• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    pls add Hidden Grotto,Headbutt Tree and Side Quest that would be neat

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2021
    Just finished this hack today and had a pretty good time with it! I'd consider it significantly harder than a Drayano hack but not to the level of a Kaizo hack or something that seeks to troll the player actively - I enjoy Drayano's hacks immensely, but they get quite a bit easier and don't require heavy teambuilding thought. This hack gives you lots of options and tools to deal with the challenges at hand with the helpful NPCs, as well as a massive variety of viable Pokemon, many TMs and tutors, and the nature/EV/IV modifiers, which I appreciated.

More detailed wall of text review incoming, which one could also consider spoilers. Hall of fame team is also attached below.

Spoiler:

Aside from all that, I'm interested to see what you have in store for this game's postgame and future updates. It's definitely one of my favorite rebalancing/pokedex expansions on Fire Red that's out there as well as difficulty hacks in general. I'll end this post with a question: is there anything at all that changes after beating the Pokemon League I should go look at, knowing the Sevii Islands aren't implemented yet, even a gift NPC, or is the League the last of it? Regardless, thanks for the hack! Interested in what kind of savagery the postgame can provide.

Attachments

• Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
      hall.png
      21 KB · Views: 19
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Weird talked to the tamer didn't get the amulet coin and I know I didn't sell it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    on your up down right left button......press left to go back to normal menu and if u want to access it back press right (this was also my problem but i solved it)

Thank you i almost reset my save haha

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2024
    Where i can find the Red Shard ?? I really want a Delphox (and please give to Delphox Expanding Force in the future)

KevinSephiroth

Captain of the undead army
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    normally a lax incense is necessary to get a munchlax which is not available in this game. this will be fixed next patch, munchlax is currently unobtainable (along with a lot of other baby pokemon)

Changelog from 1.10 to 1.11 said:
    Removed need for incense to breed for Munchlax/Happiny/Bonsly etc

Welp, this killed my Azumarill chain breeding. I was aiming to make one with Aqua Jet & Belly Drum through breeding,
    now all I get is Azurill ... Who can't learn any of those in Gen VII. I'm screwed.

How can I turn off this "feature" so I can get my Azumarill as usual instead of Azurill who's supposed to required Sea Incense ?

Otherwise the hack's pretty fun to play.

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    how can i have a greninja with battle bond?

as i supposed u get the gift greninja and go to teh guys who change ability for Ablity pill i think?
    the location is either saffron or cleadon (i don't remeber location)

Years
    Where i can find the Red Shard ?? I really want a Delphox (and please give to Delphox Expanding Force in the future)
    wild slugma holds them you can find them in mt moon

Welp, this killed my Azumarill chain breeding. I was aiming to make one with Aqua Jet & Belly Drum through breeding,
    now all I get is Azurill ... Who can't learn any of those in Gen VII. I'm screwed.

How can I turn off this "feature" so I can get my Azumarill as usual instead of Azurill who's supposed to required Sea Incense ?

Otherwise the hack's pretty fun to play.

Thanks in advance.

i'll just add aqua jet and belly drum to azurill's egg moves in 2.0

How do I evolve Type Null?
    high friendship

KevinSephiroth

Captain of the undead army
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2021
    i'll just add aqua jet and belly drum to azurill's egg moves in 2.0

Awesome! I found the egg move tutor in Fuchsia City, sadly he doesn't offer those moves for Azumarill.

He did offer Throat Chop for Weavile, which I would otherwise would have had to level up Litten to Incineroar and Move Remind him that move since it's a Level 1 move.
    What determines which egg moves are offered by that tutor? I tried for each of my pokemon but the selection seems limited compared to the quantity of egg moves available for each pokemon in Gen VII.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Now... I'm against Koga's 1st pokemon: Swellow (Base Stats: 75 Special Attack, 125 Speed)

HE ONE SHOTS each of pokemon of comparable level with Boom Burst (Normal type, Special attack)...

I ran simulations in the calc at pokemonshowdown site, and the only way for him to one shot each of my pokemon would be:
    A/ my mons have terrible Special Def IVs (this is not the case they all have C+ or B minimum)
    B/ Swellow has BOTH AERILATE AND SCRAPPY which is not possible (he does have Scrappy since he can hit my Gengar like he wasn't a ghost !)

EDIT/
    After 5 or 6 resets my Gyarados, who has the best Special Defense and HP in my team, finally survived with 1% HP O_O
    And he's only one level below Swellow, so that sure as hell doesn't account for the massive damage he took (I know the damage formula takes into account user and target's levels difference)
    Weird stuff. He should survive 100% of the time with that amount of HP, not once in 6 tries O_o

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2020
    The only things that I can't find at all, aside from the unimplemented Legendaries, are Nosepass, Probopass, Chimecho, Chingling, Cherubi, Cherrim, and Carnivine. Unown is also unavailable, but I expect it'll be in the Sevii Islands in its normal location.

Also, is it at all possible to implement a better way to get Fossils? I'm literally only missing Tirtouga and needing to wait a day only to potentially get a dupe is frustrating as FUCK.

Oh, and Max Phantasm breaks the HUD's palette.

Last edited:
    Years
    The only things that I can't find at all, aside from the unimplemented Legendaries, are Nosepass, Probopass, Chimecho, Chingling, Cherubi, Cherrim, and Carnivine. Unown is also unavailable, but I expect it'll be in the Sevii Islands in its normal location.

Also, is it at all possible to implement a better way to get Fossils? I'm literally only missing Tirtouga and needing to wait a day only to potentially get a dupe is frustrating as FUCK.

Oh, and Max Phantasm breaks the HUD's palette.

nosepass can be found breaking rocks in rock tunnel, the others are unobtainable and will be obtainable next patch (Barring Unown).

I'll try to add a better way to get fossils. The Max Phantasm is a known CFRU glitch and may be fixed in the future.

Swellow has BOTH AERILATE AND SCRAPPY which is not possible (he does have Scrappy since he can hit my Gengar like he wasn't a ghost !)
    I hope you can reread that statement for a brief second and you'll probably find your answer

Last edited:
    Back