• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon: Peridot Version (Version 1 Available August 16)

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    theres a game breaking bug in Hepatica Town where if you try to enter the pokemart, the game freezes and doesnt respond.
    Good catch! I forgot to update the list of background events for that town; I recently added a sign to it. That messed up all of the NPC sprites, so that script wasn't playing out properly.
    Here's an updated patch. I'll also put it in the OP.
    This also includes a bugfix for the AI behavior, explained here.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I just started playing and my lord, I love how you did Professor Maple's introduction! Very immersive my dude! I really can't wait to see this completed. We need more Gameboy color ROM Hacks!

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2024
    It was actually quite easy. I used the "BattleCommand_CheckFaint" function that was originally meant for Destiny Bond. If it returns complete, the game skips setting the flag for recharging the following turn.
    Here's my function for it. It was one of the first things I wrote for the game.
    Thank you for sharing! Seeing two-line fixes is always lovely. I'll have a swimmer with a bunch of tree like grass types in your honor :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Thank you for sharing! Seeing two-line fixes is always lovely. I'll have a swimmer with a bunch of tree like grass types in your honor :)
    I noticed a small bug with my implementation. I got rid of the move Beat Up, and all references to it. BattleCommand_CheckFaint originally checked for EFFECT_BEAT_UP at the end of the .no_dbond subroutine. For some reason would not return complete if EFFECT_BEAT_UP was missing.
    Anyway, I fixed it in the dev branch of the github repo, it's not worth making a whole new patch for at the moment. Just keep that in mind for your own project.
    Will you use all of the Spaceworld '97 Demo's Pokemons or just some of them?
    Only a few. It was already difficult choosing which Pokemon would be removed. My count may be wrong, but there's 19 unused Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2022
    Are the Apricorn trees and Pokeballs included, and did you fix all of the catch rate glitches? Also, if you may could you add a diurnal, nocturnal or crepuscular indicator in the Pokedex? Another one, I think 2x Attack and Special Attack on Raichu is too much, I know you want to make it fair with Cubone and Marowak but this one raises two stats not one. I suggest making it 1.6x at most.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    Are the Apricorn trees and Pokeballs included, and did you fix all of the catch rate glitches? Also, if you may could you add a diurnal, nocturnal or crepuscular indicator in the Pokedex? Another one, I think 2x Attack and Special Attack on Raichu is too much, I know you want to make it fair with Cubone and Marowak but this one raises two stats not one. I suggest making it 1.6x at most.
    Apricorns are effectively removed, the apricorn balls will be available from various NPCs after completing certain goals. One of which is available in the demo already. All of the apricorn balls should be functioning properly as well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2022
    Can you add gorochu

Probably not, because if Raichu get the effects of Light Ball then Gorochu would too, That would be too OP don't you think. Also, Sea_Tree, is the HP DV indeterminant on Atk and Def DV now? I'm quite the cheater.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2021
    hi i just finish 4 GYM
    i dont know where i should go next
    where i can found SURF

can some one help me pls

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2022
    So, the final event is the Thief cult at Hepatica Town? Guess I have finished the Demo then. This game is really cool.

Back