• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    Guess I got really unlucky then.
    And I saw a what Im assuming is a bug. Its that gunk shot hit when I was in the first turn of Fly

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/No_Guard_(Ability)

Spoiler:

the double battle is a known bug, please read the bug reports before reporting

When you say this game "will not work on real hardware", does that include real GBAs themselves? It's an obvious dealbreaker if a GBA hack can't be played on GBA, considering it'll break emulation at some undetermined future point.

that is the reason this hack is being recreated from scratch lol

KevinSephiroth

Captain of the undead army
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    the double battle is a known bug, please read the bug reports before reporting

Yeah well you should put it more plainly cause I don't see it as of now:

Trying to catch a Pokemon in a Double wild battle while your other Pokemon is locked into a Choice move will lead to an infinite loop, soft locking the game
    Your game may get soft locked in Double battles with the text "There's no PP left for this move left."

It's neither random nor while trying to catch anything nor is it while holding a Choice item at all.

It's very reproducible:
    Just put a pokemon with 0 PP left in its first move into 2nd position, press FLEE during any wild double battle and enjoy 😅

You should add it as a warning for others at least, it's not random at all lol

----------------

Thanks bro.

You can see which Pokemon has which held item in its common (50% chance) and rare slot (5% chance) in one of the docs by the way.

Last edited:
    Years
    Yeah well you should put it more plainly cause I don't see it as of now:

It's neither random nor while trying to catch anything nor is it while holding a Choice item at all.

It's very reproducible:
    Just put a pokemon with 0 PP left in its first move into 2nd position, press FLEE during any wild double battle and enjoy 😅

You should add it as a warning for others at least, it's not random at all lol

----------------

You can see which Pokemon has which held item in its common (50% chance) and rare slot (5% chance) in one of the docs by the way.

it's already a warning in 2.0; i've already plastered it on known bugs so i've no idea what you want lmao it's a 2 week old beta ffs

KevinSephiroth

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    it's already a warning in 2.0; i've already plastered it on known bugs so i've no idea what you want lmao it's a 2 week old beta ffs

Anyway, I was reading about Cursed Body and that reminded me something
    Cursed body sometimes disables the wrong move or no move at all.

Per Bulbapedia:
    When a Pokémon with this Ability is hit by a damaging move, there is a 30% chance that the Cursed Body will disable that move of the attacking Pokémon for 4 turns (including the turn Cursed Body activates).
    Cursed Body can activate even if the attacker is behind a substitute or if the Pokémon with Cursed Body is knocked out, but will not activate if the attack hits the substitute of the Pokémon with Cursed Body. [...]

I noticed that a lot of the time, Gengar get KO'd by a move, text box states that that specific move has been disabled / cursed.
    Next turn I send my next pokemon, he proceeds to gets hit by the same exact specific move LOL
    Shouldn't the Disable last for 4 turns? 😅
    I checked and nowhere does it say that the Cursed Body pokemon has to survive a hit for the Disable to go on for 3 more turns after the activation.

--------------
    By the way, is there a text file containing all the move tutor moves that each pokemon can learn?
    Or the new moves they get as Level Up (like Level 1) that they shouldn't learn.

I didn't see some of the changes/additions in changelogs, such as, for exemple:
    Gyarados able to learn Power Whip (Grass) from the Super Nerd move tutor in Cinnabar Island's Pokémon Lab (he shouldn't be able to)
    Keldeo able to learn Aura Sphere from that same move tutor as well, where he shouldn't be able to either
    Zapdos able to learn Bolt Beak as a Lv 1 move (!!) etc.

I guess those additions are supposed to be found in the New Learnsets, TM_HM, and Move Tutor compatibility.docx text file, but it wasn't updated to latest version to reflect its latest changes?

It's fine if there isn't a way to compile a text file for those changes. It's fun to check each move in the excitment to see if my mons are eligible :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Darn it's hard to beat Ariana and Archer in cerulean cave even with my best mons

KevinSephiroth

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    Darn it's hard to beat Ariana and Archer in cerulean cave even with my best mons

lol I'm exactly at that point. I grinded 350K by fishing Luvdiscs in Pallet Town and Thief'ing them for their 4,500$ Heart Scales;
    Now I got a perfect IVs Ditto, too bad you can't get Destiny Knot until after that battle (pass 5 IVs from combined parents' 12 at Day Care instead of 3).

Time to breed some over used mons such as Toxapex, Ferrothorn, Blaziken, maybe Lucario (can't get his Mega Stone for now though since I'm missing Swampert gift pokemon as of now)...

I didn't expect a romhack to make me resort to use entry hazards, removers, status etc.

Usually I just fish a Magikarp with the first Old Rod I get, babysit it until I get Gyarados, and with or without Moxie, a Dragon Dance or two with Waterfall, Crunch, Ice Fang/Earthquake would allow him to sweep the whole game alone LMAO

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Gonna have to try that strategy to get a riolu lol cause apparently I sold my amulet coin by accident

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
    All you need is good strategy.
    I mean my main team has an Ariados... an ARIADOS! And even with that I won that battle.

Main team: Ariados, Krookodile, Lapras, Florges, Talonflame, Ampharos.

KevinSephiroth

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    All you need is good strategy.
    I mean my main team has an Ariados... an ARIADOS! And even with that I won that battle.

Main team: Ariados, Krookodile, Lapras, Florges, Talonflame, Ampharos.

Yeah well usually Gyarados can sweep through most stuff alone still in this game.
    The only couple of difficult fights were like Giovanni with his sand team for example.

But in the Cerulean Cave case, you have TWO FIGHTS in a row, and they have a bunch of priority moves (Ice Shard, Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch...) plus the usual Rock Stealth entry hazards. Oh, and Choice Band/Scarf sweepers that can one shot you faster than you can move :D

Anyway, game just black screen locked right now when I was done EV training Toxapex, Ferrothorn and Greninja (all with 3-4 perfect IVs in the adequate stats) so yeah, there goes my 5 hours of playtime in the afternoon. Last save was in Rock Tunnel cave where I was searching for Ferroseed, before going to capture a Mareanie and farm Heart Scales ...

I'm just gonna use my usual mons, too lazy to farm again zzz

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    My current team is Greninja, Gardevoir, Mimikyu, Aegislash, Alolan Muk and Krookodile

KevinSephiroth

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    Well I just won easily with my usual pokemon in the end

Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Lv77 Rotom-Wash
    Timid/Levitate/Leftovers 252 S.Atk 252 Spd
    Astonish -> For the removal of Focus Sash + Flinch to prevent Stealth Rock;
    Hydro Pump -> one shot Mamoswine after Astonish, took one resisted Ice Shard for like 15 damage though xD
    Volt Switch
    Will-O-Wisp
    Died to Primeape's Close Combat

Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Lv79 Gyarados
    Jolly/Moxie/Choice Scarf 252 Atk 252 Spd and still was outsped by Primeape WTF, had 40/256 HP left after a crit Close Combat
    Aqua Fang -> one shot Primeape, then stayed on bench due to low HP
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Dragon Dance (should have replaced it with Power Whip or Ice Fang)

Lv74 Weavile went in vs Mimikyu to tank a resisted Shadow Sneak
    Jolly/Infiltrator/Choice Band 252 Atk 252 Spd
    Fake Out
    Triple Axel -> One shot Disguise'd Mimikyu LOL, also one shot Honchkrow
    Throat Chop
    Ice Shard

Lv79 Terrakion went in vs Mega-Houndoom to expect a Dark move but tanked Flamethrowers like a boss instead
    Jolly/Justified/Life Orb 252 Atk 252 Spd
    Stealth Rock
    Close Combat -> one shot Mega-Houndoom
    Stone Edge
    Swords Dance

2nd match
    Since lead Rotom-Wash is KO'd, Weavile was lead here
    One shot Honchkrow who did pitiful damage with crit Sucker Punch

Primarina switched in, I sent Keldeo in and got it one shot by Primarina's Fairy attack, but Weavile was Ice Choice locked in so yeah.
    (for info:

Lv70 Keldeo
    Timid/Justified/Choice Specs
    Hydro Pump
    Secret Sword
    Air Slash
    Hidden Power ICE )

Lv77 Mega-Gengar
    Timid/Shadow Trap/Gengarite 252 S.Atk 252 Spd
    Sludge Bomb -> One shot Primarina
    Hex -> Also one shot Jynx; did 55% of Mega-Mawile's HP
    Will-O-Wisp
    Substitute

vs Mega-Mawile
    Sent Terrakion to one shot it with a Close Combat lol

Easy

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2020
    I have one question, if I breed my Cyndaquil who doesn't have his Hidden Abillity with a Ditto with his hidden, is possible to born a Cyndaquil with his hidden?

And if not, is possible to get more Bottle Cap in the game?

See ya, luv your game

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
    I have one question, if I breed my Cyndaquil who doesn't have his Hidden Abillity with a Ditto with his hidden, is possible to born a Cyndaquil with his hidden?

And if not, is possible to get more Bottle Cap in the game?

See ya, luv your game

You can steal Bottle Caps from Delibirds at Seafoam.

Back