• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
  • It's pretty much nerfed Gale Wings but for fire type moves (only gives priority for fire type moves while at full HP). Just attack it with your own priority (e-speed or sucker punch) or use focus sash strat and you'll get through it

Thanks for the advice, was able to take care of him using my priority Grimmsnarl with Fake-Out, Sucker Punch combo. Took him out and the rest of the battle was mine.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Loving this rom so far.

Question: I heard Persian has Feline Power / Prowess? But it's not in the documented changes of 2.1 O.o

Can anyone confirm that it has it?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Loving this rom so far.

Question: I heard Persian has Feline Power / Prowess? But it's not in the documented changes of 2.1 O.o

Can anyone confirm that it has it?

Take the Persian to Saffron City. In the Fan Club next to the Pokemart are five Nerds around a table. Go to the top right one and give him a Bottle Cap (one for free in the Rocket Hideout and more can be farmed off Sandyghast/Trubbish, just make sure to have a Pokemon with Frisk ability and knows Thief/Covet) and that Nerd will swap to the Pokemon's Hidden Ability.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2023
    Finally finished my first ever run. What a really fun game.
    cmwNxdM.png

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2021
    Can someone please tell me how to evolve slowpoke-g into slowking-g please? I'm not seeing any info about it in the doc, only slowbro-g

BiggsBeLike

Biggs
    Years
  • unknown.png

After countless hours, I FINALLY got past this game with Steel Types only.

Overall, this was a fun game to play! Thank you for making a very challenging ROM hack that's different from past hacks and I hope to come back to this game in the near future :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Why can't I enter the safari zone? I have more than enough empty PC boxes. Yet, the guy always turns me down "Excuse me! Your PC Box is full."

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2023
    Nevermind. This makes absolutely NO sense, but you cannot enter the safari zone with a full team.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    https://imgur.com/EOMTCS1

Sun Team = easy mode

Typhlosion priority Eruption in Sunlight...wrecks pretty much anything. :D

Corsola can stall for days, with Eviolite she's an absurd mixed wall.

Torkoal for setting weather, stealth rocks and toxin.

Char-Y for weather and because stronk. Venusaur because he fits with Chlorophyll, wouldn't say he or Gyarados are needed though, so these are 2 flexible spots. Since I haven't played any Pokemon games since Gen IV there's probably tons of other options.

Feel free to improve or adapt it to your liking. :)

Overall, I'm glad I found this game. I stopped playing the Pokemon games because of how dumbed down and repetitive they were. This rom hack is epic, gave me a chance to re-visit my favorite childhood game and see all the new Pokemon that came out, while still having a challenge! What a blast!

I hope this game will continue to be further developed. Post game, please? :D

Thanks to the creators, you did an amazing job!

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    Hello, pleeasse, help me, my Korvisquire doesn't evolve, and is level 50, im playing last version.🖤🖤

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Hello, pleeasse, help me, my Korvisquire doesn't evolve, and is level 50, im playing last version.🖤🖤

10 more levels to go then. Corviknight was deemed too powerful to get it as early as Lvl 36 (or whenever it naturally evolves from Corvisquire) and soupercell changed it to 60.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    I've got a bug to report.
    I can't move (or input anything at all) after saving with mGBA emulator. Here's my savestate if that's of any help.
    I've lost all my progress, but what I hope is that it can be fixed and stop from happening to others in the future. Sorry if that was a emulator error

Years
  • I had the same problem. You have to disable L=A in the menus, otherwise the guy is unplayable. Just keep the default control scheme on.

Thank you by the way...Just what i did...Out of curiousity on how to solve this because i dont know what to do anymore and tried many times of patching same thing is the result.... until like what you have said..i just choose HELP and VIOLA finally...but it feels annoying that there is message at the bottom...BUT At least now the game is playable now on my GPSP and Visual Boy... by the way sir...choosing RANDOMIZED is better for legendaries as it is PROMPTED in the beginning or is it the same if i also didnt choose the RANDOMIZED just a normal game... i can still get the legendaries...i choosed RANDOMIZED then my starter is QUILAVA but lost at SHEDINJA unbeatable situation where NORMAL attacks doesnt work on ghost type and im level 5 no elemental attacks....SHIMATTA......

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2021
    I can say that this game is the best pokemon experience I ever had. The game makes you use lots of different pokemon and strategies to beat certain battles and finally I am capturing more than 6 pokemon. As my first ever rom hack, i am blown away by the quallity of it, truly wonderfull job.

But I can criticise as a more casual player (never nuzlocked, bad at smogon) that some of the bosses and instances of the game feel too hard compared with other parts of the game, you have gym leaders with megas before you but the average trainers have awful pokemon and no items (in the victory road I had a blast, some of the aces are challenging and it makes the game more consistent with the bosses difficulty) and by having the trainers like that it feels like walking boss to boss with no connection. I would also give out to the player more early on some methods to train their pokemon, it's unfair to have AI with perfect Ivs and megas meanwhile to stand a chance or you have to force good RNG or spend days farming Evs.
    Definitely the game can be improved, I would make the difficulty more consistent, but it's an amazing job and it has decent writing by doing justice to interesting characters that never developed in the og games. Had a blast! 9/10
    The End.jpg

Back