• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon: Peridot Version (Version 1 Available August 16)

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2020
    I would like to know if the evolution of S´MOLA (manbou) is available in the most current version of the game?

great game, i'm having a lot of fun :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Apologies for the extended period of silence. I have been more focused on polishing up this release than I have been checking this thread. Development has been slower than I would have liked as well due to a number of factors- most importantly I'm trying my best not to become burnt out on this project. Anyway, Demo 2 is now ready. This demo features 2 more gyms, new graphics for the player characters, more Pokemon to encounter, a handful of story events, and some new hidden areas to the existing maps. More information can be seen in the OP.
    Please patch from a clean Crystal Rev A ROM, do not patch your existing Peridot ROM. Existing save files will be compatible, although you may be prompted to reset the clock upon starting up Demo 2.
    Please save in the ground floor of a Pokemon Center before attempting to update to Demo 2. Avoid speaking to any NPCs before exiting as well.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I need help with the cave near the Machop's Den. If you do not have the Strength HM, you could lock yourself causing a Game Over. Don't jump over the ledge. I did that one time and start the whole game over!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    I need help with the cave near the Machop's Den. If you do not have the Strength HM, you could lock yourself causing a Game Over. Don't jump over the ledge. I did that one time and start the whole game over!!!
    Are you talking about the area pictured here?
    Spoiler:

I intended for that area to be a point of no return until you explore and pick up the Strength TM, which is found in the basement of that cave. You can't access that ledge without Rock Smash. While I thought every Pokemon that could learn Rock Smash also got Strength, I missed Ariados, Articuno, and Beedrill.
    Nevertheless, I have fixed those now, thanks for letting me know about a potential softlock. Apply this patch if you were stuck with just an Ariados or Beedrill in your party.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Um, excuse me, there is that one trainer that causes the game to freeze. It's that trainer in Ilex Forest that requires cut...

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Um, excuse me, there is that one trainer that causes the game to freeze. It's that trainer in Ilex Forest that requires cut...

yeah I saw that too, theres also a gatekeeper who continuously loops dialogue effectively freezing the game and theres a overworld rhydon in the town with gym six during the power plant event who also crashes the game. Hopefully these are fixed soon

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Demo v2.02 is up, fixing the issues brought up tonight. Hopefully I haven't missed any more.
    How do I evolve scyther in this?
    Level up while holding a Metal Coat. Every Pokemon that normally evolves while holding an item in a trade now evolves by holding an item while levelling up. Pokemon that previously evolved just by trading now evolve at max friendship.
    theres also a gatekeeper who continuously loops dialogue effectively freezing the game
    Can you be more specific? I only found the gate connecting Staghorn Town to Route 18 caused a glitched out effect on the screen after talking to the officer. While this didn't freeze the game (you could have just opened up the menu and everything would have returned to normal), it was unintentional and I fixed it regardless.
    It was just me testing this most recent demo, so I apologize for anything I missed or overlooked.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    yeah that was the issue I coudnt remember where it was exactly. I should have figured something was off since the guard was facing the wrong direction given the orientation of the house itself to the road.

Back