• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    I feel bad that I cant seem to get the hang of this hack. Be it Misty's Frogedier, the Silph Co Rival fight, or anything beyond that, there's always something that makes me realize my run isnt gonna work out.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    I feel bad that I cant seem to get the hang of this hack. Be it Misty's Frogedier, the Silph Co Rival fight, or anything beyond that, there's always something that makes me realize my run isnt gonna work out.

I feel you, but this hack really encourages swapping out team members to adapt to the situation. That's why a level cap is in place apart from the reason of preventing over levelling.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    I feel you, but this hack really encourages swapping out team members to adapt to the situation. That's why a level cap is in place apart from the reason of preventing over levelling.

It's kind of hard to adapt to a situation when Normal type moves can one shot a Steel type Pokemon. My main issue is, was, and always will be that my Pokemon are always slower than the Gym Leader Pokemon and I cant stand it. Hell, before my Dark type only run, I grabbed an Electrode for some experimenting. Maxed the IVs, Timid Nature, maxed the Speed EVs, and it was always slower than any Gym Leader's Pokemon (the one time I turned on the Randomizer)

Akiak

dreamin'
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Are all mechanics updated to gen 8 or gen 7? Does speed update mid-turn? Do terrains only boost by 1.3? Does oblivious/inner focus/own tempo block intimidate?

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2021
    Hello, I would love to play this hack on my N3DS, however RTC is making this a bit difficult. Does anybody know, if there is any fix please?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    Last Edit- So I went to look up videos for this hack to try and get some kind of idea on what to do, and I've come to the conclusion that there is not a chance in Hell that I'm gonna be able to beat this hack. I dont play competitive Pokemon and never will.

I'm waving the white flag, Pokemon Radical Red has beaten me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2021
    Hey guys, what pokemon can you get from the Egg vendor in Pewter City, and are there any other egg vendors like him outside of the starter ones?

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Hi, I'm loving the rom so far its pretty much excellent ^^. I just wanted to ask a quick question : Where is the destiny knot ? I wanted to do some breeding and its kind of a must but i just can't seem to find it. Looking forward to your response and congratulations to the whole team for your work its awesome !

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    Hi, I'm loving the rom so far its pretty much excellent ^^. I just wanted to ask a quick question : Where is the destiny knot ? I wanted to do some breeding and its kind of a must but i just can't seem to find it. Looking forward to your response and congratulations to the whole team for your work its awesome !

If I recall, you get it after Victory Road. There's a link on the front page that leads to some documentation on various things of the game. Thing is, I'm not sure how up to date/accurate the documents are.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    I'm wrecking my brain trying to come up with some way to justify downloading this hack again. I feel like there's just something I'm somehow overlooking to be able to stop having so much trouble with the game. HP bulk doesnt seem to do much, nor does having high Defense values. Speed is pretty much useless to me now, and any damage I could do means nothing if I cant survive anything the bosses do. I've combed over the movesets of every Pokemon I can access up to where I get brick walled at, and nothing seems to cut it.

Man, is this how Jack Skellington felt trying to figure out Christmas?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2022
    I'm wrecking my brain trying to come up with some way to justify downloading this hack again. I feel like there's just something I'm somehow overlooking to be able to stop having so much trouble with the game. HP bulk doesnt seem to do much, nor does having high Defense values. Speed is pretty much useless to me now, and any damage I could do means nothing if I cant survive anything the bosses do. I've combed over the movesets of every Pokemon I can access up to where I get brick walled at, and nothing seems to cut it.

Man, is this how Jack Skellington felt trying to figure out Christmas?
    I completely understand your situation : i enjoy this hack, but the difficulty clearly isn't for everybody. I think it would be pretty good to get some options to adjust the difficulty (not saying making the game easier, just adding options, like shift/set for example or access to the bag), because even though this is supposed to be a difficulty hack, i think all these restrictions can go against all the diversity in the hack, which is also one of the main reason people play it from what i've seen, and the reason why Radical Red caught my eye.

Which is why i also don't understand people calling you a "braindead monkey" for simply sharing your experience with the hack, and stating what you didn't like about it. If you're going to act like this, at least give some helpful advice.

A big thing about pokemon difficulty is that it's difficult if you want it to be, and easy if you want it to be. Nuzlockes, no item clauses, intentionally underleveled teams, monotype runs... All these are just to make the game harder on yourself, and i like doing them. And imo it's a brilliant way of doing difficulty. It's, like people like to call it, "non-linear", so everyone can have a different experience with the game. Kinda like how people play through Dark Souls games with different builds for example.

Once again, i am not saying the difficulty of this hack in and of itself, is a bad thing : it's the main goal of the hack after all. But if almost every pokemon from gen 1 to 8 is in a easily downloadable firered romhack, people like me aren't going to discover through it's difficulty, but through it's diversity and various QoL features. I also understand that the creator is working on making more and more pokemons viable, and that's a really good thing, props to soupercell for that and everything in this hack, but i think adding some difficulty settings would be welcome for some players. And it would also increase the playerbase and make the hack even better imo.

TLDR : I think adding difficulty settings, like the hard and normal mode of the randomizer, wouldn't be a bad thing and would better the experience for a lot of people, as well as the quality of the hack even more.

Also, this is mainly targeted at some comments i've seen here, don't be toxic against people who struggle and don't have a good experience because of it. Insulting and acting passive-agressive isn't bringing anything to the conversation, but helpful advice does, and can even make someone better at the game in general.

joG

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Hello, I would love to play this hack on my N3DS, however RTC is making this a bit difficult. Does anybody know, if there is any fix please?

Hey! Assuming you're using a CFW 3DS, it's pretty simple, you just got to be careful about certain steps.
    From my experience, the best way to play with all the features (RTC, etc) on the 3DS is using Virtual Console. Unfortunately I can't post links yet, but you should find everything with Google. Here's how I did it :

1 - Download NSUI (New Super Ultimate Injector 3DS). You'll find what you need in the first link when searching for "New Super Ultimate Injector" (digiex.net forum thread).

2 - Follow the tutorial linked in the thread, without worrying about step 4. You're just going to need the patched .gba.
    For Radical Red, NSUI shouldn't recognise the game, so you'll have to import an image for the game icon & banner (for ex, you can use the banner on the description of the ROMHack). Also important : be sure to select "Flash 1MB (Macronix, ID 0x09C2) + RTC" in the save-type drop-down menu (bottom right). If you don't, RTC won't work and you'll be sticking with night the whole game.

3 - Export as CIA, and transfer it to your 3DS SD-card.

4 - Install with FBI or any other CIA installers

5 - Unwrap and enjoy!

Notes:
    - If you did everything right, you shouldn't get a warning after the title screen. If you want to double-check, you'll have to compare the experience during daytime and nighttime (wild encouters, raid resets, etc.)
    - Because you'll most likely need it, soft reset for VC is : SELECT+START+A+B. Cheers!

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I'm looking to replay this hack, since it got a major update to version 2.1. But reading the comments I was wondering if the hack got more difficult. I beaten the game on version 2.0c and was pleased with the difficult. But a max Speed EV and IV Electrode being outspeed by every Pokemon of every gym leader seems bulls**t level of difficult to me. Are you sure this is the case? I mean, didn't they use a priority move or something? This game can be very tricky sometimes and if you don't pay attention and rely only on brute force you will lose for sure.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    In regards to Mr Nietzsche's comment, the battle was against Erika. I tried to use Self-Destruct to just see if I could nuke her Rilaboom, but it managed to go first. That was the first shot against her. Second was a Thunderwave start. Somehow I managed to get the Thunderwave off that turn, and when I was about to attack, Rilaboom still managed to attack with HighHorsepower.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    I completely understand your situation : i enjoy this hack, but the difficulty clearly isn't for everybody. I think it would be pretty good to get some options to adjust the difficulty (not saying making the game easier, just adding options, like shift/set for example or access to the bag), because even though this is supposed to be a difficulty hack, i think all these restrictions can go against all the diversity in the hack, which is also one of the main reason people play it from what i've seen, and the reason why Radical Red caught my eye.

This. This completely. Honestly, I just feel so smothered by the restrictions the hack has in place, and having an OPTION to undo those restrictions would be a good change. I get that the hack is supposed to be tough, but there's got to be more wiggle room than there currently is.

Back