• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    I hope someone can respond quickly, how do I evolve any of the trade evolutions? In my case I have an alolan Graveller and need Alolan Golem

Check the docs in the gdrive folder (link in the first post).
    In the case of Golem, it's Link Cable, which you can buy in the Celadon mart.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2020
    Weather rocks are rarely held by usual weather setters. In Damp Rock's case, it's held by wild Pelipper.

Thanks so much!

Also could the move relearner and egg move tutor be added to the move tutors doc?

Could anyone tell me where the egg tutor is?

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Thanks so much!

Also could the move relearner and egg move tutor be added to the move tutors doc?

Could anyone tell me where the egg tutor is?
    Egg move tutor is in Fuchsia, same place as the gym.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2020
    Egg move tutor is in Fuchsia, same place as the gym.

Thanks again.

Tried to teach my marowak (alola) headsmash via egg move ttutor but it wasn't available, despite it being listed in the "all pkm changes" doc?

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2022
    Finished the game today, and I just wanted to thank you guys immensely for giving me the most challenging, but rewarding ROM Hack experience I've ever had! It was insanely difficult, I've lost count of how many times I ragequit, but in the end, the game taught me how to be a better Pokémon player, taking more things into consideration when building my team, such as adding good tanks and carefully choose EV spreads, instead of relying solely on type coverage, powerful Pokémon and luck. I hope you're really making the post-game, because I'm very excited for it!

Congrats on your work! And if it's not asking too much, please add a better money-farming method (Meowth won't give me enough Nuggets).

Years
  • Finished the game today, and I just wanted to thank you guys immensely for giving me the most challenging, but rewarding ROM Hack experience I've ever had! It was insanely difficult, I've lost count of how many times I ragequit, but in the end, the game taught me how to be a better Pokémon player, taking more things into consideration when building my team, such as adding good tanks and carefully choose EV spreads, instead of relying solely on type coverage, powerful Pokémon and luck. I hope you're really making the post-game, because I'm very excited for it!

Congrats on your work! And if it's not asking too much, please add a better money-farming method (Meowth won't give me enough Nuggets).
    raids near the endgame give a ton of expensive items and should more than suffice for money-farming.

Is 2.0c compatible with 2.0a/b?

yes

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2022
    Finished the game today, was very happy with the difficulty changes, pokemon buffs and overall QOL updates.
    How do I re-activate dens? I plan on completing the dex next.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    ok i just started playing this game again and why does my bulbasaur which is lvl 15 not gaining exp!

EDIT: I'm very very dumb someone told me about the lvl cap

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2020
    Just finished the game!

Positive Feedback:
    • Absolutely fantastic hack- easily up there with Gaia and Renegade Plat as one of the best- huge congratulations to the devs

• Difficulty was very welcome, loved the level cap, level scaling on the leader rematches and dumbass kids, forced set, no items etc.

• Really appreciated the changes that let you customise your team e.g. nature changer, IV perfector, egg tutor, stat scanner- all fantastic stuff and I wish more hacks had this

• So many wonderful thoughtful touches e.g. E4 members offering to heal your team after you beat them and the pokeball changer NPC to name a few

• Loved the buffs to weaker mons- I used Castform (very cool with damp rock, weather ball, Hurricane and Thunder) and Gogoat (a pretty formidable tank with its buffed 123/72/87 Defences)

Constructive Criticism:
    • Some of the mons used by boss trainers really didn't fit thematically. For example, Sabrina with
    Spoiler:
    , Giovani with
    Spoiler:
    , Lance with
    Spoiler:
    and your rival (champion battle) with
    Spoiler:
    - (like wtf did he just pop over to Hoenn whilst you were in Victory road?!)
    Definitely felt like these mons were just put there for difficulty with a complete disregard for thematics. This was a shame as it took me out of a lot of these battles and I'd just roll my eyes. I'm not oppose to boss trainers having legendries e.g. Brendon with
    Spoiler:
    was great but it should really make sense thematically.

• The Mewtwo team rocket event was neat but I felt it was let down by crappy writing- especially after the battle. Dialogue was poorly written, cringey and was incongruous with previous characterisation and dialogue of the game (few other instances of poor writing as well).

• The ai could really do with some improvements. It's definitely different from the originals and at times appears smart. For example, switching a flash fire mon into a fire attack was pretty cool. However, they also repeatedly hit my sap sipper mon with a grass move till I got to +6 without switching… Also stayed in to keep hitting my Frosmoth with draco meteros despite the drops whilst I set up QDs… and if you have a team with immunities you can often run circles round the ai- especially if they're choice locked. Not sure how to improve it but maybe add some randomness back in so it's not so predictable?

Overall, was amazing fun and huge thanks to the devs!

Last edited:

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Finished my playthrough of 2.0 today.

Harder than the original one. I liked it.
    But, as somebody said on an earlier post, some pokes didn't fit with their gym leader/E4.

It was a good game anyways.
    So now, imt gonna try to complete the Dex.

Btw, I managed to trade my team from 1.0 to this one. Nothing strange happened.

Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just finished the game!

Positive Feedback:
    • Absolutely fantastic hack- easily up there with Gaia and Renegade Plat as one of the best- huge congratulations to the devs

• Difficulty was very welcome, loved the level cap, level scaling on the leader rematches and dumbass kids, forced set, no items etc.

• Really appreciated the changes that let you customise your team e.g. nature changer, IV perfector, egg tutor, stat scanner- all fantastic stuff and I wish more hacks had this

• So many wonderful thoughtful touches e.g. E4 members offering to heal your team after you beat them and the pokeball changer NPC to name a few

• Loved the buffs to weaker mons- I used Castform (very cool with damp rock, weather ball, Hurricane and Thunder) and Gogoat (a pretty formidable tank with its buffed 123/72/87 Defences)

Constructive Criticism:
    • Some of the mons used by boss trainers really didn't fit thematically. For example, Sabrina with
    Spoiler:
    , Giovani with
    Spoiler:
    , Lance with
    Spoiler:
    and your rival (champion battle) with
    Spoiler:
    - (like wtf did he just pop over to Hoenn whilst you were in Victory road?!)
    Definitely felt like these mons were just put there for difficulty with a complete disregard for thematics. This was a shame as it took me out of a lot of these battles and I'd just roll my eyes. I'm not oppose to boss trainers having legendries e.g. Brendon with
    Spoiler:
    was great but it should really make sense thematically.

• The Mewtwo team rocket event was neat but I felt it was let down by crappy writing- especially after the battle. Dialogue was poorly written, cringey and was incongruous with previous characterisation and dialogue of the game (few other instances of poor writing as well).

• The ai could really do with some improvements. It's definitely different from the originals and at times appears smart. For example, switching a flash fire mon into a fire attack was pretty cool. However, they also repeatedly hit my sap sipper mon with a grass move till I got to +6 without switching… Also stayed in to keep hitting my Frosmoth with draco meteros despite the drops whilst I set up QDs… and if you have a team with immunities you can often run circles round the ai- especially if they're choice locked. Not sure how to improve it but maybe add some randomness back in so it's not so predictable?

Overall, was amazing fun and huge thanks to the devs!

Finished my playthrough of 2.0 today.

Harder than the original one. I liked it.
    But, as somebody said on an earlier post, some pokes didn't fit with their gym leader/E4.

It was a good game anyways.
    So now, imt gonna try to complete the Dex.

Btw, I managed to trade my team from 1.0 to this one. Nothing strange happened.

Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

I've emphasized first and foremost that this is a difficulty hack so I don't really care about following something like themes; a lot of the Gyms followed suite to this thematic garbage in Version 1 and they proved to be too easy. I apologize if this breaks the immersion but I frankly don't think it's a big deal at all.

I'm well aware that the dialogue was pretty bad for the last event which is why it's the only additional event in the game, plot in a Pokemon game isn't something I really care to put much thought into.

The AI is still a work in progress yes, Skeli789(CFRU dev) is constantly updating to make improvements to it and I've been trying to make tweaks for it for Radical Red but the AI being abusable is pretty much inevitable

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2022
    Can you get all the fossil pokemon in this? I've been looking for a rom that let's me get Tyrunt forever! If you can get him can I get a location for him I scrolled through all the docs and seen tyrunt was listed but not his location

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2021
    Any recommended strategies for a nuzlocke? I've gotten blown back a few times once it gets past misty lol

Years
  • Can you get all the fossil pokemon in this? I've been looking for a rom that let's me get Tyrunt forever! If you can get him can I get a location for him I scrolled through all the docs and seen tyrunt was listed but not his location

Yes, there is a guy in Cinnabar who gives out a random fossil Pokemon once a day, although I'm going to change this soon to be a little more polished.

Any recommended strategies for a nuzlocke? I've gotten blown back a few times once it gets past misty lol

Just don't Nuzlocke on your first playthrough? Nuzlocke was a self imposed rule made to produce challenge because normal Pokemon games are too easy.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I was meaning to ask this earlier but is there any spreadsheets so we can look at all of the changes done to stats and movepools? It'd be very helpful to have that information at our fingertips

EDIT: Nevermind that I learned what I needed XP But I would like to know where Totodile is located as I need it for a team setup.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2021
    Hi!
    Been loving the hack so far, especially the gyms.
    I have a dumb question, where do i find galarian Farfetch? I found the kanto one where bill is, but I can't seem to find the galar version in the dex

Back