• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
  • Awesome progress man. This guy is adding features left and right like magic!
    It's like he's literally dissecting the Fire Red engine and turning it into its successor (within its hardware limits of course!) Haha.

I periodically check out this thread curious to see all the possible features, asked by other members, that might be implemented and
    gogojjtech just says YES to all of them! Nice. Can't wait for it's first release.

I guess anything is possible with the third generation game engine, once it is modified appropriately, haha.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • Awesome progress man. This guy is adding features left and right like magic!
    It's like he's literally dissecting the Fire Red engine and turning it into its successor (within its hardware limits of course!) Haha.

I periodically check out this thread curious to see all the possible features, asked by other members, that might be implemented and
    gogojjtech just says YES to all of them! Nice. Can't wait for it's first release.

I guess anything is possible with the third generation game engine, once it is modified appropriately, haha.

There are multiple gen 3 engines, they're not all the same. FR ftw (though I never played it and was introduced in Ruby)

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I'm not hacking today since there are things going on. So for the like 2 hours I'm home I'll work on the SoulSilver Music.

Granite Guard

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2014
    If there are no shadows and gender differences in pokemon how can this be called a full demake?
    While the difference in genders is not a very big deal but is needed in the red version the shadows absence makes a huge impact on the overworld
    IMO it will be a big minus for me if the final release wont have shadows
    And considering that i seen good looking shadows in gba hacks before and by looking at this hacks features list and all the amazing work your team has done i dont see how shadows are a problem for you

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • If there are no shadows and gender differences in pokemon how can this be called a full demake?
    While the difference in genders is not a very big deal but is needed in the red version the shadows absence makes a huge impact on the overworld
    IMO it will be a big minus for me if the final release wont have shadows
    And considering that i seen good looking shadows in gba hacks before and by looking at this hacks features list and all the amazing work your team has done i dont see how shadows are a problem for you

Well if you've hacked before you know that the palette limit is quite restricting, and the amount of tile space also is. Even with a triple tile, there will be some SERIOUS problems for just shadows. If once I'm done mapping I have some space left, I'll see about shadows :D
    But for now, it's a major wall in the way

Granite Guard

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2014
    Well if you've hacked before you know that the palette limit is quite restricting, and the amount of tile space also is. Even with a triple tile, there will be some SERIOUS problems for just shadows. If once I'm done mapping I have some space left, I'll see about shadows :D
    But for now, it's a major wall in the way

Ok im no hacker but thanks for the fast reply this post was very informative
    Hope you have space left at the end XD
    By the way isnt there any way to break this limit?

Also the bag you posted isnt completed right cause the original looks different
    The bag and pocket words are missing, the bags big icon is missing and the 8 item icons slots look messed up

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Ok im no hacker but thanks for the fast reply this post was very informative
    Hope you have space left at the end xD
    By the way isnt there any way to break this limit?

Also the bag you posted isnt completed right cause the original looks different
    The bag and pocket words are missing, the bags big icon missing and the 8 item icons slots look messed up

The limit is set since it's a hardware limit. Meaning the GBA can't handle more. No way around it.

The bag isn't completed, correct lol
    I'm not done with it.
    The 8 icons are going to stay that way since if I keep them in one long way, it'd be too long for the screen.

Granite Guard

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2014
    The limit is set since it's a hardware limit. Meaning the GBA can't handle more. No way around it.

The bag isn't completed, correct lol
    I'm not done with it.
    The 8 icons are going to stay that way since if I keep them in one long way, it'd be too long for the screen.

I see that sucks stupid restrictions
    1 last question for now if you dont mind, the release date of beta 1 isnt in this month right according to the first post first it was supposed to come last month and now it says april but april is ending pretty soon
    You could change the date to 2014 so people dont get confused and start asking "wheres beta the month is near its end"

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I see that sucks stupid restrictions
    1 last question for now if you dont mind, the release date of beta 1 isnt in this month right according to the first post first it was supposed to come last month and now it says april but april is ending pretty soon
    You could change the date to 2014 so people dont get confused and start asking "wheres beta the month is near its end"

Way ahead of you lol
    Asking for a release date is kinda dumb, since I can't tell the future and finish at a set date. Time doesn't work like that.

Granite Guard

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2014
    Way ahead of you lol
    Asking for a release date is kinda dumb, since I can't tell the future and finish at a set date. Time doesn't work like that.

Yeah real life keeps pushing the release day further hehe
    I saw you saying that a hg and ss demake is next in your list and i been thinking if there will be support for trading between the red demake and the 2 johto demakes
    That way we could catch the pokemon that are missing in red platinum in the johto demakes and trade them to platinum red
    That way most of the dex will be filled in platinum in a "legit way" and what rest is missing could be added in platinum blue?
    Do you plan to add the events that happened in real life with pokemon give aways from events?
    Nintendo is removing wifi from nds so i dont know if you should try to add anything wifi related in this hack :D

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Yeah real life keeps pushing the release day further hehe
    I saw you saying that a hg and ss demake is next in your list and i been thinking if there will be support for trading between the red demake and the 2 johto demakes
    That way we could catch the pokemon that are missing in red platinum in the johto demakes and trade them to platinum red
    That way most of the dex will be filled in platinum in a "legit way" and what rest is missing could be added in platinum blue?
    Do you plan to add the events that happened in real life with pokemon give aways from events?
    Nintendo is removing wifi from nds so i dont know if you should try to add anything wifi related in this hack :D

well gba = no wifi or internet
    So it'd be obtainable via codes you get from somewhere on the internet.

Granite Guard

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2014
    Are the stats of pokemon and natures the same as platinum?
    Have you finished inserting the effects of items or completed the bag

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Are the stats of pokemon and natures the same as platinum?
    Have you finished inserting the effects of items or completed the bag

Of course the stats are the same lol
    Item effects are almost done. The only ones that aren't are the "Power" (Power Band, Power Belt...) ; Grip Claw ; Life Orb ; Black Sludge ; Shed Shell ; Big Root ; Sticky Barb and Lagging Tail.
    The bag isn't complete either since I'm busy in life.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2015
    Guys... GoGo is back... shh... Anyway, hi GoGo. Does this mean you have the razor claw and razor fang in and working? I didn't see it on the list of items to add...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back