• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

FIQ

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    The Magmortar issue wasn't actually related to Magmortar, and was apparently already fixed as part of other fixes. So it will be fixed in next beta release.

uchihamadada

Victory! Means Others Destruction!!
    Years
  • I don't know if this happened to someone else, but "Literally" I can't find to Entei and Suicune (Wich is roaming now because I defeat him during the battle in Tin tower)...I chased them using the pokedex, and using the classic strategy that consist in have a pkm in level 40 or lower in 1st place, and use repellents to guarantee that the pokemon will appear fast by walking in the grass...the problem is next:

Even in the right place, and walking for every centimeter of the grass, the pokemon never appears, and this happened on many routes over and over again, it should be clear that this did not happen with Raikou, who in fact had already found in the game, also...in an occasion, according to the pokedex Entei and Suicune were in the same route that I, and after countless minutes chasing them... none appeared

I finally finished the chase, frustrated ... and without any repellents

Years
  • I don't know if this happened to someone else, but "Literally" I can't find to Entei and Suicune (Wich is roaming now because I defeat him during the battle in Tin tower)...I chased them using the pokedex, and using the classic strategy that consist in have a pkm in level 40 or lower in 1st place, and use repellents to guarantee that the pokemon will appear fast by walking in the grass...the problem is next:

Even in the right place, and walking for every centimeter of the grass, the pokemon never appears, and this happened on many routes over and over again, it should be clear that this did not happen with Raikou, who in fact had already found in the game, also...in an occasion, according to the pokedex Entei and Suicune were in the same route that I, and after countless minutes chasing them... none appeared

I finally finished the chase, frustrated ... and without any repellents

I can confirm this... Exactly the same happened to me. I caught Raikou but couldn't find the other beasts.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    There's a typo in the newly added Valencia Island text. It says "They're a mother and her daughter... or mayber her son?"

uchihamadada

Years
  • I found these awesome sprites! Maybe some of them are useful to you Rangi...like that Pikachu with cap, or Alolan Muk (because now he is poison/dark)...grettings! :)

Attachments

• Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)
      NCwqMZo.png
      4.2 KB · Views: 17
      nDEWrGt.png
      4 KB · Views: 11
      TeiCQFT.png
      2 KB · Views: 303
      TBCMY0V.png
      4 KB · Views: 14
      mer6x5n.png
      4.1 KB · Views: 27
      XRfiqPI.png
      2.2 KB · Views: 5
      uSjd2BB.png
      2.9 KB · Views: 9
      URZTnSM.png
      3.9 KB · Views: 7
      TinTlIC.png
      1.9 KB · Views: 302
      np9an7W.png
      4.2 KB · Views: 13
      W4R73E4.png
      3.9 KB · Views: 5
      KfQFbw5.png
      4.2 KB · Views: 14
      ZlKhsks.png
      3.9 KB · Views: 7
      VgdiL3K.png
      1.9 KB · Views: 300
      lSdTjtC.png
      2.1 KB · Views: 299
      h8wA1Gv.png
      3.8 KB · Views: 7
      DcqqHP6.png
      1.9 KB · Views: 304
      dxjtXlU.png
      3.4 KB · Views: 8
      EnwHaY9.png
      3.5 KB · Views: 6
      iu27zIw.png
      2 KB · Views: 301
      csRZKRY.png
      5.5 KB · Views: 4
      c47DGr2.png
      2 KB · Views: 301
      B6ZCH5L.png
      5 KB · Views: 7
      aapErue.png
      1.9 KB · Views: 301
      aa3p6HF.png
      2 KB · Views: 295
      58Io8Cw.png
      4.1 KB · Views: 4
      9NdRv3P.png
      3.4 KB · Views: 9
      7VB63Sl.png
      4.8 KB · Views: 5
      6odxJzc.png
      4.1 KB · Views: 10
      1BKTxHz.png
      2 KB · Views: 297
      1nxIrXI.png
      6.3 KB · Views: 11

uchihamadada

Years
  • aren't these for gba graphics though?
    That´s right, but even that way...I think they are useful, I mean, at least to be taken as base concepts for possible future considerations (talking about the art works). Of Course I would think that there is an editing tool capable of converting GBA graphics to GBC easily

It wouldn't be terribly hard to devamp them down to GBC graphics, I would think.
    Exactly! I hope so...

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2017
    Hey man sorry but at least I got to ask, I have a request. Do you happen to own the patch that expands the pokemon sprites/mini icons on the party to 251 that works for pokemon crystal? I have that patch but it only works for pokemon gold and I need it for crystal, I suppose it's the same patch you used for polished crystal. Could you pass that patch for pokemon crystal. Thanks a lot. Big fan.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2024
    I'm really enjoying this hack! I was wondering if my suggestion could be considered. For 4.X you could add the island that the new johto league and was built on from glazed as bark island (with a battle factory or something instead of the league (whose inclusion would be a major anachronism and/or wrong timeline )) and it's victory road (minus the "skip stairs" in the first room (maybe they haven't been carved yet?) ).
    You'd get there south of the west end of route 27 via "Bark Seaway" (Renamed Route 49 from glazed) which would require having dive (as in glazed) to traverse (the victory road would be renamed to something more logical, of course) the victory road would require rock climb to navigate. I think that this would be a nice way of having another battle facility in johto while being a referance to another hack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2024
    Hey Rangi,

After playing for a while and checking with GH I came to notice that Metal Sound is a move that can only really be taken advantage by the Magnemite line, since the Kabuto one and Skarmory have pitiful Special Attack stats. I know it's late in the development but would you consider swapping it for something else?

I'm aware that you've rejected this proposal before but would you replace Sand Attack with something else and have Mud Slap take it's place in movesets? My reasoning for this is the fact that is a very low-powered move that stops being even remotely relevant past the second gym, and that there are no special ground type attackers to take advantage of it with STAB.

Similarly, IMO Fairy Wind is a bit redundant and could be replaced in its entirety by Disarming Voice (which is better due to the fact that it never misses). I guess the only advantage it has is that it can be used to attempt to flinch with a King's Rock, but then again, the same can be done with Dazzling Gleam a bit later into the game.

My suggestions for replacements are:
    a, Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes (entry hazards are always great and makes Rapid Spin more relevant)
    b. Roost (would give Flying types a much-needed competitive boost, and could be used as the TM given by Falkner)
    c. Heavy Slam (since you're planning to make Low Kick work based on weight and it can be included in 6+ different families)
    d. Gyro Ball/Bulldoze (widespread compatibility)
    e. Autotomize (I know that Agility has sort of replaced it but it provides additional defense against Low Kick)
    f. Aurora Veil (maybe too much of a stretch since only Articuno, Jynx and Glaceon would learn it -in Faithful, at least- but Ice types desperately need some love...)

P.S.: Psychic (the move) is currently listed as a Status move; is that a mistake?

uchihamadada

Years
  • Hey Rangi,

After playing for a while and checking with GH I came to notice that Metal Sound is a move that can only really be taken advantage by the Magnemite line, since the Kabuto one and Skarmory have pitiful Special Attack stats. I know it's late in the development but would you consider swapping it for something else?

I'm aware that you've rejected this proposal before but would you replace Sand Attack with something else and have Mud Slap take it's place in movesets? My reasoning for this is the fact that is a very low-powered move that stops being even remotely relevant past the second gym, and that there are no special ground type attackers to take advantage of it with STAB.

Similarly, IMO Fairy Wind is a bit redundant and could be replaced in its entirety by Disarming Voice (which is better due to the fact that it never misses). I guess the only advantage it has is that it can be used to attempt to flinch with a King's Rock, but then again, the same can be done with Dazzling Gleam a bit later into the game.

a, Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes (entry hazards are always great and makes Rapid Spin more relevant)
    b. Roost (would give Flying types a much-needed competitive boost, and could be used as the TM given by Falkner)
    c. Heavy Slam (since you're planning to make Low Kick work based on weight and it can be included in 6+ different families)
    e. Autotomize (I know that Agility has sort of replaced it but it provides additional defense against Low Kick)
    f. Aurora Veil (maybe too much of a stretch since only Articuno, Jynx and Glaceon would learn it -in Faithful, at least- but Ice types desperately need some love...)

P.S.: Psychic (the move) is currently listed as a Status move; is that a mistake?
    Well, I really think this sounds very logical, I'm totally agree, in addition an interesting attack to see would be "Shell Smash" (to Cloyster, Omastar, Shuckle and Magcargo...also Rangi, maybe you can add this move for Blastoise).

Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Most of my updates lately have been going on the new Polished Crystal Discord server. However, here's something to look at: a music player!

Pokémon Polished Crystal (update 2.2.0)

It's mostly copied from Sanqui's player for FroggestSpirit's Crystal Complete. I may extend its features in the future.

Hey Rangi,

Well, I really think this sounds very logical, I'm totally agree, in addition an interesting attack to see would be "Shell Smash" (to Cloyster, Omastar, Shuckle and Magcargo...also Rangi, maybe you can add this move for Blastoise).

These are some excellent suggestions. Here's what I think I'll do:

• Remove Sand-Attack, Metal Sound, Fairy Wind, and Submission.
    • Add Roost, Toxic Spikes, Close Combat, and Bulldoze.
    • Edit learnsets to replace Sand-Attack with Mud-Slap, Fairy Wind with Disarm Voice, and Submission with Close Combat.
    • Replace TM31 Mud-Slap with Roost, which Falkner gives you.
    • Add a 27th move tutor for Bulldoze.

Last edited:

uchihamadada

Years
  • These are some excellent suggestions. Here's what I think I'll do:

• Remove Sand-Attack, Metal Sound, Fairy Wind, and Submission.
    • Add Roost, Toxic Spikes, Close Combat, and Bulldoze.
    • Edit learnsets to replace Sand-Attack with Mud-Slap, Fairy Wind with Disarm Voice, and Submission with Close Combat.
    • Replace TM31 Mud-Slap with Roost, which Falkner gives you.
    • Add a 27th move tutor for Bulldoze.

Simply AWESOME!!! Sounds Great for me Rangi!!
    By the way, nice work with this!! {:3}

Attachments

Ampharos.png
      9.4 KB · Views: 28
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2023
    That music player looks amazing! I can't believe just how much work you're putting into this prior to 3.0's release. Is each song going to have question marks until you reach the point in the game where it's used? Sort of like the way Mother 3 handles it? If not then that makes sense, but it would be cool.

Also, I looked up the Crystal Complete stuff after you posted about it. The thought of having a functional pokeradar is so hype! It was always one of my favourite things about D/P/Pt ...less so in X/Y where they kinda ruined it. Are you going to re-add Voltorb Flip to the game corner? That might have already happened and I just didn't notice.

EDIT: Rangi, I added a bit more stuff to the dialogue page.

Last edited:
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    That music player looks amazing! I can't believe just how much work you're putting into this prior to 3.0's release. Is each song going to have question marks until you reach the point in the game where it's used? Sort of like the way Mother 3 handles it? If not then that makes sense, but it would be cool.

Also, I looked up the Crystal Complete stuff after you posted about it. The thought of having a functional pokeradar is so hype! It was always one of my favourite things about D/P/Pt ...less so in X/Y where they kinda ruined it. Are you going to re-add Voltorb Flip to the game corner? That might have already happened and I just didn't notice.

EDIT: Rangi, I added a bit more stuff to the dialogue page.

Does Mother 3 let you play the music even if it's not unlocked? That I could do, and just hide the title. Skipping it entirely would involve rewriting the player.

Voltorb Flip can wait until 3.1. As for Pokéradar, where did you get that idea? I don't plan to add it and don't see it in Crystal Complete. How would it even work without the DS's dual screens?

Back