• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    My apologies if this is not related to the thread but can you help me with patching the photonic sun hack?

My issue is how to apply update 1.2 when building the rom using .Net 3ds toolkit. I have managed to patch your other hack eternal X using citra guide in the documents cause Im using the Android version of citra.
    That's a very old version of the install guide; I'd recommend using the current one instead as it's a much easier process. You might need to do a little bit of research to find out where certain folders are on your phone, but that should be the hardest part. I don't support the old install guide any more as it caused too many problems for too many people, mostly because the tools required were unreliable. If you really want to try modifying the update, you'll need Asia81's hacking toolkit to do it. There's a good chance only one version of it will work on your PC though, and I can't help you figure out which version that is (this was the biggest issue with the old method).

That said, I've been meaning to make an android install guide for quite a while now, so I'll try to get that done over the weekend.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2021
    That's a very old version of the install guide; I'd recommend using the current one instead as it's a much easier process. You might need to do a little bit of research to find out where certain folders are on your phone, but that should be the hardest part. I don't support the old install guide any more as it caused too many problems for too many people, mostly because the tools required were unreliable. If you really want to try modifying the update, you'll need Asia81's hacking toolkit to do it. There's a good chance only one version of it will work on your PC though, and I can't help you figure out which version that is (this was the biggest issue with the old method).

That said, I've been meaning to make an android install guide for quite a while now, so I'll try to get that done over the weekend.

I see. Ill wait for the Android guide then.
    Thanks for the help

UPDATE: I have managed to get it to work. The android version of citra does not have the mods location folder so I searched around and found that I had to create a folder named load then inside it create another folder named mods, thats where I copied the romfs folder and code.ips file to.
    The rest was easy by following your guide

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2021
    Hi, first, thank for all your effort, this hack is awesome. second, little question, am i the unluckiest guy in the world, or the monkey trio have a terrible spawn rate in SOS call? im really enjoying capturing all pokemons, but im suffering trying to capture the monkey trio :( at least can i know the spawn rate?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I see. Ill wait for the Android guide then.
    Thanks for the help

UPDATE: I have managed to get it to work. The android version of citra does not have the mods location folder so I searched around and found that I had to create a folder named load then inside it create another folder named mods, thats where I copied the romfs folder and code.ips file to.
    The rest was easy by following your guide
    Oh nice, glad you got it working!
    Hi, first, thank for all your effort, this hack is awesome. second, little question, am i the unluckiest guy in the world, or the monkey trio have a terrible spawn rate in SOS call? im really enjoying capturing all pokemons, but im suffering trying to capture the monkey trio :( at least can i know the spawn rate?
    Hey, thanks! I don't actually know what their spawn rate is, but it should be the same as the chance of finding a Happiny when battling a baby Pokemon. This is all I can see in pk3DS:
    Pokémon Photonic Sun & Prismatic Moon

They're not as rare as the Melemele Salamence or Hydreigon at least!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2020
    i want to ask why did my game froze when i talk to the shopkeeper i tried to replace the shop.cro with the standard version it still does not work can you help me

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    i want to ask why did my game froze when i talk to the shopkeeper i tried to replace the shop.cro with the standard version it still does not work can you help me
    Probably because you didn't install the title update; that's what causes this 99% of the time.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2020
    Can you (by which I mean the developer) or anyone else tell me how to make updates as luma patches? I'm making a pokemon Y romhack with PK3ds and would like an easier way to distribute updates than a 1.7 GB cia every time. Any help by anyone would be appreciated.
    I just made an account so I don't know how to see a reply or anything, so if you want to help me, please do so through email. My email address is [email protected].
    Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Can you (by which I mean the developer) or anyone else tell me how to make updates as luma patches? I'm making a pokemon Y romhack with PK3ds and would like an easier way to distribute updates than a 1.7 GB cia every time. Any help by anyone would be appreciated.
    I just made an account so I don't know how to see a reply or anything, so if you want to help me, please do so through email. My email address is [email protected].
    Thanks!
    Eh, it's not that hard to check back here and see the notification icon on the top right 😅. I'd rather post a reply here so other people can see it if they're interested.

To make a luma patch you need to copy your edited files into folders that mimic the ROM's structure, and to do that you'll first need to know which files you've edited. pk3DS can spit out a list of the important ones for you (see options -> about garcs). It'll list them as file paths, so as an a example, "levelup - a\0\1\3" would be a file named "3" in a folder named "1" in another folder named "0"... etc. So you'd create all those folders, copy the "3" into the one named "1", and do the same for any other edited garcs. The "a" folder then needs to go in another folder named romfs, same as it is in the ROM.

After that, you need to setup a few more folders so that luma or citra know where to find the files to patch over the game. These have to be named luma\titles\[title ID], where "title ID" is the ID number for the game you've edited (for Y this is 0004000000055E00).

Hope that explains it? It sounds convoluted but you're mostly just copying files into folders; you can take a look at any of my 3DS hacks as an example, and their install guides explain what to do once you've set up all the files and folders. Let me know if anything's unclear!

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2020
    To make a luma patch you need to copy your edited files into folders that mimic the ROM's structure, and to do that you'll first need to know which files you've edited. pk3DS can spit out a list of the important ones for you (see options -> about garcs). It'll list them as file paths, so as an a example, "levelup - a\0\1\3" would be a file named "3" in a folder named "1" in another folder named "0"... etc. So you'd create all those folders, copy the "3" into the one named "1", and do the same for any other edited garcs. The "a" folder then needs to go in another folder named romfs, same as it is in the ROM.

After that, you need to setup a few more folders so that luma or citra know where to find the files to patch over the game. These have to be named luma\titles\[title ID], where "title ID" is the ID number for the game you've edited (for Y this is 0004000000055E00).
    Ok, thanks. Does this method also apply to exefs, or would I need to change some things. And while I'm here, do you know the garc location of the title screen in Y? Thanks again in advance.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2020
    I am new to this so I dont really know where everything is xD. I cant seem to find the docs with the wild pokemon locations any help on that pleaase?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Ok, thanks. Does this method also apply to exefs, or would I need to change some things. And while I'm here, do you know the garc location of the title screen in Y? Thanks again in advance.
    You're welcome! The exefs is slightly different; you just copy the files from it straight into the title ID folder (i.e. the same place the romfs folder is in). You can also make a patch of your modified code.bin file and share that instead of the whole file; the code.bin is technically copyrighted code (and not just a data file like the garcs), so sharing it this way is good practice. Some sites will require you to do this, but most people don't care either way.
    XY's title screen is in a/1/6/5; IIRC it has title screens for both versions in it.
    I am new to this so I dont really know where everything is xD. I cant seem to find the docs with the wild pokemon locations any help on that pleaase?
    There's a link to all the docs in the first post; I've just made it more obvious so it'll be easier to find now.

Years
    • lolwut
    • Seen Aug 3, 2021
    Any PC user that could help me getting this to work? I'm using RetroArch with 3DS Citra core.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Any PC user that could help me getting this to work? I'm using RetroArch with 3DS Citra core.
    No idea if RetroArch changes anything, but chances are you can just follow the citra install guide that comes with the hack.
    Does this mod hacked version have battlebond greninja
    Yep, check the "Special Encounters" document for the easiest way to find one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2021
    Hi, is there any chance EX/WY/PS/PM have accidentally changed the shiny odds on my game? I just found a Shiny Weedle in Prismatic Moon and a Shiny Surskit in Eternal X within the span two hours. I've played these rom hacks quite a lot and never found anything before, so I doubt you've changed anything, but I have to ask. Because of course if you haven't the implication is I just got winning the lottery lucky. Is there anything at all that you can think of that could have possibly changed the shiny odds?

Back