• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I've played the demo and I cut myself off after Sandgem, just because. Going from how I played the real game, it was as if Game Freak made a DS version that could convert for the GBA with some add-on.

Far from stable, this game really does have the general flow of Platinum down. While I'm a bit disappointed I can't catch anything yet, everything else this hack has attempted is highly impressive. Graphically, it looks mostly like the DS version, save for a few minor details that have been mentioned ad nauseum. Playing it is almost like the DS version as well, especially how there's 493 Pokemon programmed into the hack itself.

Seeing as I got work to do, the time between this and the stabler iteration won't be a long wait. Any way I can play a game that has the experience of the DS versions sounds like a plus to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • I've played the demo and I cut myself off after Sandgem, just because. Going from how I played the real game, it was as if Game Freak made a DS version that could convert for the GBA with some add-on.

Far from stable, this game really does have the general flow of Platinum down. While I'm a bit disappointed I can't catch anything yet, everything else this hack has attempted is highly impressive. Graphically, it looks mostly like the DS version, save for a few minor details that have been mentioned ad nauseum. Playing it is almost like the DS version as well, especially how there's 493 Pokemon programmed into the hack itself.

Seeing as I got work to do, the time between this and the stabler iteration won't be a long wait. Any way I can play a game that has the experience of the DS versions sounds like a plus to me.

The next version is right around the corner, with no bugs and more playtime. Small things like the Journal won't work yet because they aren't important really. But other than that it'll be more enjoyable overall.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    The next version is right around the corner, with no bugs and more playtime. Small things like the Journal won't work yet because they aren't important really. But other than that it'll be more enjoyable overall.

I'm more interested in the general gameplay, like the plot. And absorbing the fact that someone has sunk in the time and effort with others to shrink a DS game to a GBA format without giving much up [if at all] of the features. I find it coincidental that it was something that was coming in my mind, but been thinking how neat it would be if there was a game like Platinum on the GBA so I wouldn't have to mess with the mess that is the DS emulator on the iPhone. I tried playing a game in landscape, and instead of making the panels side by side, it made them both smaller and needing to squint. [alongside speed issues.] I was literally just searching for a way to start my own personal hack [although I'm more on the visual side than the technical.] when I came by this.

When I was playing DPPT, the bottom screen was merely an accessory instead of a necessary element of gameplay. HGSS touched on the Start menu being on the bottom screen, but the way X/Y had expanded it made the bottom screen useful. So...I'm not sad seeing that go at all.

I really want to see how this'll look on the iPhone when the debugged version is released.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    I can't get DS emulators to work on my one year old laptop. Believe it or not but you need a lot of horse power just to emulate something a decade old. PC geeks are gonna laugh at this but most people don't actually have a very strong PC, not for gaming anyway. I'd never even try to emulate the DS on my phone besides, I have my REAL DS systems and REAL DS Platinum game.

So why do I even care about this? Well, unlike the DS, GBA is easily emulated these days and why modern device can run it almost flawless. Whenever I don't bring my 3DS, I'll have my phone, the Xperia play, I seriously love this thing even though it's old now. I have all the buttons I need, it's like playing on a real GBA. Once in a while I like going back playing the old games but I don't wanna delete my save files. So emulation is a good solution to that problem.

Hoping the next version will be brilliant!

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I can't get DS emulators to work on my one year old laptop. Believe it or not but you need a lot of horse power just to emulate something a decade old. PC geeks are gonna laugh at this but most people don't actually have a very strong PC, not for gaming anyway. I'd never even try to emulate the DS on my phone besides, I have my REAL DS systems and REAL DS Platinum game.

So why do I even care about this? Well, unlike the DS, GBA is easily emulated these days and why modern device can run it almost flawless. Whenever I don't bring my 3DS, I'll have my phone, the Xperia play, I seriously love this thing even though it's old now. I have all the buttons I need, it's like playing on a real GBA. Once in a while I like going back playing the old games but I don't wanna delete my save files. So emulation is a good solution to that problem.

Hoping the next version will be brilliant!

Believe it or not, I have a $300 laptop (idk how much $300 is in other countries but it's the cheapest you're going to get on a laptop nowadays)

It's 4GB RAM, 3.7 ghz i3 dual core

All in all, it's cheap for a reason. I can still run desmume JIT on it, keep it open 24/7 (since I hibernate) and I don't get lag or speed issues. It's a better alternative to keeping a ds on all the time, and that's better for the environment because I don't have to charge it all the time either. I said JIT for a reason because it's desmume with a massive speed upgrade, and it's definitely worth checking out.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    I've tried a couple of them but I can't get anything to run properly. I can't play DS on the PC anyway, it kinda defeats the purpose I think. Handheld games are more comfortable for me. I don't worry much about the environment, not when it comes to chargers. I use low energy lamp bulbs and avoid having things on standby. I think I'm doing okay. lol My friend with a quite powerful PC couldn't get the DS emu to run properly either. I wonder if some other settings are required. Oh well.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • I've tried a couple of them but I can't get anything to run properly. I can't play DS on the PC anyway, it kinda defeats the purpose I think. Handheld games are more comfortable for me. I don't worry much about the environment, not when it comes to chargers. I use low energy lamp bulbs and avoid having things on standby. I think I'm doing okay. lol My friend with a quite powerful PC couldn't get the DS emu to run properly either. I wonder if some other settings are required. Oh well.

Well as I said, the JIT desmume is about 8x faster from my tests. IDK what they did to make it that fast, but it's enough to get regular framerate and decent fast forward.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Thanks for 3,000 Downloads!

MAJOR UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IrV8nw1zeA

Hey guys, ever since the release of Alpha 1 on the 25th of December, 2014, it has been 21 days, which is exactly three weeks. We just hit 3087 downloads! Thank you to every one of you for your support, it really does mean a lot. That many downloads in a span of 3 weeks, and it's only in Alpha! I have been relatively busy the past few days and daniilS is in the middle of test week, but we're still going. Once again, thank you everyone for this milestone :D

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • TV Test #1

Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

Took an hour, but I got the basics down at least.

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Tv Screen!

MAJOR UPDATE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0yXSqnUPUA

A short little video to show the TV at the beginning of the game, which was absent in alpha 1.0-1.21.
    Only took about two hours to do, and everything is exactly the same as Platinum. Timings, gradients, etc.

Sorry guys, the scrolling on the TV looks weird due to Youtube's way of handling it. Hope you don't mind though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    Umm, a question. Will all events be obtainable within the game or will you distribute them yourself? Arceus ( in hall of origin ), Darkrai ( on fullmoon island )and Shaymin ( in flower paradise ).

GoGoJJTech

Years
  • Umm, a question. Will all events be obtainable within the game or will you distribute them yourself? Arceus ( in hall of origin ), Darkrai ( on fullmoon island )and Shaymin ( in flower paradise ).

You'll be able to get those events via Mystery Gift like they were in Platinum. Unlike Platinum, the Arceus event will be obtainable without the need for hacking the game. Platinum Blue's events will be different because of the 493 thing, so the only events you'll get are extras.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    Sounds cool. Yeah I know they never actually released the Arceus event but he's still there and catchable. A pretty epic battle as well. xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Sounds cool. Yeah I know they never actually released the Arceus event but he's still there and catchable. A pretty epic battle as well. xD

Actually they did release Arceus, trollfreak just didn't release the Azure Flute. There was the level 100 one from Toys'r'us

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    Actually they did release Arceus, trollfreak just didn't release the Azure Flute. There was the level 100 one from Toys'r'us
    Yes, that's correct. By "event" I meant "in game event". Derp. Dx I have that Arceus from Gameplanet or whatever it was. I didn't actually go to get it myself though...

Mr.Mako

Resident Edgelord Troll
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Well at least we don't have to worry about "will we get the azure flute...will we get <insert nonreleased outside Japan event item here>?" Because the great GoGo is giving them all too us. TV looks great btw GoGo though idk why you seem surprised that Youtube handles things weirdly.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Great hack! now on my bucket list. I could rate it 100% looks like the Ds game. looking forward for the release , you sure shred sweats with the hack.

. Hope you message me when it is released ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2023
    I loved the beta. You have a lot of potential as a programmer. The only complaint from my side is that the lowermost part of the Pokemart is a little glitched. If possible could you fix it.
    And again awesome job....waiting for more :D

Pokémon Platinum Red & Blue Versions - Alpha 1.3 Released!

This is what i mean

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2017
    Pretty sure he's working on all of those glitches. It's because things wont load properly, and more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back