• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2023
    Am I the only one whose game crashes when they scroll down enough in the Pokedex?

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Is the Yellow Forest the only place to catch the starters? Or is there a place where they're given to you as a gift or trade or something?

NergyTheMighty

Can't we all just get along? Pretty please?
    Years
  • Liking this very much so far! I know you're going to fix them soon enough anyway, but I just want to nitpick about a few things, if they haven't been mentioned already (they probably have):
    1. New sprites look nice, and I know you're working on animations, but the cries are off by quite the margin (Why does Munchlax have Mew's cry?!)
    2. This is probably just me, and before you get judgy, I love how you used the rival theme from X/Y for Lyra, but it feels too slow for my liking it completely, maybe increase by a few bpm or something? That way, it would fit the speed of the game better.
    Other than that, this definitely part of my top three hacks! Keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2017
    Great hack! I dont like the random trade. Of tou want to give a alternative starter pokemon you could an only random pokemon at start anywere, but the system implemented here and in pokemon red ++ doesnt improve the game at all...it fells not real. Sory my english

NergyTheMighty

Years
  • Hey guys, I found something interesting as I was playing this hack, and it may be one of the best things I have ever seen. If you want to find out for yourself don't click the spoiler button.
    Spoiler:

NergyTheMighty

Years
  • Ok, no, seriously, I found something in this hack that will blow your mind: an item, to be exact. If you want to see for yourself, do not, repeat DO NOT click the spoiler button.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    New sprites look nice, and I know you're working on animations, but the cries are off by quite the margin (Why does Munchlax have Mew's cry?!)

Pretty sure those are placeholders until more accurate ones can be added. Animated sprites for the new pokemon are to be added in future updates as well.

NergyTheMighty

Years
  • Pretty sure those are placeholders until more accurate ones can be added. Animated sprites for the new pokemon are to be added in future updates as well.
    Yeah, I kinda figured that out on my own. Either way, I shall wait patiently for the day when cries and animations come into being (cries will probably come first, I'll bet.
    Some other things feel off:
    - Rock Tunnel and the Safari Zone both have tracks that don't really fit the theme of the atmosphere for each locale. I mean, it is true that the Lodestone is located in the Rock Tunnel, and the Power Plant is located alongside it, but the Kalos Power Plant theme nonetheless feels out of place.
    - You know what's worse than tracks that feel out of place? Tracks that fit the theme, but sound like not much thought had been put into it, which is sadly the case for Routes 47 and 48 as well as Yellow Forest. The demixes for Routes 47 and 48 and Route 119 from Hoenn, respectively, sound kinda primitive compared to the rest of the soundtrack of the hack; an apparent air of amateurish sound design. I am sorry that I sound like a heart-crushing connoisseur when I say that, but that's the feeling I received when I reached the destinations I have mentioned. I know you did more than any amateur could have done in their lifetime, Rangi, and it's a rather minor convenience compared to the scope of the hack as a whole, but polishing these tracks could help enrich the whole experiencw. That's all I'll say for now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2018
    Hiya! This may have been mentioned somewhere already, but I thought it was interesting. So I noticed that there are occasional differences between certain pokemon like hoothoot (which I attached), and was just curious if it was purposeful.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 11.06.33 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 11.06.33 PM.png
      44.7 KB · Views: 17
    • Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 11.06.40 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 11.06.40 PM.png
      45.3 KB · Views: 15
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Hiya! This may have been mentioned somewhere already, but I thought it was interesting. So I noticed that there are occasional differences between certain pokemon like hoothoot (which I attached), and was just curious if it was purposeful.

It's Litterally A Feature She Spoke About In The Thread

NergyTheMighty

Years
  • Hiya! This may have been mentioned somewhere already, but I thought it was interesting. So I noticed that there are occasional differences between certain pokemon like hoothoot (which I attached), and was just curious if it was purposeful.
    What exactly are the thumbnails implying? All I see is a normal Hoothoot and a shiny Hoothoot.

NergyTheMighty

Years
  • Ok, so I caught all the legendary birds, had
    Spoiler:
    talk to me and mention Lugia, even though I hadn't recieved a Silver Wing yet, and finally made it to Lugia's lair...but he wasn't there. Then I noticed I didn't have the Silver Wing, which was kinda silly of me. Now the question remained: Where do I go to get the Silver Wing?

sonic65101

Johto Champion
    Years
  • Ok, so I caught all the legendary birds, had
    Spoiler:
    talk to me and mention Lugia, even though I hadn't recieved a Silver Wing yet, and finally made it to Lugia's lair...but he wasn't there. Then I noticed I didn't have the Silver Wing, which was kinda silly of me. Now the question remained: Where do I go to get the Silver Wing?

Well if it's the same way you get it in Pokémon Crystal Version, it's from a man in Kanto, specifically Celadon City or Saffron City if I recall correctly.

NergyTheMighty

Years
  • Well if it's the same way you get it in Pokémon Crystal Version, it's from a man in Kanto, specifically Celadon City or Saffron City if I recall correctly.
    Ok, so A) The man is found in Pewter City next to the house near the East exit, not in any of the major cities, and B) I already got an item from the old man, and it sure wasn't the Silver Wing. Just to make things clear.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Ok, so A) The man is found in Pewter City next to the house near the East exit, not in any of the major cities, and B) I already got an item from the old man, and it sure wasn't the Silver Wing. Just to make things clear.

According to the github:

Lugia is in the Whirl Islands after you catch all three legendary birds and then get the Silver Wing in Victory Road.

Ho-Oh is atop the Bell Tower after you catch all three legendary beasts and then get the Rainbow Wing in Bell Tower.

If you ever need any help with finding anything, the github is invaluable and usually has all the info you need. https://github.com/roukaour/polishedcrystal

I found the info above by searching "silver wing" in the repository.

13xSz5d.png

Last edited:

NergyTheMighty

Years
  • According to the github:

Lugia is in the Whirl Islands after you catch all three legendary birds and then get the Silver Wing in Victory Road.

Ho-Oh is atop the Bell Tower after you catch all three legendary beasts and then get the Rainbow Wing in Bell Tower.

If you ever need any help with finding anything, the github is invaluable and usually has all the info you need. https://github.com/roukaour/polishedcrystal

I found the info above by searching "silver wing" in the repository.

13xSz5d.png
    Thanks for the help, Jason! ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2018
    I've been playing this Rom Hack and I have a Lv 46 Haunter I tried over 5 Calcium's and it still won't evolve is there any SPECIFIC way to get a gengar?

Back