• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
  • Hi!
    Been loving the hack so far, especially the gyms.
    I have a dumb question, where do i find galarian Farfetch? I found the kanto one where bill is, but I can't seem to find the galar version in the dex

Galarian Farfetch'd can only be acquired by doing the trade in Vermilion

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Okay how fast does the pokemon have to be cause I am at 331 speed on my dragapault and still nothing?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Ok sweet I have 121 for Dragapault then but how do I get speed ev's in the game?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    The old man in front of the pond in Celadon City gives you the power anklet, and in that same pond you can grind Poliwhirls which give +2 speed EVs

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2021
    I made an account just for this hack, It's amazing man. Completed a flying mono and now working towards a grass. Thanks for bringing life to my childhood game once again.

Also, is grassy glide/expanding force in the game? I checked the Gdrive and apparently it's in the safari zone but I can't find it. Either way, thanks again

Edit: I'm stupid. Somehow I was playing on 2.0b this whole time. Thought for sure I downloaded 2.0c. Ignore that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    Finished this hack now.
    Short review: I didnt play Kaizo Emerald, but i wouldnt be surprised if this hack is more difficult than even Kaizo emerald and the most difficult Gen 3 hack as a result.
    I think Erika, the 2nd Giovanni battle and Pyro where the only major battles (Rivals; Giovanni, Gyms, E4) i beat at first try. Often i needed more than a dozen attempts. I especially had trouble in double battles. Sabrina was the toughest Gym leader for me and for Lorelei i easily needed 30-50 attempts. I luckily beat the other e4s faster. Usually in hacks i dont save in between E4 battles, but this time i made an exception.
    On the other hand the other QoL changes were awesome- the items i got from Dynamax battles were really helpful.
    Overall the hack was enjoyable, but a bit too difficult.
    https://imgur.com/a/U9IBBgf

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2020
    Made an account just to say thank you for the hack :) fun game and nice qol changes, love the mega butterfree as well.

As there's no feedback section on discord guess I'll post here, I like how challenging some gym leaders (Misty forced me to deviate from my team and get 3 sevipers lmao) are and would be better if all of them are that strong. Lt. Surge doesn't really have coverage for lanturn/ seaking and it's basically a stomp (1v6'd with AV lanturn even at the rematch), and I think other trainers in the gym can also be stronger to their weak types? (e.g. Blaine's gym trainers are just free for water, Sabrina's as well for weavile).

Also, Sabrina fight would be more hell if it started TR with magic bounce hatterene that can't be taunted.

The random choke switch-ins from AI to take huge chunks of damage are kinda funny tho.

Really like the hack :) Thanks and keep up the nice work

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    Is it possible to get Munchlax somehow besides breeding or get Snorlax besides the two you find cause I killed them both thinking I could get more and I don't know if I can?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Version 2.0d is here!
    Changelog
    Sorta big: Randomizer mode added! Learnset and ability randomizer currently unavailable, only randomizes Pokemon atm. You cannot start randomizer on an existing save file, and the randomizer cannot be turned on/off after passing the randomizer checkpoint at the beginning of the game.
    To retain some semblance of this ROM hack's difficulty, boss battles do not have their Pokemon randomized. Refer to the changelog to see which legendaries are unavailable in randomizer. The randomizer mode is not thoroughly tested so be sure to save often and report any bugs. One thing to note about randomizer mode is that it does not randomize raid spawns.

Randomizer mode can get turned off after boss battles; resetting the game or getting into another (non-boss) trainer battle seems to fix this.
    The Dex Nav search chain doesn't appear to update its count in randomizer mode, although it works as intended (it'll say search level 0 no matter what but it'll still function as the search level it's supposed to be at)
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Version 2.0d is here!
    Changelog
    Sorta big: Randomizer mode added! Learnset and ability randomizer currently unavailable, only randomizes Pokemon atm.
    To retain some semblance of this ROM hack's difficulty, boss battles do not have their Pokemon randomized. Refer to the changelog to see which legendaries are unavailable in randomizer. The randomizer mode is not thoroughly tested so be sure to save often and report any bugs. One thing to note about randomizer mode is that the silhouette of Pokemon in raids is usually not the Pokemon that shows up.

SWEET! I've been wanting randomized Radical red! YAY!

EDIT: Do not look at Bill's Fave 'Mon list. Froze my game, so I had to reload an earlier savestate (Thankfully was only about 2 minutes away)
    Another EDIT: TUrns out it's just the Eevee entry that's bugged. The others show up, but as randomized (which they probably should? I dunno. Point is don't look at Eevee's.)
    Yet another EDIT: My game hard locked up when I save stated somewhere while the speed up on. Had to completely restart my game. No biggie, had this happen on other games as well.

Last edited:

joG

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hey! :) First of all, I just want to say that I've really been enjoying the challenge of this hack. Some battles made me pretty mad I must admit, but it made strategizing and winning so much more satisfying! (though the double battle before Giovanni was straight up hell, getting swept by my teammate's Exlpoud is not something I expected lol).

However I have a little issue : I messed up the save file format while injecting into CIA (I'm playing on homebrew 3DS), forgot to check RTC, and failed to notice it (despite the many warnings.. the fault's on me). The game saves just right, but the problem is that it's always nightime (can't catch a Scyther for my rain team for example). I think raid battles also don't regenerate so i can't get some battle items. If I understood the issue correctly, to fix RTC I have to change the save format and start the game over. I'm quite far in already and would prefer not having to do that..

Hence my question : is it possible to manually edit the in-game time so the time can be day instead ? :)
    I read somewhere that hex editing could potentially solve my problems but i really have no knowledge in that.

Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    I take it the only way to get snorlax now is to restart my game if I killed both of the snorlaxes?

Years
  • I take it the only way to get snorlax now is to restart my game if I killed both of the snorlaxes?

for now yeah

Hey! :) First of all, I just want to say that I've really been enjoying the challenge of this hack. Some battles made me pretty mad I must admit, but it made strategizing and winning so much more satisfying! (though the double battle before Giovanni was straight up hell, getting swept by my teammate's Exlpoud is not something I expected lol).

However I have a little issue : I messed up the save file format while injecting into CIA (I'm playing on homebrew 3DS), forgot to check RTC, and failed to notice it (despite the many warnings.. the fault's on me). The game saves just right, but the problem is that it's always nightime (can't catch a Scyther for my rain team for example). I think raid battles also don't regenerate so i can't get some battle items. If I understood the issue correctly, to fix RTC I have to change the save format and start the game over. I'm quite far in already and would prefer not having to do that..

Hence my question : is it possible to manually edit the in-game time so the time can be day instead ? :)
    I read somewhere that hex editing could potentially solve my problems but i really have no knowledge in that.

Thanks in advance!

tbh I don't really know anything about 3ds emulation myself so I'm not knowledgeable on this issue; if anyone could chime in and help him that'd be great

edit: 2.0e, just some small bug fixes:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    wow this update has good timing as I had to restart my game due to losing the Focus Sash to a wild pokemon in Cerulean Cave. Where do I find the destiny Knot?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Sorry for the double post but OMG you got to see this amazing luck I had~

I only wish it was a shiny

Back