• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2020
    Hey loving Photonic Sun on Citra Android.
    Question: is it not possible to complete the Alola dex with just one game? Such as this from your documents: *Stakataka will appear in Photonic Sun, while Blacephalon will appear in Prismatic Moon.

Also some pokemon like #638, 639 and 640 are not in documents. Not sure where to find them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey loving Photonic Sun on Citra Android.
    Question: is it not possible to complete the Alola dex with just one game? Such as this from your documents: *Stakataka will appear in Photonic Sun, while Blacephalon will appear in Prismatic Moon.

Also some pokemon like #638, 639 and 640 are not in documents. Not sure where to find them.
    Hey, happy to hear you're enjoying the hack!
    The Stakataka and Blacephalon in those encounters aren't usually available in their respective versions; you can catch Stakataka in Ultra Moon and Blacephalon in Ultra Sun as part of a post game event, so you can get both in each version and complete the Alola dex.

Any legendary Pokemon not listed in the documents are available in the Ultra Wormhole, as in the vanilla games. They're mostly unchanged apart from their level, though a few of them will have event exclusive moves (e.g. Entei with Flare Blitz). I didn't bother documenting them as their locations are unchanged, but I suppose I should at least mention that in the documents.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2020
    Oh thanks ! Btw, is there a way to add national dex with pk3ds ? Or with another way ?

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2020
    Hi Buffel! Was wondering. I'm using your Hack currently. Installed it according to the instructions provided without a hitch. Now my problem: The hack provides us with documentation of the Rebalanced(which I'm using). It states that most pokemon have their stats and abilities changed. In-game, my specific type of Pokemon should have a higher sp.atk than atk(Pidgey Brave nature) but upon using PKHex, it still states that the base stats for the Pidgey is still 45 - atk, and 35 - sp.atk despite the fact that the hack should have it the other way around. The 1st ability is also still Keen Eye instead of No Guard. I tried with the other pokemon with stat changes but still the stat rebalancing in your hack doesn't seem to be imprinted in-game. I'm wondering if you have anyone else having this problem?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Hi Buffel! Was wondering. I'm using your Hack currently. Installed it according to the instructions provided without a hitch. Now my problem: The hack provides us with documentation of the Rebalanced(which I'm using). It states that most pokemon have their stats and abilities changed. In-game, my specific type of Pokemon should have a higher sp.atk than atk(Pidgey Brave nature) but upon using PKHex, it still states that the base stats for the Pidgey is still 45 - atk, and 35 - sp.atk despite the fact that the hack should have it the other way around. The 1st ability is also still Keen Eye instead of No Guard. I tried with the other pokemon with stat changes but still the stat rebalancing in your hack doesn't seem to be imprinted in-game. I'm wondering if you have anyone else having this problem?

Pokemon's stats that you see on the summary screen aren't stored per se. IVs, EVs, nature etc. are stored, then the game uses them and base stats to calculate the proper stats. While the hack does change the base stats and calculate the final ones with them, PKHeX uses vanilla ones (unless you modify PKHeX itself). This is the most noticeable if you catch a Buneary and evolve it. It will be Normal/Fighting in the hack, but PKHeX will say that it's pure Normal.
    As for the ability issue, did you catch that Pidgey after installing the hack?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    TheZipBon summed up the issue nicely, but it's also worth mentioning that you can rename PKHeX to PKHaX to enable illegal mode, which will allow you to set the rebalanced abilities for your Pokemon. Changing a Pokemon's ability slot in PKHeX and then evolving it in game will also cause it to gain its modified ability.

If it's not working in game that could mean there's a problem with the hack's files or it isn't installed correctly.

I do get asked this fairly often, so I guess it'd be worth making a modified PKHeX that works with the hack.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Good night sir, i'm really like your pokemon prismatic moon so much. I played your hack almost in my rest day, but i want ask you about your document. In your wild encounter you typed that i can find cherubi under berry pile at route 2's berry tree, i want ask can i find it using run method? In other way when i meet crabrawler i run till i meet cherubi? Because i always met crabrawler all the time. Thank you for your attention, good night

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Good night sir, i'm really like your pokemon prismatic moon so much. I played your hack almost in my rest day, but i want ask you about your document. In your wild encounter you typed that i can find cherubi under berry pile at route 2's berry tree, i want ask can i find it using run method? In other way when i meet crabrawler i run till i meet cherubi? Because i always met crabrawler all the time. Thank you for your attention, good night
    Hey, I don't know exactly how berry piles work; it's possible the Pokemon in the pile is determined when the pile spawns, so just running from the Crabrawler won't spawn a Cherubi. You might be able to reset the game after interacting with the pile until it spawns a Cherubi, but I can't guarantee that will work.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Hey, I don't know exactly how berry piles work; it's possible the Pokemon in the pile is determined when the pile spawns, so just running from the Crabrawler won't spawn a Cherubi. You might be able to reset the game after interacting with the pile until it spawns a Cherubi, but I can't guarantee that will work.

Oh thank you sir for your respond, i guess the only way is using saving and reset system right or maybe just go out and the go in to that area again. One question again sir, does burmy exist in grass encounter because in your document burmy only can be find at berry tree

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Oh thank you sir for your respond, i guess the only way is using saving and reset system right or maybe just go out and the go in to that area again. One question again sir, does burmy exist in grass encounter because in your document burmy only can be find at berry tree
    Yeah I think resetting the game is the best option, I don't know if leaving the area changes the encounter (might be worth testing though). IIRC Burmy can only be found in berry trees, if that's what the documents say that's probably the case.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Yeah I think resetting the game is the best option, I don't know if leaving the area changes the encounter (might be worth testing though). IIRC Burmy can only be found in berry trees, if that's what the documents say that's probably the case.

ok i will try to hunt these pokemon, wish me luck sir, hahaha. Thanks for your help i really appreciate it sir

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    So I just got a Liquid Voice Brionne that I'm likely to put on my team and I was wondering if there's any way that Primarina with that ability could be made any more viable. Maybe Boomburst? I mean it seems a bit excessive but STAB Boomburst would at least give Liquid Voice some use. Running into a Sharpedo also made me realize, it might be helpful to give it Strong Jaw as a standard ability in addition to Rough Skin, unless Speed Boost has already been made into one.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi! Im currently hunting shiny pokemons on wormholes and I wondered how are coded legendaries from the other game. Because I'm currently playing Prismatic Moon and I found a Latios, which is a Ultra Sun exclusive. So my question is: Latios will be shiny immediately after you enter the world like the Pokemon he substituted? You can't soft reset like the proper legendaries from Ultra Moon because he is in another category right?

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Hi! Im currently hunting shiny pokemons on wormholes and I wondered how are coded legendaries from the other game. Because I'm currently playing Prismatic Moon and I found a Latios, which is a Ultra Sun exclusive. So my question is: Latios will be shiny immediately after you enter the world like the Pokemon he substituted? You can't soft reset like the proper legendaries from Ultra Moon because he is in another category right?

I can confirm this, yes. In a previous playthrough that's how I got a shiny Yveltal.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So I just got a Liquid Voice Brionne that I'm likely to put on my team and I was wondering if there's any way that Primarina with that ability could be made any more viable. Maybe Boomburst? I mean it seems a bit excessive but STAB Boomburst would at least give Liquid Voice some use. Running into a Sharpedo also made me realize, it might be helpful to give it Strong Jaw as a standard ability in addition to Rough Skin, unless Speed Boost has already been made into one.
    Yeah it definitely needs something, but Boomburst kinda destroys everything (e.g. 252+ SpA Choice Specs Liquid Voice Primarina Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Rain: 424-501 (59.3 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery). Unfortunately I haven't been able to come up with anything to give it that improves the ability without breaking it.

Strong Jaw Sharpedo is a good idea though, it'd be much better than Rough Skin at least.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Rough Skin is a nightmare for Sash users lol. I'll be relieved and sad at the same time if that is removed

Back