• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hey Buffel! I was wondering, how much work would it take to implement the exp candies and nature mints from SWSH? If it's possible, maybe the xp candies could be added into the Pelago's mining island, maybe even a separate path for it just for them?
    As for the nature mints, I dont know. Battle Tree, I guess?

Let me answer this for Buffel:

Just impossible to do anything related to the structure of 3ds roms. The scene is super limited at this time to even imagine such a complex code to put in a hack. Only full decompiled roms (like Fire Red, and GBC roms) can wish about those things

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey Buffel! I was wondering, how much work would it take to implement the exp candies and nature mints from SWSH? If it's possible, maybe the xp candies could be added into the Pelago's mining island, maybe even a separate path for it just for them?
    As for the nature mints, I dont know. Battle Tree, I guess?
    Let me answer this for Buffel:

Just impossible to do anything related to the structure of 3ds roms. The scene is super limited at this time to even imagine such a complex code to put in a hack. Only full decompiled roms (like Fire Red, and GBC roms) can wish about those things
    Yeah, that sums it up nicely. Even though Sun and Moon's source code has leaked it doesn't help me with USUM, and if USUM's source was leaked it'd still be quite difficult to do anything with it as I don't know Japanese.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    I don't really remember if I already asked this, so, sorry if I'm repeating myself, but have you considered boosting Double Kick and Smack Down in power? It'd be nice having a 100 accuracy rock move to use with around 80 base power. Then again, buffing Rock Slide accuracy would do the trick with a little less power, too. Double kick could be a rather nice move with a little reduced pp and 40 to 45 base damage per hit, even if it doesn't have that much availability. Kinda like Gear grind, but trading the lower base power for a little more available users.

Edit:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    The battle tree ban list is still there. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the hack but it didn't work. I'm playing PS rebalanced.

Years
  • Hi yet again o/
    Some other changes I made, these are mostly suggestions, the super crazy ones are just me trying some stuff out (a.k.a Slaking) xP
    Anyways, onwards to moves suggestions:
    Glaciate 65->100 Power - Basic Kyurem's signature move always felt useless... why use it if you could simply use Ice Beam instead? Now you have a reason to actually use it instead >.<
    Bolt Strike 85%->90% Accuracy - Zekrom's 2nd signature move just got this buff cause I miss more than hit with it, not in the hack, I'm talking about ever
    Blue Flare 85%->90% Accuracy - Same thing as Bolt Strike's buff, Reshiram's 2nd signature move getting same treatment.
    Freeze Shock Paralyzes the target - Black Kyurem signature move... Let's face it, this move is bad, having to wait a turn for just raw damage when you could have used another move instead? This is why I added the paralyzes part in it
    Ice Burn Burns the target - White Kyurem signature move... same thing as Freeze Shock, but with burn istead of paralyzes... If I find a way to turn these into One turn moves without ruining the animation (like what I was trying to do in the first place), I'll let you know, mostly for the knowledge really :D
    And to finish it off with Pokémon suggestions:
    Stoutland
    105HP 120ATK 100DEF 45SpA 90SpD 95SPE
    New moves: Extreme Speed and Quick Attack (it's mostly just status buffs really)
    Garbodor Steel/Poison
    110HP 95ATK 102DEF 75SpA 102SpD 85SPE
    New moves: Poison Jab , Iron Head (upon evolving), Flash Cannon, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Thunder, Recover (37)
    Abilities: Corrosion/Aftermath/Regenerator
    Slaking
    New Hidden ability: Stall (ALWAYS moves last)
    Venomoth
    Bug/Psychic
    Hp 70 Atk 065 Def 60 Sp.A 100 Sp.D 075 Spe 100
    New move: Psyshock
    Kingler
    New move: Shadow Claw... yep just this, not sure why I thought of this one >.<
    Seaking (for a Sea KING, Seaking was a bit meh, so I did some stats buffs on him)
    Hp 80 Atk 110 Def 75 Sp.A 065 Sp.D 080 Spe 80
    Parasect
    +10 on it's defenses
    Butterfree
    HP 65 Atk 045 Def 60 Sp.A 100 Sp.D 100 Spe 95
    Beedrill
    Hp 70 Atk 105 Def 40 Sp.A 045 Sp.D 105 Spe 100
    Sorry for another text wall, just felt like posting these >.<

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I don't really remember if I already asked this, so, sorry if I'm repeating myself, but have you considered boosting Double Kick and Smack Down in power? It'd be nice having a 100 accuracy rock move to use with around 80 base power. Then again, buffing Rock Slide accuracy would do the trick with a little less power, too. Double kick could be a rather nice move with a little reduced pp and 40 to 45 base damage per hit, even if it doesn't have that much availability. Kinda like Gear grind, but trading the lower base power for a little more available users.

Edit:
    Spoiler:
    I think we've talked about Smack Down before but not Double Kick, not 100% sure on that though! IMO Double Kick's fine as is, we do still need some early game moves and most mons that get Double Kick already have much better fighting moves available later on, so they don't really need it to be buffed.
    I haven't edited any trainers for quite a while, so Giovanni's team is still on the todo list!
    The battle tree ban list is still there. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the hack but it didn't work. I'm playing PS rebalanced.
    Oops, sorry about that! Just checked the ban list file and it's still got a few copies of the list in it. I've uploaded a fix which should work, but I'm not sure where my post game save file is so it's untested. If you don't mind testing it that'd be much appreciated (if it's still broken after this I'll test it properly).
    Hi yet again o/
    Some other changes I made, these are mostly suggestions, the super crazy ones are just me trying some stuff out (a.k.a Slaking) xP
    Anyways, onwards to moves suggestions:
    Glaciate 65->100 Power - Basic Kyurem's signature move always felt useless... why use it if you could simply use Ice Beam instead? Now you have a reason to actually use it instead >.<
    Bolt Strike 85%->90% Accuracy - Zekrom's 2nd signature move just got this buff cause I miss more than hit with it, not in the hack, I'm talking about ever
    Blue Flare 85%->90% Accuracy - Same thing as Bolt Strike's buff, Reshiram's 2nd signature move getting same treatment.
    Freeze Shock Paralyzes the target - Black Kyurem signature move... Let's face it, this move is bad, having to wait a turn for just raw damage when you could have used another move instead? This is why I added the paralyzes part in it
    Ice Burn Burns the target - White Kyurem signature move... same thing as Freeze Shock, but with burn istead of paralyzes... If I find a way to turn these into One turn moves without ruining the animation (like what I was trying to do in the first place), I'll let you know, mostly for the knowledge really :D
    And to finish it off with Pokémon suggestions:
    Stoutland
    105HP 120ATK 100DEF 45SpA 90SpD 95SPE
    New moves: Extreme Speed and Quick Attack (it's mostly just status buffs really)
    Garbodor Steel/Poison
    110HP 95ATK 102DEF 75SpA 102SpD 85SPE
    New moves: Poison Jab , Iron Head (upon evolving), Flash Cannon, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Thunder, Recover (37)
    Abilities: Corrosion/Aftermath/Regenerator
    Slaking
    New Hidden ability: Stall (ALWAYS moves last)
    Venomoth
    Bug/Psychic
    Hp 70 Atk 065 Def 60 Sp.A 100 Sp.D 075 Spe 100
    New move: Psyshock
    Kingler
    New move: Shadow Claw... yep just this, not sure why I thought of this one >.<
    Seaking (for a Sea KING, Seaking was a bit meh, so I did some stats buffs on him)
    Hp 80 Atk 110 Def 75 Sp.A 065 Sp.D 080 Spe 80
    Parasect
    +10 on it's defenses
    Butterfree
    HP 65 Atk 045 Def 60 Sp.A 100 Sp.D 100 Spe 95
    Beedrill
    Hp 70 Atk 105 Def 40 Sp.A 045 Sp.D 105 Spe 100
    Sorry for another text wall, just felt like posting these >.<
    Hey! Yeah Glaciate is pretty weak, it's got a good secondary effect but it's not good enough to justify having such a low base power. Editing two turn move animations to be one turn moves is just a matter of finding the pointer to the first turn animation and replacing it with the second turn one, but that'd be tricky on a 3DS game.
    Stoutland would be pretty scary with those stats (imagine trying to deal with that in a sandstorm). The attack buff is definitely fair though. Personally I'd go with Meteor Mash for Garbodor over Iron Head, seeing as the metal part of it is its rebar arm. Stall Slaking is interesting, that might actually be balanced and still be better than Truant. Kinda fits too! Seaking is pretty hard to fix; it mostly just needs huge stat boosts across the board, and even then it's still pretty meh. Those are some big buffs for the bugs, and very high stats for something you can have at level 10! Though I guess you can have things like Lucario and Salamence around that point these days, so that might not matter much.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    Oops, sorry about that! Just checked the ban list file and it's still got a few copies of the list in it. I've uploaded a fix which should work, but I'm not sure where my post game save file is so it's untested. If you don't mind testing it that'd be much appreciated (if it's still broken after this I'll test it properly).

Tested it and it works perfectly. Thanks

Years
  • Guess who decided to test more crazy stuff? xD But seriously, hey yet again o/ I decided to test a few other things but this time focusing on some legendaries... Anyway here are the ideas, and this time all are actual suggestions.

Articuno Snow Warning
    Zapdos Drizzle
    Moltres Drought
    Of the 3 birds, Zapdos is the only one that doesn't need a buff (imo), but it would be unfair to give the other two these abilities and leave poor thunder bird out xP They are based of Pokemon 2000, and how these 3 were causing these effects upon the world. As for the other changes, they are about the Regis to make them better, I would say I overdid it with Regice, but then I learnd about the new Regieleki having almost the exact same stats, only speed and spa swapped so >.>... Without further ado:
    Regirock Solid Rock
    Atk 200 Def 100

Regice Heatproof
    HP 80 ATK 100 DEF 50 SpA 200 SpD 50 Spe 100
    Earth Power

Registeel Analytic (or Filter)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Guess who decided to test more crazy stuff? xD But seriously, hey yet again o/ I decided to test a few other things but this time focusing on some legendaries... Anyway here are the ideas, and this time all are actual suggestions.

Articuno Snow Warning
    Zapdos Drizzle
    Moltres Drought
    Of the 3 birds, Zapdos is the only one that doesn't need a buff (imo), but it would be unfair to give the other two these abilities and leave poor thunder bird out xP They are based of Pokemon 2000, and how these 3 were causing these effects upon the world. As for the other changes, they are about the Regis to make them better, I would say I overdid it with Regice, but then I learnd about the new Regieleki having almost the exact same stats, only speed and spa swapped so >.>... Without further ado:
    Regirock Solid Rock
    Atk 200 Def 100

Regice Heatproof
    HP 80 ATK 100 DEF 50 SpA 200 SpD 50 Spe 100
    Earth Power

Registeel Analytic (or Filter)
    Giving the birds weather abilities is definitely something I've seen suggested in the Pokemon community before, but IMO they'd be too strong on Moltres and Zapdos. Articuno would be fine with Snow Warning, but it's Articuno so it's hard to make it broken.

There's no doubt 200 base offenses would be improvement for the Regis, but there's a very good reason that no Pokemon has ever had 200 attack or special attack 😅 (at least for now); it's just too much power. A few megas come close and the huge/pure power ones actually hit harder, but they can't hold a damage boosting item and don't also get another ability.

Years
  • Giving the birds weather abilities is definitely something I've seen suggested in the Pokemon community before, but IMO they'd be too strong on Moltres and Zapdos. Articuno would be fine with Snow Warning, but it's Articuno so it's hard to make it broken.

There's no doubt 200 base offenses would be improvement for the Regis, but there's a very good reason that no Pokemon has ever had 200 attack or special attack 😅 (at least for now); it's just too much power. A few megas come close and the huge/pure power ones actually hit harder, but they can't hold a damage boosting item and don't also get another ability.

True, the closest we got to it is Deoxys-A with 180 in both >.< The idea was just to make each of them excel at something different... Steel being THE tank, Rock being THE Bulky slow attacker and Ice being THE glass cannon xP But yeah, perhaps I overdid it xD

Years
    • Online now
    Hiho O/

Are you planning to update Movesets with the Crown Tundra Pokemon Sword/Shield/Home update like you did last time for Isle of Armor?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hiho O/

Are you planning to update Movesets with the Crown Tundra Pokemon Sword/Shield/Home update like you did last time for Isle of Armor?
    I used datamined info when making the Home update, so most of the notable Crown Tundra additions should already be in the game. If there's anything new with the DLC release I'll definitely add it in at some point though! I also missed a few changes (e.g. U-turn for Lopunny and Blaziken), so those will be added in future too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2020
    Hey, first want to say that I rly like this version for my ultra moon. I just have 1 question, couldn't find any answers here.

When I catch this pokemons here, can I transfer this onto bank and than to home?
    I don't want to PvP or trade with this, it's only for me and pve play. Or need I to breed it that I can transfer it.
    I play the rebalanced version.
    Would be nice to know since I have the options to catch some pokemons here I can't get anywhere.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey, first want to say that I rly like this version for my ultra moon. I just have 1 question, couldn't find any answers here.

When I catch this pokemons here, can I transfer this onto bank and than to home?
    I don't want to PvP or trade with this, it's only for me and pve play. Or need I to breed it that I can transfer it.
    I play the rebalanced version.
    Would be nice to know since I have the options to catch some pokemons here I can't get anywhere.
    Hey, thanks! Happy to hear you like the hack!
    You probably could transfer Pokemon from the hack to bank; I think they'd get past the hacked mon check, but they'd definitely be considered illegitimate. I'd recommend breeding them first just to be safe and be sure you don't get banned.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2020
    Hey, thanks! Happy to hear you like the hack!
    You probably could transfer Pokemon from the hack to bank; I think they'd get past the hacked mon check, but they'd definitely be considered illegitimate. I'd recommend breeding them first just to be safe and be sure you don't get banned.

That sounds good. So i will breed all normal Pokemon and fill up my Pokedex.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Hey, I ended up finding a bug in the game with a certain Pokemon's level-up moveset:

- Lumineon doesn't learn Air Slash at level 37, or even 47 (which I assumed would happen since it's in the middle of moves that it gets in levels 42 and 48).

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey, I ended up finding a bug in the game with a certain Pokemon's level-up moveset:

- Lumineon doesn't learn Air Slash at level 37, or even 47 (which I assumed would happen since it's in the middle of moves that it gets in levels 42 and 48).
    Hey Necro! Thanks for letting me know, just uploaded a fix for that. Unfortunately any level up moves that aren't in order won't be learned at all, so hopefully that's the last one that's still out of order.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    My apologies if this is not related to the thread but can you help me with patching the photonic sun hack?

My issue is how to apply update 1.2 when building the rom using .Net 3ds toolkit. I have managed to patch your other hack eternal X using citra guide in the documents cause Im using the Android version of citra.

Attachments

• Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon
      Screenshot_20201104-073356_Drive.jpg
      169.9 KB · Views: 7
    Back