• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
  • It loads the hours and minutes correctly now, but it only wants to show one at a time lol
    so either mins or hours will show lol
    fixing it now

Way to Gooo!

Anyway, I read on Bulbapedia that 20 Pokemons were allowed to Follow Main character in Pokemon Platinum.

are you planing to implement this also?

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Here we go
    about TIME
    xlj3l.jpg

Plus it updates in real time
    so if it were 10:00 and I swapped my pc time to 2:00 PM it'd say 14:00

Years
  • Damn this is getting done fast, good job man. I eagerly await the beta! On a lighter note, I have a somewhat irrelevant question. Would it be possible at all for me to change the player sprite to, say Brendan/Ruby? Lucas is probably the worst one out of them all >_<

Last edited:

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
    Years
  • Here we go
    about TIME
    xlj3l.jpg

Plus it updates in real time
    so if it were 10:00 and I swapped my pc time to 2:00 PM it'd say 14:00

Very Nice. I got to know App functions of Poketch last night..

Happiness Checker and Step Counter were best ;)

What about Follow me Script?

As I said, Platinum Version has a feature where your Starter Pokemon follows you in Amity Square.

Plan on implementing this?

don't wanna sound Greedy :P

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Damn this is getting done fast, good job man. I eagerly await the beta! On a lighter note, I have a somewhat irrelevant question. Would it be possible at all for me to change the player sprite to, say Brendan/Ruby? Lucas is probably the worst one out of them all >_<

You can (for yourself)
    I mean don't release it elsewhere with a brendan, people will think I'm nuts lol

Very Nice. I got to know App functions of Poketch last night..

Happiness Checker and Step Counter were best ;)

What about Follow me Script?

As I said, Platinum Version has a feature where your Starter Pokemon follows you in Amity Square.

Plan on implementing this?

don't wanna sound Greedy :P

I do like Happiness checker too lol
    I have the follow me asm
    PROBLEM: Nobody on this entire earth knows where to put it
    Nobody
    And it's used for barry/cheryl/buck/the others too

please make sure that you can make the game

It's so easy to me it'll be done once the major features (aka follow me,contests,berries,poketch) are done. I don't think there's anything that will make me give up on this considering how far I'm into it

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
  • Hey gogojjtech, I've been a member of Pokecommunity for a long long time, although nowadays I usually just lurk. (I'm very busy with other Pokemon related things nowadays).

However, this particular project has made me want to post.
    Firstly, very impressive work on everything so far, I remember back in 2008 there were many generation 4 demakes floating about, and all of them were very half-hearted.
    I'm very much looking forward to the finished version of this project.

I took a look at your YouTube channel earlier and gave the videos a watch - although it's been touched upon before, the running to the side overworld sprite really needs some work; I realize that the speed is increased heavily in FireRed (I work with this issue daily) but it can be pulled off with a 'bob'.

I'm interested to see how the distortion world comes out.
    Also; Are you going to be including scripted events for the event legendaries? Shaymin, Darkrai etc. (Perhaps even the SecretKey). Even if their items aren't obtainable in the game, will the items exist/trigger their events?
    I'm assuming so, since you went to the effort of even including the Mystery Zone.

Additionally, will the bag UI be getting an overhaul? It looks very FireRed right now, and I couldn't help but feel it took away from the Sinnoh atmosphere.

I think the grass tiles could probably use some work, as the lightest green that merges the tiles together looks a little strange. (That however might just be my opinion)

I don't mean to sound critical, there are few negatives to bring up.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Hey gogojjtech, I've been a member of Pokecommunity for a long long time, although nowadays I usually just lurk. (I'm very busy with other Pokemon related things nowadays).

However, this particular project has made me want to post.
    Firstly, very impressive work on everything so far, I remember back in 2008 there were many generation 4 demakes floating about, and all of them were very half-hearted.
    I'm very much looking forward to the finished version of this project.

I took a look at your YouTube channel earlier and gave the videos a watch - although it's been touched upon before, the running to the side overworld sprite really needs some work; I realize that the speed is increased heavily in FireRed (I work with this issue daily) but it can be pulled off with a 'bob'.

I'm interested to see how the distortion world comes out.
    Also; Are you going to be including scripted events for the event legendaries? Shaymin etc. Even if their items aren't obtainable in the game, will the items exist/trigger their events?
    I'm assuming so, since you went to the effort of even including the Mystery Zone.

I think the grass tiles could probably use some work, as the lightest green that merges the tiles together looks a little strange. (That however might just be my opinion)

lol a few things
    1: I has him bob before, he looked like a spazz having a conniption. Yeah, it was that bad. lol
    2: Their items will exist, but we're thinking of mystery gift events, like entering a code or something.
    3: The light green is vanilla platinum, the grass is too. Thing is, in that picture I was still porting, and the grass used the tree palette, so there goes that lol. easy to fix though, just been busy with E4 and poketch lately

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Additionally, will the bag UI be getting an overhaul? It looks very FireRed right now, and I couldn't help but feel it took away from the Sinnoh atmosphere.

I don't mean to sound critical, there are few negatives to bring up.

1: the bag had the same ui before the port, and I haven't gotten around to porting it lol
    2: any criticism is good because it helps development significantly. :D

DARKSHADE

Waiting.. In the Shadows..
    Years
  • lol a few things
    1: I has him bob before, he looked like a spazz having a conniption. Yeah, it was that bad. lol
    2: Their items will exist, but we're thinking of mystery gift events, like entering a code or something.
    3: The light green is vanilla platinum, the grass is too. Thing is, in that picture I was still porting, and the grass used the tree palette, so there goes that lol. easy to fix though, just been busy with E4 and poketch lately

1.) As far as I'm aware (and you also according to the comemnts on the YouTube video), nobody is sure how to change the framerate of the overworld sprites?
    Is there a video of how it was previously?

2.) I very much like idea 2, I'm particularly fond of 'canon' and that definitely seems like the most canon way of doing it.

3.) I realize that, although it just currently looks very strange as it is now (due to the pallet as you say). And I see, that's understandable.

No doubt you've probably addressed most of these questions before, so my apologies for that.

1: the bag had the same ui before the port, and I haven't gotten around to porting it lol
    2: any criticism is good because it helps development significantly. :D

Ah excellent, I can see you're fairly busy then.
    And I'm glad you see it that way.

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • 1.) As far as I'm aware (and you also according to the comemnts on the YouTube video), nobody is sure how to change the framerate of the overworld sprites?
    Is there a video of how it was previously?

2.) I very much like idea 2, I'm particularly fond of 'canon' and that definitely seems like the most canon way of doing it.

3.) I realize that, although it just currently looks very strange as it is now (due to the pallet as you say). And I see, that's understandable.

And it seems I was editing my above post whilst you were replying; will the bag UI be getting an overhaul to match Platinum's style?

No doubt you've probably addressed most of these questions before, so my apologies for that.

1: nobody can change how fast the running is yet, and no video of it before. I may change it if it's a problem in the demo :D
    3: I may actually rewrite the bag altogether like how I'm doing the poketch.
    join me on the chat though :D http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?channels=romhacking,GoGo

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2019
    you said the demo will so far to the first gym. WHY ?! -_-
    YOU ALMOST COMPLEATE THE ELITE 4 WHY THE DEMO WILL BE SO SHORT ?! >:(

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • In other news the poketch clock is done
    sPsgA.jpg

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • i dont know maybe........ THE ELITE 4 ?!

That's not a beta
    and I'm not done up to there at all lol
    I only mapped up to solaceon, but I gotta remap since the tiles are changed
    plus scripts haven't gotten up to solaceon yet either

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back