• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2018
    Best hack around, but disheartened at the decreased shiny rate in 3.0 part of my enjoyment of 2.2 was Shinylocking my way to gyms.

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Best hack around, but disheartened at the decreased shiny rate in 3.0 part of my enjoyment of 2.2 was Shinylocking my way to gyms.

I've made that easier to edit yourself by editing SHINY_NUMERATOR and CHARMED_SHINY_NUMERATOR in constants/misc_constants.asm.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Really looking forward to this more than ever before now since the last time I posted right here months ago, haven't even touched the dissembled rom since I want to experiance the whole hack from the next official beta release.

Random question, but will all or most of the evolution stones be avaliable at least in Johto? Hate how ones like the Dusk stone and such tend to be quite late game in the official games (Gen 7 especially, urgh)

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Really looking forward to this more than ever before now since the last time I posted right here months ago, haven't even touched the dissembled rom since I want to experiance the whole hack from the next official beta release.

Random question, but will all or most of the evolution stones be avaliable at least in Johto? Hate how ones like the Dusk stone and such tend to be quite late game in the official games (Gen 7 especially, urgh)

Bill's grandpa still gives you one of each in Goldenrod, and I'm also adding one of each Stone in the new areas like Yellow Forest and Murky Swamp.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Bill's grandpa still gives you one of each in Goldenrod, and I'm also adding one of each Stone in the new areas like Yellow Forest and Murky Swamp.

Ah you moved him from Route 25 to Goldenrod? That's good to know, sounds like much less of a pain than relying on trainer calls then.

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    Two stones of each kind isn't really enough. A store would go a long way even with unlocking requirements.

I have a few questions about things that I'm admittedly too lazy to discover on my own:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2018
    Two stones of each kind isn't really enough. A store would go a long way even with unlocking requirements.

I have a few questions about things that I'm admittedly too lazy to discover on my own:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2018
    Having played through a few times, I agree the stone availability is an issue. I'm not sure why they should be any more rarer than Rare Candies and Elixrs, which you can purchase at
    Spoiler:
    . In all my playthroughs I've had to use the cloning glitch, just makes it feel less legit.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2018
    I felt the stone availability was fine for the Johto half of the game. Once you get to post-game you can just buy them from Celadon Mart?

Did you remove the debug tool? Doing a make debug seems to give me a normal rom. Mom is supposed to give the player the debugger at the start from what i could tell.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2018
    So I don't know if anyone else is experiencing it, but I think I found a bug. When I went to the guy to teaches Strength in the Cianwood center, I refused him because I didn't have a pokemon I wanted on my team to learn the move. When I went back to get a pokemon taught the move, he acted like he already did it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2018
    So I don't know if anyone else is experiencing it, but I think I found a bug. When I went to the guy to teaches Strength in the Cianwood center, I refused him because I didn't have a pokemon I wanted on my team to learn the move. When I went back to get a pokemon taught the move, he acted like he already did it.

He gives you an HM, no?

Years
  • Maybe a stupid question: I compiled mounths ago the ROM from the source code (it says 3.0.0 beta, 2016), and my save doesn't work with the ROM I compiled today. Is there a way to use my save in the new version or have I to restart the game?

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Maybe a stupid question: I compiled mounths ago the ROM from the source code (it says 3.0.0 beta, 2016), and my save doesn't work with the ROM I compiled today. Is there a way to use my save in the new version or have I to restart the game?

Saves are not compatible between releases, you'll have to restart your game or go back to using the old ROM.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2020
    Hi
    I'm new on the forum , and i apologize in advance if my english isn't perfect .

First of all , i would like to Say at how many point i love this romhack , it's the best so far for me ! ( I could make a PayPal gift if you're intrested ^^ )

After more than 130hours , i completed the full Pokédex (253) and defeated each trainers .
    What i liked the most was the fact that you made for the 26 unown !
    Also, the décoration side was awesome !

I've few questions now
    • I'm sad that there is no extra ending concerning the full Pokédex and prof' Oak ( or at least an item , a trophy ? )
    •whitch graphics software are you using for tails or sprites ?

I would like to create the sprite of new pokedolls , and i also would like to know if it's possible to add it in your game ?

Thank you again for this Amazing romhack !

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2023
    I love your game!!!!
    Nice work 👍👍👏👏
    Any chance of the 3.0 go's out this year?

Years
  • Saves are not compatible between releases, you'll have to restart your game or go back to using the old ROM.

Oh, got it.. Well, I liked so much the hackrom, so it won't be bad to restart it.

By the way, I was translating in Italian TPP Crystal, then I translated many vanilla texts and I could re-use them for Polished Crystal (I didn't find a way to disassemble the Italian Crystal...). Wouldn't it be a problem if I translate PCrystal too when the 3.0.0 is finished? I started to translate something basic, like the natures and the abilities

Years
    • Seen today
    Was having a grand ol' time with this hack. Nuzlocke had some big ups and downs, but it looked like I'd be able to beat Blue, and then take on the Elite Four for the second time. And this all ended when I accidentally stepped on this tile. Especially since the last time I had saved was right before catching Articuno.

VhleWPH.png

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2018
    Long time no see! Now that I've got a computer again, I can finally get back to doing sprite work for this project. Is there anything else that needs to be done?

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Was having a lot of fun with this hack and now I'm stuck. I beat the elite four twice and got gold trophy, got all the legendary birds, dogs, mew, caught all the unown, and I still don't have access to Mt. SIlver. I don't know what I have left to do but know there's more.

Also I saw Eusine in celedon city pokecenter and he mentioned he wanted to see all of the legendary dogs. I went back to the pokecenter after catching all of the dogs and he wasn't there anymore.

Back