• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2020
    Does anyone know how to access 6 star difficulty raids? Even after becoming champion I'm only seeing 5* difficulty.

FranzieStar

Cosmic Jester
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Not gonna lie, this is one of my favorite hacks. Just the sheer amount it adds and how balanced it is (also hard as hell but thats cause i suck). Only thing that irks me is the lack of proper item sorting, aka everything is in one category like healing and held items, but other than that, I love this hack! :D

Years
    I thought there was a VS. Seeker in this hack. What's a good way to farm money?
    Edit: Another question, why is it not possible to steal itens from trainers on Gym battles, what's wrong it it? Is that only valid for the Thief move? What about moves that unequip enemy itens?

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    I thought there was a VS. Seeker in this hack. What's a good way to farm money?
    Edit: Another question, why is it not possible to steal itens from trainers on Gym battles, what's wrong it it? Is that only valid for the Thief move? What about moves that unequip enemy itens?

If you have a Pokemon with the Frisk ability and is able to learn Thief/Covet, go find Meowths. They'll usually have Nuggets.
    As for the steal from trainers? I mean, come on man, you're stealing from them, and that's not cool.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2021
    I love this hack and absolutely recommend it. It was the challenge I need in pokemon. Went into the game blind and was punished by it. Never cared for EV/IV's until playing this game. Beating the elite four gave me so much joy

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2021
    I finished my first play-through!!!
    This game makes you think, or just set up before the opposing Pokemon uses taunt by roaring XD
    MVP was my Kommo-o, her ability soundproof made roar render useless, paired with: Bulk up, Dragon dance or Clang soul depending on the occasion. Thanks to her I could easily sweep. Second best my Golisipod with his FIRST IMPRESSION and my Mega Venusaur with his chlorophyll or thicc fat depending on weather.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    I legitimately registered just to say how much fun I had with this game. I just finished the Elite 4 and am probably going to take another swing at it with a new team. I really appreciate a Pokemon challenge hack that relies on actual encounter design for difficulty instead of taking tools away from the player to inflate the difficulty, and I've already gotten some friends playing because I had such a good time with it. Excited to see the future of this hack, happy to be able to use the boys. Shout-out to Taxi Crook for originally just replacing a mon I didn't like as much, only to then turn into the end game revenge killer that shut down the champ's Ditto by completely walling its own moveset.
    Spoiler:

Years
    Good god, 350k moneys just to get your IVs maxed out? Is it even possible to farm that much money without losing your mind in this hack? Cause Meowth Nuggets would take a good loooooong while just to max your IVs once.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    Good god, 350k moneys just to get your IVs maxed out? Is it even possible to farm that much money without losing your mind in this hack? Cause Meowth Nuggets would take a good loooooong while just to max your IVs once.

Well, in theory, you could make a team of 5 Pick Up Pokemon and the Nugget Thief Pokemon and you can make money that way.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024

If you're past Sabrina, you could use a Frisk mon with Thief and steal Lucky Eggs from wild Pelippers on Route 14. They sell for the same amount and are a lot more common.

Alternatively, you could grind raids and sell the items from it.

Years
    If you're past Sabrina, you could use a Frisk mon with Thief and steal Lucky Eggs from wild Pelippers on Route 14. They sell for the same amount and are a lot more common.

Alternatively, you could grind raids and sell the items from it.

So I can grind Raids? I thought they were one time only, how do I get one to "respawn"? Btw I'm training EVs North of Cerulean.

Also, I've noticed that when using the Macho Brace my pokemon gets 4 EVs and the others get only 1 (killing pokes with 1 EV yield), is that intended? I though I saw them getting the full value (4 EVs) earlier but now I'm not sure, probably I'm just going crazy but I'm still curious as to why I'm getting 4 EVs instead of 2.

Edit: Also, where and when do I get the rest of the EV training itens? They gonna be useful for training walls.

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    So I can grind Raids? I thought they were one time only, how do I get one to "respawn"? Btw I'm training EVs North of Cerulean. Also, where and when do I get the rest of the EV training itens? They gonna be useful for training walls.

Raids reset at 12:00 each day. If you have Real Time Clock enabled. As for the Power Items, ATK is the Black Belt south of Pallet Town. Defense is near a Raid Den to the East of Fuschia City. Special ATK is the guy on the little island North of Cerulean. Special Defense is a Swimmer north of Cinnabar. Speed is the old man in Celadon that used to teach Softboiled. And the HP one is the fat guy in Viridian City that used to teach Dream Eater.

Also, the EV yield from the Macho Brace was increased to 4 times for this hack. There's documents on the front page that will give you all the info you need.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    Loving this rom so far! Im so impressed with all the stuffs in here, great work to you guys who work in this rom!

I just wanna ask, where can I find a Mimikyu except the trade in Cinnabar? I like giving nicknames to my team.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    So I can grind Raids? I thought they were one time only, how do I get one to "respawn"? Btw I'm training EVs North of Cerulean.

Also, I've noticed that when using the Macho Brace my pokemon gets 4 EVs and the others get only 1 (killing pokes with 1 EV yield), is that intended? I though I saw them getting the full value (4 EVs) earlier but now I'm not sure, probably I'm just going crazy but I'm still curious as to why I'm getting 4 EVs instead of 2.

Edit: Also, where and when do I get the rest of the EV training itens? They gonna be useful for training walls.

With RTC available, raids respawn every day at 12:00am, iirc. You can grind raids by changing the time on your system, so that they'll respawn.

As for Macho Brace, it gives x4 EVs in this game, so it's intended.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2021
    Loving the ROM so far!

Question on raids: It was just mentioned they reset at 12 each day. How about the actual pokemon? I thought I noticed when going back to a raid later after looking at it that it changed pokemon? Is the pokemon set until the time change or can you change it by leaving the area and coming back?

Hopefully that makes sense.

SmellyOpossum

opossum
    Years
    focus punch tm doesn't seem to be unlimited use for some reason. also, I'm pretty sure i picked up audinite and it disappeared from my inventory. it isn't south west of silph co either. i almost wish i knew the code to cheat it but ive managed to avoid using cheats this entire time. this is so strange.

https://i.imgur.com/wGY7UmH.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/pAnNxKx.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    I found a small bug, if you use the DexNav while an NPC is walking he will occupy both the cell he is and the cell he was in until you close de DexNav.
    I bought the egg from the grandma on Cerulean and the egg description says I bought it from the travelling man, literally unplayable.

Also, I've not gotten to Celadon yet but I think the IV Maximizer NPCs needs 350k to maximize ALL IVs on the Pokemon, correct? I'd like to suggest having him maximize IVs individually, it must sucks having to spend 350k only because your Snorlax got S on everything except for that E- on HP.
    And talking about IVs, how much are perfect IVs necessary realisticaly speaking? I've grinded over 200 Nirodans for Lt. Surge just because I want that one Nidoking with the best IVs.
    And talknig about farming wild Pokemons, how does the DexNav works precisely? Is it just like the main games? Cause if it is then I can just look online, but is it any different? Is there a cap or does it keeps building "encounter bonus" indefinitely?

Edit: May I also suggest getting rid of IVs altogheter? EVs are cool cause they're the "training" part of the whole "pokemon training" process, it's something you can do. IVs on the other hand kind suck tbh, but this is just me I guess

Last edited:
    Back