• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2022
    When using pkhex im getting the vanilla base stats for pokemon with modified base stats is this normal or did modified base stats get reset?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    also do u have a discord server
    Not at the moment, maybe one day!
    When using pkhex im getting the vanilla base stats for pokemon with modified base stats is this normal or did modified base stats get reset?
    That's normal. Base stats are stored in the ROM and not the save file, so pkhex gets them from its own copy of the stats file (which doesn't have the hack's changes of course). The game will recalculate stats to match the modified bases once you deposit the edited Pokemon into the PC.

Ahmad Adnan

Unknown Elite
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    can you give me the latest patched version in which you have made changes to raichu

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    can you give me the latest patched version in which you have made changes to raichu
    Sorry I can't do that just yet. Those changes will be in the next update, which won't be for a while. I'm currently working on another hack so I'm only updating this one with bug fixes for now.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Question for you, Buffel:

Will you post any in-progress images of your next hack, maybe on some sort of social media like Twitter or something? It would be nice to occasionally see what you're doing with the hack,

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Question for you, Buffel:

Will you post any in-progress images of your next hack, maybe on some sort of social media like Twitter or something? It would be nice to occasionally see what you're doing with the hack,
    I wasn't planning to but sure, I could do that. There's not much new stuff I can show right now as I'm working on fodder trainers, and they don't make for very good screenshots. I'll sort something out soon though!

In the meantime, the hack's open source so you can see what I've been working on in the commit history if that's of any interest: https://github.com/BuffelSaft/pokeemerald/commits?author=BuffelSaft

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Okay, I got a couple suggestions that I wanna post, since I had them for a while now:

- Move Max Potions and Full Restores (maybe even Hyper Potions but not sure about that) to be available one trial earlier than they currently are. Currently, once you reach the later points, your healing items have a hard time keeping up with the quickly increasing HP that the mons get, due to the very high levels that they will end up at, and for a pretty long while, you're stuck with only Hyper Potions to heal your Pokemon up, which may not even heal them fully, forcing you to waste more resources. Moving Max Potions to be at an earlier point could help this problem, and so that you still get something after clearing your sixth trial, moving Full Restores to be available by then won't do much harm by that point.

- Replace Ghetsis' Bisharp or one of his other Pokemon with a Genesect. Considering that Genesect is a Pokemon created by Team Plasma, it would make sense for its leader to have it in his team, and it would also make sense for Ghetsis to have it as a backup against Giovanni and his Mewtwo, since I imagine he would end up trying to take over Team RR after Giovanni stopped being useful to him. And as for game wise, it would be a fitting challenge for the penultimate boss trainer of the episode to have a trick up his sleeve.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    Okay, I got a couple suggestions that I wanna post, since I had them for a while now:

- Move Max Potions and Full Restores (maybe even Hyper Potions but not sure about that) to be available one trial earlier than they currently are. Currently, once you reach the later points, your healing items have a hard time keeping up with the quickly increasing HP that the mons get, due to the very high levels that they will end up at, and for a pretty long while, you're stuck with only Hyper Potions to heal your Pokemon up, which may not even heal them fully, forcing you to waste more resources. Moving Max Potions to be at an earlier point could help this problem, and so that you still get something after clearing your sixth trial, moving Full Restores to be available by then won't do much harm by that point.

- Replace Ghetsis' Bisharp or one of his other Pokemon with a Genesect. Considering that Genesect is a Pokemon created by Team Plasma, it would make sense for its leader to have it in his team, and it would also make sense for Ghetsis to have it as a backup against Giovanni and his Mewtwo, since I imagine he would end up trying to take over Team RR after Giovanni stopped being useful to him. And as for game wise, it would be a fitting challenge for the penultimate boss trainer of the episode to have a trick up his sleeve.

Genesect always strikes me as something Colress would use, rather than Ghetsis. It seems to br a valid point, though. About the taking over part, however, I feel Ghetsis ideas are pretty explicitly shown to be "the one pulling the strings from the shadows", and, as such, he'd actually want to be the "second in command", no matter who the the actual figurehead is. I mean, I can relate. Actually leading something takes a lot of energy. Imagine having to deal with the conflicting egos of so many team bosses. Ghetsis isn't particularly good at public relations, I'd say, which reflects on his quite religious use of N in B/W.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024

Yeah I noticed that too, it's a bit of a pain having to use multiple potions every time you need to heal. I can't add items to marts though (only replace them), so the easier fix for that would be to revert Game freak's Hyper Potion nerf. I'll keep the Genesect suggestion in mind if I ever update the trainers again!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    About the taking over part, however, I feel Ghetsis ideas are pretty explicitly shown to be "the one pulling the strings from the shadows", and, as such, he'd actually want to be the "second in command", no matter who the the actual figurehead is. I mean, I can relate. Actually leading something takes a lot of energy. Imagine having to deal with the conflicting egos of so many team bosses. Ghetsis isn't particularly good at public relations, I'd say, which reflects on his quite religious use of N in B/W.

Well, the thing with that is that Ghetsis has already technically taken over Team Plasma in US/UM, considering that he has N's Reshiram/Zekrom, he speaks of dealing with N during Episode RR (or at least from what I can remember he does), and that back in B/W1, his team was designed to potentially counter each one of N's Pokemon in his final team, with his Hydreigon in particular countering all his Pokemon. And if he did this before, what would stop him from doing it again with Giovanni?

As for the Colress thing, considering that the Genesect event is also in B/W1, which are the games that US/UM Ghetsis is based off of, it could mean that he has access to it. But then again I don't think we know if Colress was working with TP in B/W1, just at a lower position or in the shadows.

Years
  • I find it only fitting that Giovanni himself would chime in on the whole Ghetsis thing, funny.
    So, I stated a fair while back I was attempting a living dex of this game, and I still am, albeit progress being slow. The recent update to Citra allowing me to update the hack from Citra directly has made things much easier, but I've run into a theoretical problem. As you can imagine, there are in fact some mons I think I can only acquire one of. These include Type: Null, who would eventually evolve into Silvally, and is unbreedable, as well as having a copy of Cosmog, Cosmoem, and both Solgaleo and Lunala. There are others most likely, I just can't think of them at the moment. For those I mentioned however, is there a way apart from trading for them that I can acquire them each? Or am I out of luck on that? I also wonder what happens if you visit an Ultra area if you've already caught the specific legendary that appears there. Do other mons appear after that?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I find it only fitting that Giovanni himself would chime in on the whole Ghetsis thing, funny.
    So, I stated a fair while back I was attempting a living dex of this game, and I still am, albeit progress being slow. The recent update to Citra allowing me to update the hack from Citra directly has made things much easier, but I've run into a theoretical problem. As you can imagine, there are in fact some mons I think I can only acquire one of. These include Type: Null, who would eventually evolve into Silvally, and is unbreedable, as well as having a copy of Cosmog, Cosmoem, and both Solgaleo and Lunala. There are others most likely, I just can't think of them at the moment. For those I mentioned however, is there a way apart from trading for them that I can acquire them each? Or am I out of luck on that? I also wonder what happens if you visit an Ultra area if you've already caught the specific legendary that appears there. Do other mons appear after that?

Unfortunately Type: Null is still a one-time gift and you only get one Cosmog and Poipole (I think that's the only other ultra beast/legendary that evolves?), so you'd have to trade or cheat to get more. As for the wormhole legendaries, the ones that normally appear in vanilla still work the same way in the hack; IIRC they don't appear again once caught. The ones added by the hack (i.e. the ones from the opposite version) should just spawn infinitely like the regular Pokemon they replaced.

Years
  • Unfortunately Type: Null is still a one-time gift and you only get one Cosmog and Poipole (I think that's the only other ultra beast/legendary that evolves?), so you'd have to trade or cheat to get more. As for the wormhole legendaries, the ones that normally appear in vanilla still work the same way in the hack; IIRC they don't appear again once caught. The ones added by the hack (i.e. the ones from the opposite version) should just spawn infinitely like the regular Pokemon they replaced.
    Darn, that's a shame. Guess I'll look for people who want to trade those on Citra lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Hi hey hello, it's me again, and after doing a complete playthrough of the rom hack again, I had to do one more balance suggestion, because of a certain web spitting bug, along with a second suggestion for an underappreciated move:

- Nerf Toxic Thread to reduce the target's Defense and Special Defense by -1 instead of -2. I ended up finding out that Ariados is kinda ridiculous in the rom hack, and most of that comes from this one move. Considering that it's a -2 for Defense, Special Defense and Speed on top of poisoning the target synergizes unbelievably well with Ariados: it lower's the target's defense to make its normally good attack stat ridiculous, the speed lowering helps it potentially outspeed its target, and the poison helps out in the activation of Merciless, making its damage skyrocket even more, and even if it doesn't get the kill, the move cripples the target weak enough for its team members to easily take it down. It even works on Steel types, so add that on (they won't get poisoned, but the stat debuffs still apply). All of that makes Ariados ridiculously good (hell, it even ended up single-handedly taking out Ultra Necrozma on my playthrough). And honestly, for an early-game bug, that sorta power is unbelievable. Nerfing the defense debuffs to -1 would still be strong, but it wouldn't be completely broken (or at least I think so).

- For the second change, add Night Daze to a couple more Pokemon's movesets. Since the move is no longer exclusive to Zoroark (Lunala gets it as well), it wouldn't hurt to give the move to a couple more Pokemon. And if it ends up being too similar to Dark Pulse, you could always change the move to be more unique. A personal idea was to skyrocket its base power to 140, but make it more of a Dark type version of Draco Meteor, with Night Daze in particular nerfing the user's Accuracy rather than Special Attack. But again, that's only my idea, though I still think it would be nice to see more Pokemon get to use this rather forgotten move.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi hey hello, it's me again, and after doing a complete playthrough of the rom hack again, I had to do one more balance suggestion, because of a certain web spitting bug, along with a second suggestion for an underappreciated move:

- Nerf Toxic Thread to reduce the target's Defense and Special Defense by -1 instead of -2. I ended up finding out that Ariados is kinda ridiculous in the rom hack, and most of that comes from this one move. Considering that it's a -2 for Defense, Special Defense and Speed on top of poisoning the target synergizes unbelievably well with Ariados: it lower's the target's defense to make its normally good attack stat ridiculous, the speed lowering helps it potentially outspeed its target, and the poison helps out in the activation of Merciless, making its damage skyrocket even more, and even if it doesn't get the kill, the move cripples the target weak enough for its team members to easily take it down. It even works on Steel types, so add that on (they won't get poisoned, but the stat debuffs still apply). All of that makes Ariados ridiculously good (hell, it even ended up single-handedly taking out Ultra Necrozma on my playthrough). And honestly, for an early-game bug, that sorta power is unbelievable. Nerfing the defense debuffs to -1 would still be strong, but it wouldn't be completely broken (or at least I think so).

- For the second change, add Night Daze to a couple more Pokemon's movesets. Since the move is no longer exclusive to Zoroark (Lunala gets it as well), it wouldn't hurt to give the move to a couple more Pokemon. And if it ends up being too similar to Dark Pulse, you could always change the move to be more unique. A personal idea was to skyrocket its base power to 140, but make it more of a Dark type version of Draco Meteor, with Night Daze in particular nerfing the user's Accuracy rather than Special Attack. But again, that's only my idea, though I still think it would be nice to see more Pokemon get to use this rather forgotten move.

Hey!

Haha, I think that might be the first nerf request for something other than an opponent! I agree that Toxic Thread is very strong, but its major drawback is that unlike setup moves, it has to be reused on every target. You can get similar damage output from Alolan Marowak, but it only has to use Swords Dance once, and can then keep putting out that damage every turn until it faints:
    +2 252 Atk Thick Club Marowak-Alola Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Hippowdon: 364-429 (86.6 - 102.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
    252 Atk Ariados Megahorn vs. -2 252 HP / 248+ Def Hippowdon on a critical hit: 337-397 (80.2 - 94.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after poison damage
    It is a lot of power for an early game bug, but it has to wait until level 54 to get Toxic Thread, so I think that's a good way to keep it useful later in the game when its early evolution doesn't matter anymore.

I do like that Night Daze idea, it's a unique effect and it'd fit on most nocturnal Pokemon. Always thought it was weird that GF gave Zoroark a signature move too, kinda defeats the whole point of Illusion.

Back