn't play the healing tune, but I've never had an error pop up.

Thanks again!

You're welcome. As for the error...

Spoiler:

That's what the error report says. I might have messed it up a bit though, since I can't copy and paste it. Also, I found another little bug, that I'm not sure I want you to remove, because it speeds up training quite a bit {XD}. When you run into a building (or out of one), and keep running before the screen shows the area, the entire game speeds up. You know when you hold SPACE on the Visual Boy Advance and the game speeds up? Yeah, it's like that. The only way to fix it is to walk normally into a building. But again, It might be just my computer or something.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2016
I found a Game breaking glitch. After the Krimson or Crimson, (whatever it is) stealth mission I am stuck like the cut-seen when he/she walks off. Some insight please

Atomic Reactor

@Meppy: I think I actually had that put in for people who want a little more fast paced game haha. So no, it's not a glitch :)

@Suchanut02 I actually fixed that in this download. Here you go!
http://goo.gl/DZCUGi
You'll just have to copy and paste the file "game.rxdata" over to this new folder!

Last edited:

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Hey, mate!
I found myself a glitch. :P
41b17aa4a2b82f1374c1340f04fabf86.gif

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2015
@Suchanut02 I actually fixed that in this download. Here you go!
You'll just have to copy and paste the file "game.rxdata" over to this new folder!

Errm, which download? I just got to this issue myself.

Fantastic gameplay with Krimson, I was so pleasantly surprised! The plot is also developing really nicely.
(Out of curiosity... are there any other fakemon in this demo, or just the starters?)

Atomic Reactor

@tImE That's fixed in the newest download here! http://goo.gl/DZCUGi

@frankiesay Haha I forgot to include the link XD you can find it ^^ there

@NeoSpeedFreak You can find Skorupi in the desert and Yanma in Route 3

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2016
Isn't the Ralts line excluding Gallade Psychic/Fairy? Because Ralts is just pure Psychic here....

Atomic Reactor

Ahh man, I forgot to add in their fairy typing :(
I'll have that fixed in 3.2!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
why doesnt it work on windows 8 man i really want to play the game on windows 8

i found something that troubles me the bug catcher in nidopoint woods with the 3 caterpies whenever my chargo levels up against him my game crashes with the mesagge rgss playesr stoped working

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

why doesnt it work on windows 8 man i really want to play the game on windows 8

i found something that troubles me the bug catcher in nidopoint woods with the 3 caterpies whenever my chargo levels up against him my game crashes with the mesagge rgss playesr stoped working

yeah, that's because Windows 8 doesn't play the game correctly for some reason, I have no idea why. I'm sorry.

Atomic Reactor

There shouldn't be, but I missed that when I released it. It's been fixed then, just gotta release that in version 3.2 haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back