• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Looking nice. Although I suggest you give the player's overworld a shadow, it looks like it copy and pasted. Especially on the indoors screenshot.

Waudby

Looking nice. Although I suggest you give the player's overworld a shadow, it looks like it copy and pasted. Especially on the indoors screenshot.

Okay thanks for that, I think most sprites miss off the shadow anyway, but i'm going to add it now, shouldn't be too hard to be honest.

Anyone else got any comments? or has support pretty much died now?

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    Okay thanks for that, I think most sprites miss off the shadow anyway, but i'm going to add it now, shouldn't be too hard to be honest.

Anyone else got any comments? or has support pretty much died now?

I'm still here, and supporting you all the way man. ^__^

Oh, yeah, I got my computer back yesterday (FINALLY) I hope to see you on msn soon.

Keep it up man, I'm really excited about your game,
    Captain Arcane

Waudby

Thanks for the support man, It's good to hear from you again. Been too long :P

News on the game, the text box system has been completely rewritten and is now a lot better, it only requires one TextBox function call for any amount of continuous text, which makes things easier for me :D

Update:

Gender Selection:

The way you select a gender has changed :)

It has now taken on the form of the "Touch Screen". Highlight the character you want to be and press the left mouse button.. and as if by magic, you choose that character to play as :P

And what's this... Platinum characters... yes, I have recently updated the game to use the platinum heroes.

Now many people will comment on the reason they were introduce in Platinum due to the colder climate.

This isn't the same in Odyssey, however the area of the region in which the player originates from is significantly colder then many other places. So the clothes are needed.

Here is a video of the gender selection animation;

^ Click to view.

Story Change:

Yes the story has changed. Little detail will be given on this area, however I will say that players will spend more times in towns and cities than in previous games, due to the abundance of things to do in each.

Log Book:

The Journal has been upgraded! Now it's a fully fledged logbook, to keep track of tasks and quests that you have been asked to complete.

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    Cool update. Sounds good. Hopefully you do more with the mouse, I think that would be a really neat way of inputing stuff.
    The video doesn't load for me btw.

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
    Years
    wow love the update waudby looks nice hey and the video doesn't load for me i can't see it.

Waudby

Update:

Pokétch:

WOW! After so long without updates you get two on consecutive days. This time showing off another brand new feature using the mouse :P

A small image editor, which will allow you to draw pictures and save them to your game folder

for a feature that will be shown later......

:P

The embedded video can also be seen in my previous update now.

Last edited:

Waudby

It would be possible to use the mouse for movement, but i'm not going to add it in, it takes away the real pokémon feel.

The Poketch will feature 9 of the standard features from previous games, as well as some new ideas I have come up with.

I'm now finishing the basic version of the naming system, so expect a few screenshots and perhaps another animation video.

This is not the final version as it does not contain the symbols page or some of the punctuation used in the official games. But it will be added if i get the right fonts, would someone be interested in making the font for me, from a resource sheet?

Work in progress shot of the naming system, please note the rest of the symbols etc will be added in on the final version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    \I love this, I can't wait for the final release!!!!

Have you thought about making this a Homebrew DS game?
    It'd also be cool if it was compatible with DP and Pt, but that's asking for alot.

And I have some ideas/requests for you: You can let a pokemon walk outside of it's pokeball behind you, When you surf, the sprite is of the pokemon you're surfing on, not a blob, or generic sprite, and Pokemon can learn up to 8 different moves.

Keep up the Good Work!!!!!

Waudby

Update:

Route 301:

A new naming convention is now in place, the first Route of the game is now, Route 301!

Now i'd like to present that Route to you.

Enjoy;

I edited the snow tiles before anyone asks.

That's right, a snow covered route, ignore Lucas' D/P clothes, I haven't finished updating the spritesets yet, but he will be in platinum atire shortly.

While on the route, there is a Snow System, as I now have a decent weather system.

As of now, i'm stopping any support for the first demo, if it works for you, congratulations, if not, sorry.

That demo is an appauling display of what I want odyssey to be, so hence why the next demo will be completely different, yes this may set times back a little bit, but things are more planned now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2008
    I've been through this site so many times to download hacks only recently I registered at my first post shall go to you yesterday was my first day accually going through the games showcase and I find yours the best by far I support this game all the way I spent all day reading every page in this thread XD I hope you finish soon the demo doesn't work for me -_- but I didn't try the fix its I've seen posted sometime yesterday my internet got cut off yet I still have my Sidekick to keep up on the updates till I have the money to pay my bill and by the way THANK YOU for actually making something worth while to play KUDOS

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
    Years
    Not sure how outdated this is, but I compiled a list of minor grammatical errors and some glitches up to and including the battle with Dawn.

Intro:: Only two periods after "Now"

Room:: On the sign it says "Press Enter to enter the menu." It may be better to rephrase it as "Press Enter to open the menu."

Mom's Talk:: There is a comma missing in the "Oh, [name]!" part.

Professor Uing's Talk:: Near the beginning there is an it's when it should be its. PC is typically capitalized because it is an abbreviation, but it doesn't really matter. "It contains a small piece of the fragment[,] so be careful." You can't talk to Uing again until you pick a Pokemon.

Dawn, after the battle:: She capitalizes both see and ya in her sentence.

Glitches::
    1. If you have the menu open and you press Left/Right, your character begins to move quickly on the screen. The game crashes a bit afterwards.
    2. If you save before taking your Pokemon and load the screen again, it automatically asks you if you want to pick Chikorita.
    3. Doors aren't working quite right, but I'm sure you know that.
    4. The run option in the battle screen doesn't work.

However, the game is still very playable! I really hope this game goes far, and if you need any help, I'll try my best.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back