• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2020
    I do think that Eirika is juuuuuuuust a tad too powerful for the resources available to you, especially if you didn't pick Charizard. I feel similarly about Surge, but for him it's mostly that you don't have a good place to level without sequence breaking to Rock Tunnel.

Oh, and could you, like, not use ableist slurs please? I'm specifically talking about the dumbass Jojo fan. You can get that across without a slur.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I can't beat Erika. Her Mega Venu is unstoppable, always sweeps through my team. I've been having a good time with this hack, but I might stop. I changed my team so much but I still lose one way or another. It's not even fair anymore.

I was able to beat her, but I'm on a Fire monotype, run, so there's no way I couldn't beat her. You can get Fletchling in the wild before Erika, so that's an obvious recommendation. Salandit's at Route 9 at night, Salazzle will help with at least Meganium and Serperior.

I've come to accept that this hack is just not feasible with one team, even with a Fire monotype, I've had to change my team several times in order to match up better with a major trainer. I think the hack gives enough options, but not too much too early. By the time you make it to Saffron, then Fuchsia, then you can surf outside of battle, you get more and more options. Essentially you're playing this hack for the the increasing amount of quality-of-life goodies, meanwhile the difficulty seems to scale by that. So by the time you can get the Power items and EV train in a more streamlined fashion, as well as get access to all the move tutors and useful NPCs by this point, things ramp up, again.

Anyway, keep trying.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
    So my male pikachu and male gabite keep having bulbasaur eggs when I leave them in the daycare.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    I was able to beat her, but I'm on a Fire monotype, run, so there's no way I couldn't beat her. You can get Fletchling in the wild before Erika, so that's an obvious recommendation. Salandit's at Route 9 at night, Salazzle will help with at least Meganium and Serperior.

I've come to accept that this hack is just not feasible with one team, even with a Fire monotype, I've had to change my team several times in order to match up better with a major trainer. I think the hack gives enough options, but not too much too early. By the time you make it to Saffron, then Fuchsia, then you can surf outside of battle, you get more and more options. Essentially you're playing this hack for the the increasing amount of quality-of-life goodies, meanwhile the difficulty seems to scale by that. So by the time you can get the Power items and EV train in a more streamlined fashion, as well as get access to all the move tutors and useful NPCs by this point, things ramp up, again.

Anyway, keep trying.

I definitely agree with you on this bit. My initial playthrough was in the first version before the gen 8 additions. Thankfully, i only had to switch out a few mons, Simipour for Greninja, Roserade for Tangrowth, and Alolan Persian for something else. I think it's also essential to have decent IVs in order to reap the maximum of benefit from Ev training, as a result i had to breed all my mons with at least 3 perfect IVs. A solution to this could be catching a Ditto, maxing out its IVs and using a Destiny knot, the only downside to this strategy is that you get the knot and power items much later.

I think a dope addition would be a stat scanner item which is given early game to keep track of the EVs collected right from the start.

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2020
    Hey, I'm really enjoying this. I noticed there might be a small bug. There's a Team Rocket Grunt on Silph Co Floor 8 right next to the stairs with a Drapion that still knows Wing Attack.

Years
    Version 2.0c
    Changelog 2.0b to 2.0c
    compatible with previous saves from anything from version 2.0 on. not compatible with save states. as usual please check FAQ on how to update to a newer version.
    there isn't any additional content with this update, just more bug fixes, some more QOL, and a couple new TMs.

new QOL additions: Lucky Egg boost bumped up again from 2x to 2.5x, added Exp Share item that toggles EXP share, stat Scanner item that shows your Pokemon's IVs/EVs. Brendan gives both after first rival battle; if you've already done it the fat guy NPC in Pewter can also give it to you.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    i have an question is there will be again an huge update on this game ? (i really want to play it but i want it to be completed to the fullest)
    thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Is 2.0c compatible with 2.0 saves or will I have to restart again?

Last edited:
    Years
    i have an question is there will be again an huge update on this game ? (i really want to play it but i want it to be completed to the fullest)
    thanks in advance!

any update from here on forth should be compatible with 2.0

How do we get our HoF team added to the list of screenies?
    i don't bother updating the hall of fame list anymore since there's simply too many now, but if you'd like to post yours I could add it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Played the game and loved it even more than before. love most of the gen 8 mons and love the changes and buffs that were done to mons and also the changes to some gym leader which made them either harder or due to my team comp easier to deal with. the only fights that i will still call super hard or really tough would be Agatha which is the hardest E4 for me, and the double battles with allies and the legendary raids which honestly are super fun and challenging. Thank you for creating such an awesome game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    For 2.0 I can't find the Power up hit tm at all it says I got it but I don't have it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2020
    I absolutely love this rom! Tbh... I'd tie this with pokemon gaia! It's that good and I've been waiting for a rom like this for a long time. Thank you!!!! Butttttt, I do have one question... How exactly are we supposed to beat your insanely high leveled pokemon? I mean maybe with a endeavor rattata... but that doesn't include the ghost type. Could you lend me a hand?

Years
    I absolutely love this rom! Tbh... I'd tie this with pokemon gaia! It's that good and I've been waiting for a rom like this for a long time. Thank you!!!! Butttttt, I do have one question... How exactly are we supposed to beat your insanely high leveled pokemon? I mean maybe with a endeavor rattata... but that doesn't include the ghost type. Could you lend me a hand?

uhhhhh just a hint, that battle doesn't require any sort of strategy it's supposed to be a joke lol
    glad you're enjoying it though pal :)

zman97

zman day
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    i hope you can add legendary gym that you can play against randomly with gym leaders from previous versions

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    This hack is amazing, I'm loving it. But I have two silly questions. Where is Jasmine? I've beaten Koga and found Pryce but couldn't find Jasmine.
    I know that the two Snorlax hold Leftovers but I accidentally killed one (lol, my bad I know, I was distracted) and I would love to have another Leftovers, is there a way to get a third one? Thanks in advance and I'm having a blast playing this game :)

Back