• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Oro Sole

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
Years
  • I beleive HackMew (Happy bout the Capitals?) mentioned it would be at the very start? i never knew how truly amasing ASM could get...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    I believe that he means that it can be said in either one.

For example you select English or Italian and it will ask the questions in either language.

Is that correct Hackmew?

Correct.

All right! When do you get to select the language?

I beleive HackMew (Happy bout the Capitals?) mentioned it would be at the very start? i never knew how truly amasing ASM could get...

You can choose the language during the intro: Oak will ask you which language do you speak. However, you can still change it afterwards through a script in player's room.

P.S. About the "happiness"... Would have it been fair if I called you "paranoid", "para noid", "para-noid" or whatever? Oh, well.

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • P.S. About the "happiness"... Would have it been fair if I called you "paranoid", "para noid", "para-noid" or whatever? Oh, well.

Oh right. Sorry then, I didnt really mean any offence.
    So how far are you with the hack itself? Because I think this is one of the first hacks I have ever wanted to play even with FRLG tiles.

How Advanced can ASM get? Can it do things like make extra animations? Because With ASM i suspect that you will be able to maybe make the best hack ever created.. I predict this now... but when it comes true everyone will know, I have a knack for predicting future successes.

Anyway HackMew, I gave more proof for OWs in your team thread.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    gerat to see this hack in action but i suggest u put the old beta ( from the older thread) hope to see this hack complete

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    This is ofcourse, An amasing hack, and that's just from the screens provided, Your use of Graphical hacking and ASM from the very start of the game amases me!

Anyway, I'd like to see some very beautiful tiles in this, i know that since it is Script heavy it probably wont have very custom tiles, but I'd love to see some, otherwise it seems like the ultimately improved version of Fire red but with the sstoryline of GSC.
    Anyway, Good luck.
    I don't think that hackmew is interested in tiles that much, but if he asked a professional tile maker for some awesome tiles, then this hack will feel like its different from nintendo. And hackmew, Good luck with all the asm stuff that i'll never understand..lol

Omega Zero

Is back...
    Years
  • Oh right. Sorry then, I didnt really mean any offence.
    So how far are you with the hack itself? Because I think this is one of the first hacks I have ever wanted to play even with FRLG tiles.

How Advanced can ASM get? Can it do things like make extra animations? Because With ASM i suspect that you will be able to maybe make the best hack ever created.. I predict this now... but when it comes true everyone will know, I have a knack for predicting future successes.

Anyway HackMew, I gave more proof for OWs in your team thread.
    I'm sure that's true can't you make a game from scratch with asm?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • I'm sure that's true can't you make a game from scratch with asm?

Technically yes but there's no reason you would ever do that. It'd be much easier to write a game in a higher-level language, like C, that's easier to write and comprehend.

Hm, I'm getting off-topic here. Everything seems to be progressing quite nicely here. I'm looking forward to seeing some shots of the overworld to see what you have planned for that. Best of luck to you.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Hackmew, youre the man with asm but with screen shots, youre no good at that! lol. Hope for some screenshots, even if they dont tell us anything.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    I actually like the FR/LG default tiles, and all the tiles in Oro Sole will be FR/LG-styled. And that includes custom tiles too. IMHO, FR/LG feature the best 3rd gen graphics, and yeah, I don't see any reason to mix them with R/S/E/D/P/Pt/HG/SS tiles like others do, for example. Thanks anyway.
    I think you should use custom tiles.
    It would make your game look much more amazing.
    Both Shiny Gold and Liquid Crystal have them, although SG started
    with FR tiles.
    Anyway, I think you've hardly done any mapping, judging by screenies and
    videos. Most people usually start by Mapping and scripting, Leaving
    What you're doing for last.
    But I think you should start Mapping, otherwise it will be a while for the alpha.
    But, anyway, it looks great, and I hope to play the alpha soon. :D

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • I think you should use custom tiles.
    with FR tiles.
    But I think you should start Mapping, otherwise it will be a while for the alpha.
    The post that you quoted explains that HackMew will use custom tiles. It's just the style that will remain intact. It seems like his taste is the same as mine; a lot of default tiles, and all custom ones accomodated to the specific tileset. So, in the end, there will be custom tiles.

Quil

Me
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 1, 2010
    Yay, Oro Sole is back :'D I'm posting a bit late about it, but better then never, right?
    I remember from a few years ago when I still was a ROM Raider, it was really awesome to work with you, Andrea. Too bad you are never online at MSN anymore. :/

Judging only from the screens in the open post, I can already tell this hack probably will be the most advanced one ever made. And knowing you, also the best one :'D
    I wish you good luck with the remaking, too bad I can't help. (very personal reasons, otherwise I would have probably tried to get in ROM Raiders again).

~ Quil

Last edited:

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Hackmew, I think that you should some of alistairs tiles or Kyeldove hg/ss tiles. they are really nice and they look 3d!

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
    Years
  • Meh, I'd like to see him keep the FR LG tiles. Johto's gfx in gsc were almost exactly the same as rby is some places, except for minor edits. I always thought johto looked good in FG LG tiles anyways. :P

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Meh, I'd like to see him keep the FR LG tiles. Johto's gfx in gsc were almost exactly the same as rby is some places, except for minor edits. I always thought johto looked good in FG LG tiles anyways. :P
    Im not saying he should change the tiles, Im sayin he should just edit them a bit and make them look better,but thell still be the same frlg tiles with better colors.lol

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • Yeah it kinda pisses me off when people want to see custom tiles(different colored tiles) instead of the original. I don't think there is anything wrong with the default tiles of FR, but yeah of course HackMew needs to add in tiles for certain places but that's as far as that goes.

Nodddy

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    Great job on the music, having different music really gives a sense that it's a new game and not just a hack; I'm glad you've payed attention to that.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011

Things are slowly progressing so far. Not entirely my fault either. But hey, still progressing.
    There's no limit to ASM besides GBA hardware limits.

I don't think that HackMew is interested in tiles that much, but if he asked a professional tile maker for some awesome tiles, then this hack will feel like its different from nintendo. And HackMew, Good luck with all the asm stuff that i'll never understand..lol

Tiles are important just like anything else. However, unlike other people, I'm fine with the FR/LG tiles. That's it. It will look different from Nintendo / Game Freak anyway, considering the features I will be putting in. Don't forget the ones I posted so far are the implemented ones.

Everything seems to be progressing quite nicely here. I'm looking forward to seeing some shots of the overworld to see what you have planned for that. Best of luck to you.

I don't know if I will reveal the overworld so soon, because I'd like sprites and scripts to be done as well, after maps are finished.

HackMew, youre the man with asm but with screen shots, youre no good at that! lol. Hope for some screenshots, even if they dont tell us anything.

Taking screenshots require no skills. Making something worth a screenshot takes more time and effort. Something you haven't realized yet, I guess.

I think you should use custom tiles.
    with FR tiles.

I never talked about an alpha. And mapping is going good, actually.

I think you missed my post where I nicely asked everyone not to bring off-topic the thread talking about Shiny Gold, or Liquid Crystal or whatever. They have custom tiles? Fine. I have too.

Pokémon Oro Sole

The post that you quoted explains that HackMew will use custom tiles. It's just the style that will remain intact. It seems like his taste is the same as mine; a lot of default tiles, and all custom ones accomodated to the specific tileset. So, in the end, there will be custom tiles.

Exactly. Nice to see someone who understands.

Judging only from the screens in the open post, I can already tell this hack probably will be the most advanced one ever made. And knowing you, also the best one :'D
    I wish you good luck with the remaking, too bad I can't help. (very personal reasons, otherwise I would have probably tried to get in ROM Raiders again).

~ Quil

Eh eh, thanks :)

HackMew, I think that you should some of alistairs tiles or Kyeldove hg/ss tiles. they are really nice and they look 3d!

I won't be ever using anything like that. They just look awful to me. Well, I have to admit those tiles are still better than the almost-3D ones you have in the original games.

Meh, I'd like to see him keep the FR LG tiles. Johto's gfx in gsc were almost exactly the same as rby is some places, except for minor edits. I always thought johto looked good in FG LG tiles anyways. :P

Don't worry, I'm not going to change the tile style anytime soon.

Im not saying he should change the tiles, Im sayin he should just edit them a bit and make them look better,but thell still be the same frlg tiles with better colors.lol

On that matter, I will be editing the palettes anyway.

Yeah it kinda pisses me off when people want to see custom tiles(different colored tiles) instead of the original. I don't think there is anything wrong with the default tiles of FR, but yeah of course HackMew needs to add in tiles for certain places but that's as far as that goes.

Well, since this is my hack basically, I don't care that much what other people want. All they can give are suggestions and criticisms.

Great job on the music, having different music really gives a sense that it's a new game and not just a hack; I'm glad you've payed attention to that.

Thank you.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    HackMew, you're honestly one of the greatest hackers I've ever seen. I wish I knew how to ASM and script as well as you do. The music sounds great, I love the fact that you can switch languages. I've played Gold in English enough times. I may not speak Italian, but I'm looking forward to playing in another language that isn't English or Japanese.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    HackMew, you're honestly one of the greatest hackers I've ever seen. I wish I knew how to ASM and script as well as you do. The music sounds great, I love the fact that you can switch languages. I've played Gold in English enough times. I may not speak Italian, but I'm looking forward to playing in another language that isn't English or Japanese.

Thank you. If you want to see the Italian title screen, you can go here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back