• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

RandomTrainer23

Gen 4 was always overrated.
Years
  • I have been trying to randomize this game using the Universal Pokemon Randomizer but for some reason, it keeps showing error messages while trying to save. Is there anything I am doing wrong or is the game supposed to function without UPR?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I have been trying to randomize this game using the Universal Pokemon Randomizer but for some reason, it keeps showing error messages while trying to save. Is there anything I am doing wrong or is the game supposed to function without UPR?

The game has a built in randomizer. Just start the game normally and when you're going down the stairs of the house, it'll ask if you want to enable it.

Sclammerz

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Been playing numerous ROM hacks lately, and I've been searching for a harder one and this one fits right in. I'm not a competitive player myself, starting this ROM hack was a pain but it was so fun. Thank you very much!

Due to my slow reflexes, I failed to capture my final team. My team consist of Luxray, Bronzong, Primarina, Garchomp (MVP), Breloom and Charizard.
    133461391_731067554212809_7319902786519603731_n.png

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Been playing numerous ROM hacks lately, and I've been searching for a harder one and this one fits right in. I'm not a competitive player myself, starting this ROM hack was a pain but it was so fun. Thank you very much!

Due to my slow reflexes, I failed to capture my final team. My team consist of Luxray, Bronzong, Primarina, Garchomp (MVP), Breloom and Charizard.

You can always do like I do and go to the Pokemon Center after the credits to check the Hall of Fame and screenshot there.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2020
    I'm absolutely loving this hack as a casual player. I'm up to Celadon and just beat Erika, only took me a couple tries to clear her.

I've got a question for more experienced players: how are people clearing this game so quickly? I'm using so many different Pokemon and using the speed-up function to quick train, which does make the in-game clock go faster, but it's at 80 hrs and I'm only on the 4th gym. Is it just maximizing IVs early on? Really specific EV training? It's just amazing to me people are able to clear the game with that sort of speed.

Years
  • I'm absolutely loving this hack as a casual player. I'm up to Celadon and just beat Erika, only took me a couple tries to clear her.

I've got a question for more experienced players: how are people clearing this game so quickly? I'm using so many different Pokemon and using the speed-up function to quick train, which does make the in-game clock go faster, but it's at 80 hrs and I'm only on the 4th gym. Is it just maximizing IVs early on? Really specific EV training? It's just amazing to me people are able to clear the game with that sort of speed.

No offense, but 80 hours at the fourth gym sounds like way too much time... I'm at 32 hours in and right about to start the Elite Four. I have a diverse rotating party of 12 main team members, and have caught about 190 mons caught so far. I'm playing the game on real hardware though.

Years
  • Quick question for those who have cleared the second batch of gym battles:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2021
    Quick question for those who have cleared the second batch of gym battles:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2020
    any know where to find Kubfu/urshifu? i found the information on evolving them in the evolution's changes using the dusk stone or water stone, but i haven't managed to find where to get it ?

Thegoldbrawler

DrProfBagel
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2021
    Dug up my old pokecommunity account to say EXCELLENT game! Had a blast binging it. The difficulty curve and pokemon diversity were awesome even if some fights had me grinding my teeth. Excited to see what new updates bring to the table. Keep up the great work!

GNud8GX.png

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2021
    any know where to find Kubfu/urshifu? i found the information on evolving them in the evolution's changes using the dusk stone or water stone, but i haven't managed to find where to get it ?

They can only be encountered through the randomizer mode afaik

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2022
    Can anyone provide any tips on the battle with rival in silph co.? I am hard struck there 🙁

I used a Prankster Pachirisu with Thunder Wave if I remember correctly. This Pachirisu was an MVP against most gym leaders for me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Apparently, Corviknight and Body Press are a cheesy combo (soupercell's words) and he decided to mitigate that by making Corvisquire evolve later.

Why not just make it a Level Up move for Corviknight instead of locking the evolution to mid-late game >.>

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2022
    Hello,

Seems like a lot of changes have happened in the latest version 2.1 that are not updated in the documentation.

Namely,

The Beedrillite is no longer in area 2 of the Safari Zone, Rookidee is no longer in route 22, and Corvisquire is no longer in route 9.

Can anyone help me out here?

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I was just talking out loud. How it was dealt with seems so backwards.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Can someone link me to the teams that the Radical Red elite 4 have? I've beaten the game, already, and am doing a monotype. You can put them in a spoiler or link me another thread.

Back