• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Orange FLame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    I'd be glad if you even finished the starting town...So, is the option of naming the male character available? Or is Richie an unchangeable default name?

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
    I'd be glad if you even finished the starting town...So, is the option of naming the male character available? Or is Richie an unchangeable default name?

Yeah you will be able to name your character. Also i already finished the first three islands, its just some texting i have to do now.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
    Years
    What will the starter Pokemon be? Charmander,Bulbasaur and Squirtle? Or some other Pokemon?

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
    The starter will be Pikachu.

Ok I've been working real hard this weekend on my hack. Mapping, scripting and spriting. I think it's ready for a beta but first i'll have to tweak up some stuff first. Like fixing up some maps and such. Anyway here are some screens:

Pokémon Orange FLame.
    Pokémon Orange FLame.
    Pokémon Orange FLame.

Pokémon Orange FLame.
    Pokémon Orange FLame.

scf

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2015
    I want to see this one actually be completed. Most of the other orange island based ones never are.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
    Years
    Cool nice work dude, if you still need back sprites done for Richie and Pearl i'll give it a try, also I was thinking part of the reploid inc, we could probably do like an oldschool sapphire, you know like Original Pokemon Blue but of Sapphire, and maybe we can work on Thunder Yellow and Orange Flame?

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
    @vavavant: You could help, but i have to see if your any good at maps first. Show me what you can do.

@The Black Hedgehog: Yes i still need the backsprites of them, thanks for helping out. Oh and that idea with the Sapphire sounds good. If we are goin to do that then we'll have to do the pokemon sprites like in blue. I'll think about it. Sure, we can work on Thunder Yellow too. I'll put it in the Current Hacks. Oh and also Welcome to Reploid Inc.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Hey -Sasuke-, if you need help with maps, I could help you out too. I like the new screens too, Nice Richie and Pearl.:)

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
    Don't worry. If I don't have much homework or things to do for the week then I'll work non stop on this. So let me see all i need is two whole days of hacking and the beta would be done. So it all depends on my work load.

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
    I've made a comment on this indirectly before, but now I guess I'll give my opinion.

What you've got here seems excellently planned. The maps don't show much signs of inconsistency. But the issue I'll point out is the character spriting - it does not fit in. The sprites for the main characters are somewhat okay but are also show more pixel compared to sprites in the game. Also, the palette for your mail characters may need a bit of redoing - Richie's hat just isn't good looking in the sprites shown.

Yeah your right. But i'm not a good spriter. Since you know what your talkin about can't you help me out with the sprites?

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
    Dark Lucario I attached the pics for you.

Ok I have some good news and bad. I have a week free starting on the 8th of october. The bad news is that I can't work on it untill then. So the beta will be out during that week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back