• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2015
    I think one reason I've been so unmotivated for the past 2 weeks to hack is because I lost the feel for Sinnoh itself.. And that's something that gets me scared since Sinnoh is, in fact, my mind's home. One thing that I always do that gets me to love Sinnoh is listen to the Platinum Red and Blue soundtrack, and I haven't done that in a long time due to some changes in my life. Well, here goes nothing.

*GoGo listens to the Platinum soundtrack

Good ol' route 209 will make you feel better ;D.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • If your feeling unmotivated.. You should look at how barry dances.. It always feel nostalgic and makes me wanna play after seeing him dance away lol..

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • If your feeling unmotivated.. You should look at how barry dances.. It always feel nostalgic and makes me wanna play after seeing him dance away lol..

It's not unmotivation, it's just I've basically gotten lazy.. I'm better now but I have a school project to do ATM so it'll take a few hours till I work on anything.

very nice, you have a Pokétch!

We have contests
    We have an intro
    We have forms
    We have titlescreens
    We have a bag
    We have a (everything)

Gogo, if this means you will stop the hack, I'll...I'll
    *haves a heart attack* *dies*

lol

Why on Earth would I stop..? Makes no sense bro

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • It's not unmotivation, it's just I've basically gotten lazy.

Why on Earth would I stop..? Makes no sense bro

Sorry, Gogo, I thought you're unmotivated and will be discouraged and quit hacking, and it ends up that you're lazy.......:3c

*hides*

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    Well i'll try to learn a Bit of C for this, when i'll be even a little bit skilled, would you be able to give me a lead on this?

Its not as simple as just learning it from gogo's response it seems he has programmed and in C quite a bit, well at least to the point where he can implement it into his rom hacking. Its not that he read or C taught him how to implement it into a rom hack its the nature of programming.
    Its really amazing how awesome programming is and what you can do with it,its always interesting to see what others do with it and how they do so.

I've never seen anyone do anything but asm in hacks gogo, I'm a programmer myself currently in college for programming and a web dev. Mind explaining a bit in more depth of what exactly you used for c in the hack or more how so if you could? Interested in how you crossed c to this.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Its not as simple as just learning it from gogo's response it seems he has programmed and in C quite a bit, well at least to the point where he can implement it into his rom hacking. Its not that he read or C taught him how to implement it into a rom hack its the nature of programming.
    Its really amazing how awesome programming is and what you can do with it,its always interesting to see what others do with it and how they do so.

I've never seen anyone do anything but asm in hacks gogo, I'm a programmer myself currently in college for programming and a web dev. Mind explaining a bit in more depth of what exactly you used for c in the hack or more how so if you could? Interested in how you crossed c to this.

Well it's very simple to set up actually. You just need function offsets and RAM offsets, and callbacks depending on where you use the C. An example of a function is fadescreen and playsong.

Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2017
    I am new to this. I created an account mainly to discuss THIS hack. This game looks amazing and i can't wait. I was wondering if you needed anyone to test the game before you release it. If so, please reply

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I am new to this. I created an account mainly to discuss THIS hack. This game looks amazing and i can't wait. I was wondering if you needed anyone to test the game before you release it. If so, please reply

We actually won't be needing/using testers for Platinum Red and Blue since we've mainly got it covered.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Hack looks good! Can't wait to see it finished!

Trust me, neither can I lol

How about you join the chat? http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?channels=GoGo&uio=OD1mYWxzZSY5PXRydWUmMTE9MA06

KZeeI.jpg

Created some battles, including the vs. seeker ones, and it's going great. Just a little teaser photo to show that progress is happening after all :D

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Hey GoGo, will all 493 pokemon only be obtainable in Blue by catching them on the standard routes? Or will they only be obtainable by events and pal park?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Hey GoGo, will all 493 pokemon only be obtainable in Blue by catching them on the standard routes? Or will they only be obtainable by events and pal park?

All 493 Pokemon in the games are obtainable in Platinum Blue, be it standard routes, events, mystery gift, safari, bug catching contest, the list goes on and on. It will be a challenge to catch all of them though since I won't be including locations ;D
    You'll also only have access to one masterball in the entire game, so I highly suggest you use it If you must. That's basically that lol
    (By all Pokemon I also mean forms as well. All forms will be catchable, not separately, but you have the opportunity to get all.)

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • All 493 Pokemon in the games are obtainable in Platinum Blue, be it standard routes, events, mystery gift, safari, bug catching contest, the list goes on and on. It will be a challenge to catch all of them though since I won't be including locations ;D
    You'll also only have access to one masterball in the entire game, so I highly suggest you use it If you must. That's basically that lol
    (By all Pokemon I also mean forms as well. All forms will be catchable, not separately, but you have the opportunity to get all.)

Would Legendaries be in seemingly common places? Like on a Route?

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • xWLsokq.png

Progress all the way!

Creating these battles is a nice little way of me showing you that we're getting closer to Alpha v1.0 release!
    Looks like Platinum right? :D

(This pic now shows up in my sig too)

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2023
    This hack (well, both of them) would be legendary if fully finished; I really hope they do get completed as they look dead on. I have a game boy micro and an EZ Flash IV that would die to run these roms :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back