• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
  • nice man can't wait till your next update will you be showing screenies on how thats going to work out

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Oho so did i give you the idea for the inflatoraft or no. Also liked my teleporters instead of fly or no? I mean you could get the teleporter key in the beginning from the guild. If you are creating guild buildings in every town/city. Mabye the guild could be part of a major rebuildment of everglade project and the teleporter is there first step in help. Good or no.

Waudby

I dont think there will be any big screenshots update until after the demo now.

The raft idea was my idea, the teleport idea hmmm, i'm not sure let me think on that.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Oh ok cool. I could give you a more spread idea on it in pm. Pm me if intrested to here more. Cause well i could also help you expand story and well if what you here is likable and hopefully useful to you lol members shouldnt read right? And I know it sounds stupid of me to give you an expansion to your story when its bigb enough but why not bigger right? The bigger the better no? Also how far in precent have you gon in beta terms?

Waudby

What do you mean by how many percent have i gone?

Also, the teleport system I think would better be called, "fast travel" each town has a point which the player is able to travel to. The fast travel system will take the player to the sign post in each town.

You can use fast travel anywhere outside.

Waudby

Αha cool. I mean like before you where at 85%. Now? Or are you still there?

Ahh right. Well i'd say maybe 90% now. Because I have done most of the NPC work today.

I still have to fix up a few things.

Note to everyone: The battle system which is featured in the demo, is going to be reworked as I'm not happy with it at the moment.

Also: Is there anything that I have mentioned about the game that people have questions with?

I will answer most of them if I can.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well I have a question. Want any ideas from me or no? Also um bug catching game where is it located. Is it towards the middle of the demo or end? Also um I forgot but are gyms in? And if are then optional or no?

Waudby

There are gyms in the game, but more will be revealed about these at a later date.

The bug catching contest is after the 3nd town, after going through Cresent Forest, much like in G/S/C.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Aha ok cool. Also um sorry if you dont take ideas but the pokegear if its a regular old radio//phone/map one mabye you should updated it? I mean i have a guild fit one that would rock.

Waudby

No there wont be attack animations, for one thing, I have no graphics for them and another thing, i'm redoing the battle system.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • YAY! Map packs! Waudby this is truly amazing. and yes I knew it. There is goin to be 2 new regions. Also dont you mean the alpen region which would b based on the alps? Also the new regions if above johto/kanto could they all be conneceted like a 4 way region? Like halfway island could be a in a huge lake/river that takes a boat to a city called tojho square? And from there you first go to kanto and then to johto and finally you reveal that cian wood is really on a huge island connected to the alpen region? Also BOOOOOOOL!

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
    Years
  • Was the poll added recently? If not, I guess I didn't notice it. :P Anyway, I voted on amazing. The game looks great, Waudby! Everything is looking perfect. I'm not going to suggest any items, as I've got a terrible sense of creativity, but I'm sure the others will be able to come up with something cool.
    Oh, about the battle system, I hope you're just changing the coding of it. I personally LOVE that design. It needs to stay! D: Lookin' forward to the demo! I'm sure it'll be amazing, and I can't wait to try out a game made on Sphere for the first time. I've SEEN games being made on Sphere before, but none of them have come close to a beta stage yet (I might be mistaken). All in all, I really love this game!

Waudby

i've just sent a very basic demo off to be tested, then I have to finish the little bits that are left and fix all the bugs that i can and a release will be ready.

It's part walk around demo, part feature demo lol.

Yeah the battle system coding is just changing you shouldn't notice any cosmetic changes now lol.

I've got the fun of sifting through 3000 lines of code and decided what needs to be changed.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Αw you didnt see my comment did you :(
    Oh well.Anyweh thats good. A demo around the corner. Would i need to install sphere to play? Or boom it plays.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    This game sounds awesome. Do i have to download anything else to play the game or would I just have to download the game?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back