• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I think I found a bug, I tried showing Sabrina the sandshrew I caught seen above (obtained in a Max Raid) and she said it wasnt a perfect pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    In version 2.0b Corsola-G cannot learn will-o-wisp. I looked at the known bugs and it doesn't show up. I don't know if it was already fixed.

Thanks for the hack

Years
  • just wanted to warn that there seems to be a specific spawn that causes the game to freeze in randomizer mode; will try to look into it and provide a fix soon

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2022
    Man newbie here, finished the game. Just collecting Pokies. I can't wait to see:

- Complete Legendary Events
    - Complete Egg Move Tutors
    - Complete Move Tutors
    - Complete TMs List (200 TMs? Wow)
    - Corrected Pokemon Sprites:
    - Galarian Slowpoke
    - Galarian Slowbro
    - Kubfu
    - Urshifu
    - New Pokemon:
    - Galarian Articuno
    - Galarian Zapdos
    - Galarian Moltres
    - Regieleki
    - Regidraco
    - Hidden Grottos
    - Revised Sevii Islands
    - Wonder Trade would be NICE (Emerald Renev has that Feature)

BTW, this hack was so great, its a MASTERPIECE. Please continue for more improvements. First time experienced Poke Ball Change, Nature Change, IV & EV Modifications. It was fantastic. Worth playing tho. Good work.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Man newbie here, finished the game. Just collecting Pokies. I can't wait to see:

- Complete Legendary Events
    - Complete Egg Move Tutors
    - Complete Move Tutors
    - Complete TMs List (200 TMs? Wow)
    - Corrected Pokemon Sprites:
    - Galarian Slowpoke
    - Galarian Slowbro
    - Kubfu
    - Urshifu
    - New Pokemon:
    - Galarian Articuno
    - Galarian Zapdos
    - Galarian Moltres
    - Regieleki
    - Regidraco
    - Hidden Grottos
    - Revised Sevii Islands
    - Wonder Trade would be NICE (Emerald Renev has that Feature)

BTW, this hack was so great, its a MASTERPIECE. Please continue for more improvements. First time experienced Poke Ball Change, Nature Change, IV & EV Modifications. It was fantastic. Worth playing tho. Good work.

Galarian Slowpoke is on a raid. The one on the route south of Lavender I think.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2020
    Can anyone tell me where to get dracovish? I've checked the pokemon location doc and couldnt find it

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    Can anyone tell me where to get dracovish? I've checked the pokemon location doc and couldnt find it

Its in a raid in Seafoam Islands. Check the raid battle documentation.

Soupercell - one small issue I noticed in a playthrough was the Corvisquire back sprite was really small and off-center. It was on either 2.0b or c though so maybe it has been fixed since then. It was only Corvisquire though, Corviknight looked good.

Also just curious considering the obvious and magnificent AI improvements already in this hack - is it possible to tweak the computer AI to better respond to the player using setup moves like Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Dragon Dance, etc. I noticed a few instances where the computer just kept spamming a move that wouldn't do enough damage (even if it was super effective) while I setup on it. To be fair, I did notice that the switch ins the computer makes tend to be relatively intelligent (ie it will send in something that has a priority move that can kill), but just curious if that is even possible.

Thanks again for this incredible game, to me this is the current standard by which I judge other hacks.

Years
  • Its in a raid in Seafoam Islands. Check the raid battle documentation.

Soupercell - one small issue I noticed in a playthrough was the Corvisquire back sprite was really small and off-center. It was on either 2.0b or c though so maybe it has been fixed since then. It was only Corvisquire though, Corviknight looked good.

Also just curious considering the obvious and magnificent AI improvements already in this hack - is it possible to tweak the computer AI to better respond to the player using setup moves like Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Dragon Dance, etc. I noticed a few instances where the computer just kept spamming a move that wouldn't do enough damage (even if it was super effective) while I setup on it. To be fair, I did notice that the switch ins the computer makes tend to be relatively intelligent (ie it will send in something that has a priority move that can kill), but just curious if that is even possible.

Thanks again for this incredible game, to me this is the current standard by which I judge other hacks.

Yeah, I'm well aware of some of the AI flaws although I'm not the one that wrote the AI, Skeli789 the creator of CFRU is behind it. I've tried to make slight edits to it to try improve it although frankly I don't have nearly as good of an idea of what's going on as he does. I'll try my best to fix some of the flaws but it's definitely a work in progress.

Gen 8 sprites don't exactly have the best GBA sprites available atm so some Pokemon like Corvisquire have poor backsprites haha. But I'm glad you enjoyed the game

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Hi i have found a bug. When i try to exchange my shards for Archen or Amaura , i get Shieldon and Tyrunt instead? In other words Shieldon and Tyrunt have both two entries. Thanks

Years
  • Hi i have found a bug. When i try to exchange my shards for Archen or Amaura , i get Shieldon and Tyrunt instead? In other words Shieldon and Tyrunt have both two entries. Thanks

yeah I've fixed it for the next upcoming small update already, sorry about that :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2020
    Hey, wondering if i've come across a bug or it's just something that I can't really explain.

I was fighting Giovanni in Celadon, and I yellow-barred his rhyperior. I switched in gardevoir and he switched in honchkrow as predicted, dying to my dazzling gleam. He then sends Rhyperior back out, and it's suddenly at full HP.

How is this possible? I'm assuming this is a bug, but maybe i'm just missing something?

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2022
    Fix:
    - Complete Move Tutors
    - Complete TM List
    - Galarian Slowpoke Sprites
    - Galarian Slowbro Sprites
    - Kubfu Pixel Sprite
    - Urshifu Pixel Sprite
    - Glitch Fossil-Shard Trade

Suggested Features:
    - Wonder or Random Trade

Just remember everyone to keep safe...

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    Playing randomizer and trying to catch HA Rillaboom and when the dexnav says the Rillaboom has grassy serge, enter the battle and grassy terrain does not set and I catch it, has overgrow instead.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2022
    Great hack , just one question , any idea when the next update will come out ?

Years
  • Playing randomizer and trying to catch HA Rillaboom and when the dexnav says the Rillaboom has grassy serge, enter the battle and grassy terrain does not set and I catch it, has overgrow instead.

Yeah, Dexnav is known to not work as intended in randomizer, won't be fixed in the next patch but I'll hopefully fix it eventually.

Finally giving Cramorant the justice it deserves! Gulp Missile now working, and made a slight buff to make Gulping form reduce Speed instead of Defense
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Some other QOL changes coming in the next small update: thiefed items now go straight to the bag!

Great hack , just one question , any idea when the next update will come out ?

this small update should be out this weekend, which adds gulp missile for Cramorant, some new QOL and addresses some bugs (notably, the randomizer freeze ones), slight improvements to AI and some slight changes to some boss battle team compositions.

Last edited:

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
  • Any other way to obtain a Focus Sash?
    i, uh... I think I might've accidentally wasted mine on a wild battle lmao

Absolutely lovely hack btw! Just beat it the other day and thoroughly appreciated having a Pokemon game that wanted to kick my teeth in for once lol. Can't wait for whatever else you decide to add in!

Years
  • Version 2.0f is here!
    Changelog from 2.0e to 2.0f

PLEASE NOTE: If you update on a save file with randomizer turned on, your encounters will be rerolled!
    As usual please check the FAQ to figure out how to update from an older version; saves are compatible with 2.0 forward.

TLDR: Gulp Missile + some decent QOL, AI improvements(hopefully lmfao), bug fixes (Randomizer should no longer have spawns that freeze!!), randomizer hard mode that eliminates possibilities of good spawns for those that like pain(You can view the list of encounterable Pokemon in the changelog)

Any other way to obtain a Focus Sash?
    i, uh... I think I might've accidentally wasted mine on a wild battle lmao

Absolutely lovely hack btw! Just beat it the other day and thoroughly appreciated having a Pokemon game that wanted to kick my teeth in for once lol. Can't wait for whatever else you decide to add in!

You can find Focus Sash on Machamps (Cerulean Cave, Victory Road). Will be starting postgame now although it will be a while until it's finished; I hope some of the neat things in the last update can keep you busy though in the meantime :p

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Hey great hack, actually this is the best Red Hack I've played. I don't post much on here but I noticed that Galarian Rapidash's backsprite is small & outta center compared to every other Pokemon including it's Kantoian counter part. Idk if it's too much to ask but can you fix Galarian Rapidash's backsprite? Been wanting to use it on my team but the backsprite bothers me for some reason.

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • So, I have some free time now and I would love to give this hack a try and see for myself what the HYPE is all about. I was itching to have a go at it for a very long time and now that it has fully ripened, there is no better time than this! I usually build my team around Swampert; so if it's not much of a bother, could you please tell me the earliest location of Mudkip?

Back