• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2022
Hey. been playin the hack on citra. Loving it. Decided to try and get it for 3ds. Went smoothly with the install besides updating. Whenever I update it will revert all pokemon route changes to base game but shop wont crash. But if I dont update route and trainer changes are applied but the shop crashes. Is there anyway to fix this?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey. been playin the hack on citra. Loving it. Decided to try and get it for 3ds. Went smoothly with the install besides updating. Whenever I update it will revert all pokemon route changes to base game but shop wont crash. But if I dont update route and trainer changes are applied but the shop crashes. Is there anyway to fix this?
Hey, did you install the hack via luma's game patching system or use a cia file? I can't find any problems with the hacks' files, so everything should be working. If you're using a cia file of the hack I'd suggest using luma instead, or if you're already using luma, try reinstalling the hack. If that doesn't work let me know and we can try something else to get this working for you.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2022
Hey, did you install the hack via luma's game patching system or use a cia file? I can't find any problems with the hacks' files, so everything should be working. If you're using a cia file of the hack I'd suggest using luma instead, or if you're already using luma, try reinstalling the hack. If that doesn't work let me know and we can try something else to get this working for you.

Reinstalling didn't seem to fix it. :/

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Reinstalling didn't seem to fix it. :/
Which version are you playing? Probably should have asked sooner, could still be something on my end. It's really weird that the update is affecting wild Pokemon though, that shouldn't be possible as it doesn't contain a replacement wild encounters file.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2022
Which version are you playing? Probably should have asked sooner, could still be something on my end. It's really weird that the update is affecting wild Pokemon though, that shouldn't be possible as it doesn't contain a replacement wild encounters file.

If you mean ultra sun i'm on the 1.2 update (the one which allows the shop but nullifies the save) and for luma im on the latest version of it

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 29, 2022
I already have been playing the 1.34 rebalanced version, but i can't buy anything in the shop, the game just crashes. How do i update it to the 1.35 version??

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
If you mean ultra sun i'm on the 1.2 update (the one which allows the shop but nullifies the save) and for luma im on the latest version of it
I meant which version of the hack (standard or rebalanced, Sun or Moon). I know you're playing Sun now of course, but knowing which version of it will make finding problems much easier for me. Sorry for not clarifying that sooner!

I already have been playing the 1.34 rebalanced version, but i can't buy anything in the shop, the game just crashes. How do i update it to the 1.35 version??
Is this happening in Sun or Moon? Updating should be as simple as copying the newer version to your SD card and letting it overwrite the old files, but it seems there may be some problems with some of the current files.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2022
I meant which version of the hack (standard or rebalanced, Sun or Moon). I know you're playing Sun now of course, but knowing which version of it will make finding problems much easier for me. Sorry for not clarifying that sooner!

Is this happening in Sun or Moon? Updating should be as simple as copying the newer version to your SD card and letting it overwrite the old files, but it seems there may be some problems with some of the current files.

Oh! Mb. Im on rebalanced version

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 29, 2022
I already updated it but it just crashes anytime i try to buy something anywhere

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Oh! Mb. Im on rebalanced version
Hey, I still can't replicate this issue. Are you using a clean Ultra Sun ROM and the official update (preferably downloaded normally using the 3DS)? Maybe there's an issue with the ROM dump or update you're using. It's hard to say because this shouldn't be happening at all, the update has no effect on trainers or wild Pokemon.
I already updated it but it just crashes anytime i try to buy something anywhere
By ready rom you mean a premade version of the ROM hack yeah? Did it also come with a patched version of the game update like it's supposed to? If not, that's why the shop isn't working. Without the modified update the hack won't work on Citra.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2022
Hey, I still can't replicate this issue. Are you using a clean Ultra Sun ROM and the official update (preferably downloaded normally using the 3DS)? Maybe there's an issue with the ROM dump or update you're using. It's hard to say because this shouldn't be happening at all, the update has no effect on trainers or wild Pokemon.

By ready rom you mean a premade version of the ROM hack yeah? Did it also come with a patched version of the game update like it's supposed to? If not, that's why the shop isn't working. Without the modified update the hack won't work on Citra.

I am using a clean rom. Could it be my CFW?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
I am using a clean rom. Could it be my CFW?
Yeah, try updating your CFW. Luma's latest release says it fixes LayeredFS, which is what makes the hack work, so that's almost definitely the problem. If it still doesn't work you could try reverting to version 9.1 until it gets fixed.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2022
Yeah, try updating your CFW. Luma's latest release says it fixes LayeredFS, which is what makes the hack work, so that's almost definitely the problem. If it still doesn't work you could try reverting to version 9.1 until it gets fixed.

That was the problem! Thanks for the help its working now

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 16, 2019
Hey Buffel. Thanks for all the work! I was able to get everything installed but when i attempt to load the rom w/ citra, it just loads to a black screen. No indication that it's actually doing anything after initial load. Bad ultra sun rom to use as a starter? Bad 1.2 patch file? My citra is showing that my ultra sun is "Version 1.2." Not really sure what else to try. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey Buffel. Thanks for all the work! I was able to get everything installed but when i attempt to load the rom w/ citra, it just loads to a black screen. No indication that it's actually doing anything after initial load. Bad ultra sun rom to use as a starter? Bad 1.2 patch file? My citra is showing that my ultra sun is "Version 1.2." Not really sure what else to try. Any ideas?
Hey, have you tested it without the update? Could be an issue with the 1.2 patch's code.bin, that's what usually causes a black screen like that. If you can see the modified intro text without the update the rest of the ROM is probably working.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 16, 2019
Okay, so I was able to get the game working, but now I'm noticing an odd problem. It looks like the Pokemon encounter tables that you created aren't the ones being used? Using Route 1 as an example, The first "grass 1" has whats expected, but also some buneary. All the other tall grass areas are just full of buneary and don't match your pokemon location pdf. Any ideas on this one? Fix one issue, to replace it with another. haha.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Okay, so I was able to get the game working, but now I'm noticing an odd problem. It looks like the Pokemon encounter tables that you created aren't the ones being used? Using Route 1 as an example, The first "grass 1" has whats expected, but also some buneary. All the other tall grass areas are just full of buneary and don't match your pokemon location pdf. Any ideas on this one? Fix one issue, to replace it with another. haha.
Did you use a prebuilt ROM by any chance? There's one going around with a corrupted wild Pokemon file, so it could be that if so. Either way I'd suggest you replace the wild Pokemon file with a fresh one and see if that helps. If you're not sure how to do that the easiest method is to follow the citra install guide included with the hack, that'll fix any other broken files too.

Back