• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

I;ll be releasing the sphere engine alongside the game so that you just download one big bundle.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Sounds good *nod*

I'm really impressed by your quick use of Kyledove's Sinnoh Set before anyone else
    could get there hands on them XD I'm really liking everything and judging by your
    screenshots, the scripting is top-notch aswell. Can't wait to see more and even more
    so for the demo ^_^

-- Krimm

Waudby

Okay, as much as people will hate me for doing this, I've postponed the demo a little bit longer.

I'm working on this new battle system and I really want it finished and in the demo so people can really see what it's like.

The new battle system has compressed around 3000 lines, down to near 1000. Everything runs smoother, and it's now easier to handle animations etc, like the pokemon bobbing up and down and what not.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Darn you........ No, just kidding. But I'm sure the demo will be amazing Waudby, I really want to see this new battle system that you are talking about!:D

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I don't mind the delay and I'm sure most people won't Wuadby, so don't worry man.
    I revamped my battle system about 2-3 months ago and it will well worth it, ifor both the players, and for me coding it.

Oh, have you added in the Pokemon bobbling up and down? I only did last week lol.
    Quick question for ya.
    When you say animations, I remember BoodaSack saying Sphere was not really good at handling animations in general. So I know, you said the long term goal is to have attack animations, but how does sphere use them? Like Rm2k3, there is a default animation tab, but like, would you have to do each frame as a single picture for the animation?

Waudby

The animations woul dhave to be a basic image etc, whihc is why it's so difficult to do attack animations.

But I will try my best, it may limit me to just one type of animation per type i.e fire ice etc.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Aha basic. I mean cant you take the basic ice move and then twist it and turn it and then have like 3 or 4 different animations differing 4 the level of power the attack has?

Waudby

I could probably do that quite easily. But for a basic system i'll stick with the one for now and then add more i think.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Aha ok cool. Also another question. Precentage wise how much? I mean the demo. Yes i know im getting annoying. Also the pokegear. IS it goin to be g/s/c like or something completely new wild and crazy?

Waudby

Okay I've decided to release the game in it's current state, I want to make a release, and well, the easiest way to fix bugs is to have players find them.

It shouldn't be too bad of a release. Items are half usuable, but only outside of battle, and only potions, it's not finished yet.

The reason I am releasing it is because I leave to go on holiday on wednesday and wanted it out before then.

So bare in mind, this isn't the demo as I had wanted, but it is still playable.

Please post comments and criticisms(i have a feeling there will be a lot of these). The coding isn't very good for a lot of the scripts and don't even speak to me about optimisation :P

Also, the towns are completely finished, with the first town being the only town that has NPC's in it other than storyline or scripted characters. It's largely unfinished, but it's best I show people something :P

This also features my crappy old battle system that I'm rewriting.

Don't be too harsh on the comments lol.

www.spheredev.org/~waudby/uploads/PokemonOdyssey.rar

Waudby

Okay but beware, this version isn't bug free, the save function is not working at the moment, due to an image saving error.

Please list any bugs you found, and how you came across them, so that I can fix them.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
  • Well, I'll tell you if this thing is a prank or not in about 40 minutes >_>

*stares at ALZip at 7%*

This should be interesting lol. So Waudby, where are you going for Holiday? XD

Waudby

I'm off to Kos, one of the Greek islands.

There have already been some bugs reported on another site that i released this on, these included;

-Not being able to save.
    -Some walls are passable(only because the obstructions that need to go there haven't been scripted yet)
    -You already have the Pokegear before your mother gives it to you.

So another extras please add them to a list.

Archayos

THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T
    Years
  • I really want to play the demo, but I'm getting this weird error when I try to:
    WeirdSphereError.png

Any idea as to what I should do?

Waudby

Hmmm i've never even seen that error before :S

I'm guessing it's something to do with the video drivers.

The only thing I can suggest for people who get this error is to head over to the sphere website and download the latest version of sphere.

I think the video drivers may have been left out of the package.

Waudby

Hmmm these errors have not come up for the people on the sphere forums, If you could reproduce the error, the take a screenshot I can instruct how to fix it.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I tried even opening sphere, then loading your project in it, and doing the test play. I got an error saying:
    "SetDisplayMode() Failed"
    "Could not switch resolutions. Try configuring Sphere to run in window (not full screen)."

Then just trying to click on the Odyssey exe file, I got the same error that was shown in the screenshot above.

I downloaded the newest version of sphere and still no luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back