• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon R/S/E: Legends

How should the battle system be like?

• Regular but with backgrounds and a few other things added

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Isometric view and have a battle like pokemon stadium/coliseum with arenas and stuff.

Votes: 36 76.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    darthjarjar said:
    maneachicken, the ones i sent you had the wild grass, route grass, and town grass.

So It does.

Hopefully with any luck We'll bneable to see the grass and battle opening sequence in action. I'll PM you the Idea I have.

EDIT: Made a Diglett. Hope you guys like it!

Last edited:

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I Not making the Intro... I wasn't talking about THE intro, but, you know when you go into a battle, you walk into the grass, the music goes and the screen fades or does a pokeball. I was thinking of the Pokemon Appearing, Just doing its Standing sequence, for example, the one i did for diglett. The Muisc stops, the pokemon is seen doing its move in front of the trainer, and the pokemon does its cry.

Little update for my Help.

The Diglett movement and the magnemite one Im doing dont have the right colours because the animator i use only supports GIF. I believe that the one DJJ Uses supports PNG files. I'll post up the little shhet thing later, or edit my post, and you guys can animate it to your extent.

Meanwhile, the diglett in GIF format again.

and its sprite Sheet... Made by Myself...

View attachment 34506 (Click for Bigger Image)

I'll Fully Animate it soon!

Last edited:

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I dont get the idea your talking about, it sounds like the battle system is iso which it's not
    anyway the diglett is alright, but the things that are wrong with is you used actual black on it...never use actual black on a sprite(or this style in this case), and there isnt a dark outline around it either, but that can be fixed easily, thnx for it, but please, tell me what your making next time before you make it(i already have a magnemite from a while back, so all i have to do is edit it), and the intro im still thinkin about, but i dont need any help with it at the moment, nor the battle system.
    btw im making a tutorial soon on how to make people/NPC's in the game's style since most people are having trouble doin this. so it will be easier for people

Last edited:

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    No... Not an Isometric Battle system. For Wild Pokemon, when you enter the grass, and Find a Pokemon, The background Music stops, the Pokemon appears, does its little overworld movement (Flaps wings like zubat, Bobs like Diglett) its cry is heard and you go into the battle system which is normal.

If you get my jist.

and yeah. Can you fix the Diglett? Its a better angle Though, isn't it?

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    yeah the angle is perfect, but if you wnatto do anymore sprites wait until i make a tutorial, and the pokemon will move around anyway when you run into it so it doenst need to move again when its already moving before you enter the battle, if you get what im sayin

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Yeah. I get it. So, the Pokes are already moving in the overworlds? and srt of, they randomly reappear when you leave the map and return to it?

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Sigma said:
    Oh!, thats great, good work =]

I Bet you joined, just to say that.

abd Getting used to it being in Isometric. For me its a welcomed change, and it'll offer something different for the Traditional Player.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Maneachicken said:
    Yeah. I get it. So, the Pokes are already moving in the overworlds? and srt of, they randomly reappear when you leave the map and return to it?

for example when you go inside of a cave you will see zubat flying around and when you touch it, you will go into a battle, when the battle's over, it will dissapear. when you leave the room, and come back, another zubat will be there, so its pretty much similar to other rpgs like star ocean on how you run into pokemon in this game, but not all pokemon will be like that, just some, the rest will be in grass and such.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    But when you leave the Map/Cave, its kinda random what Pokemon appears back there, what level etc???

What Pokes do you need for the first few routes?

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    havnet fully decided yet, im may just make the pokemon respawn when you leave the whole cave..ill have to put more thought into it though, and the pokemon i need for the first few routes i have already, so none are needed for right now.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    fair enough. Are you gonna show us a few animated ones soon?

I like making simple overworlds... heheh.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Only in the game, not posting my sprites here....
    But youll have to wait, you gonna ruin the game for yourself if you know how everything is gonna be like, i want to suprise some people with some stuff.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Fair enough dude. It would spoil it. If you have msn, I can speak to you on there about making things and helping out?

pepsi.max

[ game designer ]
    Years
    i dont terribly like your idea maneachicken, it could be used but it wouldn't b my style. i dont like the idea of making pokemon walk around. i know its only for a few but i think it would get annoying. i was gonna say something.... argh! i forgot. o well. you not posting screens anymore?

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I don't mean walk. I just mean they appear, do thier Standing Pose (Breathing) and then the normall Battle system composes.

darthjarjar

Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Maneachicken said:
    I don't mean walk. I just mean they appear, do thier Standing Pose (Breathing) and then the normall Battle system composes.
    I think i was already gonna do that..but ill see when ill do it.

anyway good news, i have a small update, i started over route 102, redid the map and everything, it looks alot better now, and i added a lake and grass to it, it looks very similar to the gba version, its not finished yet, but it looks nice so far, finishing it later:
    https://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e199/dasuspect/route102.png
    I also got some new screens of it:

it will be finished later on, so until next update

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back