• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Odyssey

What do you think to thi sgame?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waudby

Houndoom, Oddish, an that other ice pokemon name i do no know at this time is the starters.
    And the sprite style is excellent

Now they're not the starters.

The starters are the johto starters. I was gonna change it, but I like these ones :3

Those Pokémon were put there by Vampire://Krimm who designed it, i really like it.

Waudby

I mean, there's enough work for us to do without trying to find time to scratch sprite fakemon to a good level.

The network system is still being updated, everything has slowed down a bit for xmas but i think that's expected really.

Hauyser

http://hauyser.deviant.com/
    Years
    I signed up to your forum, looking good so far. Keep up the good work.

PS. Give yourself a break and spend time with the family, even if you hate them... I do. -_-

Waudby

this game looks good, are you using D/P Sprites or Platinum?

This depends on what you mean by "sprites", if you mean in battle sprites then it's platinum.

If you mean overworld sprites, then i'm using a mixture of things.

For NPCs it's the standard D/P sprites and for the hero/heroine it's my own designed sprites.

Waudby

This looks fantastic wuadby, I love the desaturated style and the story line is certainly intriguing. Keep up the good work =) And Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the comments, feel free to sign up to my forums, I'll put the link into my sig, and then you can receive the updates a week before the people who just view here at PC.

Waudby

Merry Christmas Everyone~Wednesday, 24/12/08

This is the update from my forums, they receieved this update at the time that is stated on the top. This is for everyone who hasn't seen it.

First of all I'd just like to say to everyone have a nice Christmas and enjoy yourselves as much as you can. I know I will :3

There's been some confusion over at Pokécommunity about these custom characters so this is what the update is about.

Custom Characters:

At the start of the game, players are given the decision of male and female, after this choice, there are shown a completely new screen.. the character generation screen!

Players will be able to select a hair style, a hair colour, and a clothing design for the main character in the game. This character will also be their online avatar. There will be new styles added after the release as downloadable packs.

All sprites are created by the Odyssey Project team.

These are two examples of the possible character designs you can choose from.

At places around the world there will be clothing shops and hair dressers which will allow you change your look...for a price or a favour.

Certain areas of the regions will need certain clothes to be able to traverse across, for instance you will need to wear the winter clothes, accessible from the start, in the snowy places. However you cannot wear these clothes if you go to the beach.

I hope people will like this feature, it's just a small gimic to add to the experience.

Not only will there be shops, there will also be special events that will reward with outfits. For instance, the Champion's Wear, will be rewarded after the Pokémon League is defeated.

This will allow you access into special areas across the Everglade region where you perhaps couldn't get before.

Now I hope this has cleared up a few concerns people had with the new characters.

Region Map:

Okay, I believe I have shown this before, but a few people have said they have never seen this, so I'm also going to (re)release the Everglade region map.

This is the Everglade region, with the southern part of the Alcan region to the top left hand side.

That's all this time, I hope everyone has an excellent Christmas and enjoys themselves.

Until next time :D
    ~Waudby

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
    I think I'm going to join your forum. I taught this was a new update lol. I'm looking forward to seeing how the creation of the custom characters plays out. I'll see ya on your forum :P

Waudby

Last Update of the Year?Tuesday, 30/12/08

Well it's the end of 2008 (nearly), and what a sucessful year it's been for Pokémon Odyssey, since it's creation in April, there has been a lot of fans come from all around the globe. I am really happy to be able to say that my fangame is a popluar view with the Pokémon fans around the world.

I want to wish you all a happy new year and hope you all stick to your new years resolutions :P

Now onto the main reason for the update!

Cresent City:

Cresent City has had a make over.
    And I have to say I'm very impressed at what I created. It's heavily inspired by Jubilife City, and I hope it creates a sense of searching around the locations.

The city features a bicycle shop, however the bike is still unavaible until the Player has helped out the store owner with a few of his problems - namely some stray Rattata.

After the player has helped this citizen in need, he repays you by having the choice of bike. However this is not like the official games and this time, there's more to the bike, I'll explain more.

The owner of this store is still new, and because of that only has dealings with small companys for his bikes. The more you spend in the town and help the economy of Cresent City grow, the better parts for the bikes you will get.

There are 5 planned bikes for the game;

• The Rusty Bike - the first bike the player receives, it's old and used, but at least it still works.
    • The BMX - useful for travelling faster, but no good on mountonous terrain.
    • The Mountain Bike - useful when traversing along mountainsides.
    • Play to find out what this bike is.
    • Play to find out what this bike is.

As you can see, the different bikes have different uses, so you will need to remember which is good for what.

I'd like to thank rhevarhe_duh for the tiles, now onto the screenshots.

Battle System Update:

For those of you who have signed up to the forums (link in my sig) you will have known that I've been updating the battle system once more, to make it more extendable and also to support something that should've really been in from the start...

That's right, double battles have entered the arena for Odyssey. However not just double trainer battles are available, and unlike D/P/Pt you wont have another trainer join you for a battle, you will have control over the whole double battle, but double wild Pokémon battles.

Say you are surfing through a route and you come across a Tentacool and Tentacruel playing together, to stop you from ruining their fun, they both attack you.
    Hopefully this will make the battles more varied as these wild battles will still be random.

And on the battle system front, I have also rescripted how some of it works to better suit it for the online battles, which are still being worked on.

Hopefully you've enjoyed this update. Happy New Year everyone.

Until next time :D
    ~Waudby

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Wow, beautiful, Waudby. Cresent City (which, if you are talking about a "C" shaped moon, should be spelled "crescent"), looks wonderful, although the small building that your player is coming out of is much too saturated, as it is highly noticeable compared to the other buildings. But I'm guessing you did that just to show off the building?

The new battle system, on the other hand, looks perfect, but, obviously, the Pokémon need shadows under them (and it's much more needed if you are taking up Kyledove's style, as he puts shadows under everything).

Good luck with Odyssey, Waudby! It looks like nothing compared to when you first began production on it.

Waudby

Thanks for the comment, yeah I'm now working on the shadows, it's not easy to edit that many files with shadows when you're using all 493 pokémon XD

but I will do it, i'll add them separately i think.

I also agree that this game looks nothing like the original game it used to be way back in april, in nearly a year it has evolved to be a highly respectable game :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back