• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon R/S/E: Legends

How should the battle system be like?

• Regular but with backgrounds and a few other things added

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Isometric view and have a battle like pokemon stadium/coliseum with arenas and stuff.

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I Hope Darthjarjar Updates soon. I don't want this game to go into the Abyss.

Nitram

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2009
    Dont worry theres been updaes just he never posted them yet.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I'll post them up in a few days, i was taking a little break from this for a while since i was busy with other stuff. but like i said before theres gonna be load of new stuff in the next update, so dont think there isnt any, it will just take some time to pull everything together.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Fair Enough DJJ. I got what you sent Me. (Have you got The Building Ones? If you have, I maybe able to help make other routes and things)

I'll be checking back later. What other routes have you completed so far?

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    when a few more stuff is done, ill be able to map up to rustboro city, ive been had roxxane done, and i have some NPC's so that town will be good, but i have to wait for some more stuff to be done like the rest of petalburg.

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
    Years
    keep it up. i think this will be the start of the new generation pokemon. ISO isn't as hard as people first think, the hardest part would be coloring. nice job and i am looking forward to seeing more!

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    pepsi.max said:
    keep it up. i think this will be the start of the new generation pokemon. ISO isn't as hard as people first think, the hardest part would be coloring. nice job and i am looking forward to seeing more!

Actually Shading Is Easy and Simple. I find getting the angle right difficult.

I can't wait for the next update! *SCREAMS* Gah! I need it!

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
    Years
    Maneachicken said:
    Actually Shading Is Easy and Simple. I find getting the angle right difficult.

I can't wait for the next update! *SCREAMS* Gah! I need it!

shading is rather simple on say a building but doing it with other things it can be hard. getting the angle right is easy. just follow the ISO Star!!!

ISO Star:
    Pokémon R/S/E: Legends

But anyway. yeh i can't wait for an update. how far can you actually walk now? and can you battle yet? :D you should release another walk demo of where your upto now, or just cut it back so we cant get that far. keep it up

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Saves the Star!!!

Yay! But now you have to get the PKMN in proportion...

I hope we can battle now...That'd be a very good update.

Years
    I just want to say that what you've done so far is fantastic, but I'm having a problem playing the demos. When I click on the engine icon
    it comes up with Error: Could not initialize video subsystem. Does anyone know how to sort this problem out as I really want to play what's been done so far.

Last edited:

aKaDeMiKs

Kiss my pixels
    Years
    This is something else indeed!

It seems difficult to pull off but it looks like you have the skill, very impressive.

Take your time, this is unique and surely to be a hit.

How are you going about the battle system too?

The only thing I can suggest is adding things like small plants or rocks etc around the map to eliminate bland spaces and give the maps a warm ''fuller'' feeling.

Excellent work.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    thnx and yeah i will, the maps you see were incomplete, so of course theres gonna be flowers and stuff in them, and yes this is difficult to work on, the battle system will be the same as the original with some new features added to it, but there isnt a full one around yet, it will be done later not now,there has to be characters and items into the game before there can be a battle system...and it will take a while to do...
    but some people dont seem to realize that, and African Raptor im not sure what the problem is, what kind of computer do you have? MAC or windows?

As for an update, i have all the tiles for rustboro complete, so that town will be done soon.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I can help you make the town if you send me the Tiles through PM. You already sent the route ones.

Does the Game have an Isometric Overworld for Wild Grass yet?

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    maneachicken, the ones i sent you had the wild grass, route grass, and town grass.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    edguitar i pm'ed you back, anyway african raptor, can you tell me exactly you how you dowloaded/opened the folder via PM?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back