• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Loving the ROM so far!

Question on raids: It was just mentioned they reset at 12 each day. How about the actual pokemon? I thought I noticed when going back to a raid later after looking at it that it changed pokemon? Is the pokemon set until the time change or can you change it by leaving the area and coming back?

Hopefully that makes sense.

They rotate every hour.

Years
  • Raids reset at 12:00 each day. If you have Real Time Clock enabled. As for the Power Items, ATK is the Black Belt south of Pallet Town. Defense is near a Raid Den to the East of Fuschia City. Special ATK is the guy on the little island North of Cerulean. Special Defense is a Swimmer north of Cinnabar. Speed is the old man in Celadon that used to teach Softboiled. And the HP one is the fat guy in Viridian City that used to teach Dream Eater.

Also, the EV yield from the Macho Brace was increased to 4 times for this hack. There's documents on the front page that will give you all the info you need.

I just noticed that I need Surf to get 5 of the 6 EV itens, that's a bummer.
    Also when on Raid Battles and the enemy uses Max Panthasm the UI becomes blue, I assume that's a known bug right?
    And why can't I get a Froakie on Celadon?

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I just noticed that I need Surf to get 5 of the 6 EV itens, that's a bummer.
    Also when on Raid Battles and the enemy uses Max Panthasm the UI becomes blue, I assume that's a known bug right?

Getting a Froakie from the Shard Collector in Celadon is random. Make sure you take your Frisk/Thief Pokemon and find some Psyducks for Blue Shards. As far as Raid Battles- I dont really do them all that much.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just noticed that I need Surf to get 5 of the 6 EV itens, that's a bummer.

Misty will give you a Froakie with it's HA if you beat her in a rematch (which happen after Silph Co, before Sabrina)

Years
  • Getting a Froakie from the Shard Collector in Celadon is random. Make sure you take your Frisk/Thief Pokemon and find some Psyducks for Blue Shards. As far as Raid Battles- I dont really do them all that much.

So I can get Shards from Pokemon too? Cool, what pokemons drop the other shards?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • So I can get Shards from Pokemon too? Cool, what pokemons drop the other shards?

On the front page of this thread at the bottom is a link to some documents. Click that link, then look for the Items document. Once open, there's some tabs at the bottom that you can click that will show you a collection of 'Other Useful Items'.

Years
  • On the front page of this thread at the bottom is a link to some documents. Click that link, then look for the Items document. Once open, there's some tabs at the bottom that you can click that will show you a collection of 'Other Useful Items'.

Oh thanks, I had not seen the tabs on the bottom part of the document. But I still don't get it why the starters guy gives you a random egg instead of just handling you the one you want, the Fosil guy does.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Oh thanks, I had not seen the tabs on the bottom part of the document. But I still don't get it why the starters guy gives you a random egg instead of just handling you the one you want, the Fosil guy does.

Get a Pokemon with Flame Body/Magma Armor and then leave 5 spaces open once you've stockpiled a ton of Shards. Then hatch five eggs at a time, and once you get what you want, you can release the rest and sell any remaining Shards.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2020
    Where is poliwag? Doc says route 25, but my dexnav said I found all the mons in the area and poliwag isnt one of them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2021
    Just beat the Elite 4 today so I would like to say many thanks for this entertaining hackrom. The difficulty curve is well made, even though it might be (really !) difficult if you picked Charmander at the beginning. Although, the most difficult battle was the Gary's Sylph SARL battle, one of Brendan's and Lorelei of the Elite 4 which took me at least 10 attempts in order to beat her. After you beat Sabrina, the game is way more easy for some reason as you wouldn't strive against the other gym leaders. I haven't feel like EVs & IVs were that important, I just grinded on some Audinos to reach faster the levelcap.

My team is composed of Drapion, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Landorus-T, Suicune and Melmetal but I used 17 others Pokemon during my adventure. I hope we would be able to rematch the Elite 4 soon, I'm already starting a new team to show who's the real Kanto's Pokemon Master.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Where is poliwag? Doc says route 25, but my dexnav said I found all the mons in the area and poliwag isnt one of them.

Fishing. Old Rod is still in Vermillion City. Super Rod is in the same place you get the Return TM, and Super Rod is still in Fuschia.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2023
    Just curious about you guys,
    I have finished this game twice right know with a regular run, so i wanted to start a randomizer. The problem with the randomizer, it only gives me a handfull of pokemon. I have started three different games and played until the first giovanni battle but i keep seeing the same pokemon. I see everywhere snovers, tauros, metagross, bastiodon, komala, pidgey, rillaboom, magby, incineroar, togetic. And this in three different savefiles with different randomizers. the pokemon are the same but the starters and locations are different. btw, the celadon gamecorner mons are also duplicates from eachochter. i saw 2 rillabooms, 3 tauros, 2 snover etc. Do you guys have the same issue and is the bug already known by soupercel? The hack is great but the randomizer is not fun at this rate. (btw i only tried the normal difficulty randomizer yet)

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2022
    Just came to say thank you for making this amazing hack! Started it thursday and could not put it down.

Attachments

• Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
      Screenshot_20201203-175300.png
      245.2 KB · Views: 19

SmellyOpossum

opossum
    Years
  • this is going to sound goofy with how far i am into the game, but isn't strength required for moving boulders? i don't see it on the tm list and it's blocking me from victory road lol

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • this is going to sound goofy with how far i am into the game, but isn't strength required for moving boulders? i don't see it on the tm list and it's blocking me from victory road lol

You're really asking where to find Strength when you're at Victory Road? Did you do everything in FUSCHIA CITY when you went there? Are you sure you didnt forget to return something to a certain man that cant speak?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2021
    So I just got a Protean Froakie and apparently I read in YouTube that I can use a bottle cap to change its ability to Battle Bond when it become a Greninja. Protean Greninja seems more useful to me though so I'm thinking of breeding the froakie with a ditto. Though will the protean ability be passed down to the egg as well?

Years
    • Seen today
    Just curious about you guys,
    I have finished this game twice right know with a regular run, so i wanted to start a randomizer. The problem with the randomizer, it only gives me a handfull of pokemon. I have started three different games and played until the first giovanni battle but i keep seeing the same pokemon. I see everywhere snovers, tauros, metagross, bastiodon, komala, pidgey, rillaboom, magby, incineroar, togetic. And this in three different savefiles with different randomizers. the pokemon are the same but the starters and locations are different. btw, the celadon gamecorner mons are also duplicates from eachochter. i saw 2 rillabooms, 3 tauros, 2 snover etc. Do you guys have the same issue and is the bug already known by soupercel? The hack is great but the randomizer is not fun at this rate. (btw i only tried the normal difficulty randomizer yet)

I posted about this previously and Soupercell responded that he was aware that the algorithm for randomizer was like that, that he would contact the person who worked on it, and that it wasn't a high priority at the moment. I have tested it it quite a bit, the last run I tried almost every encounter table all the way up to rock tunnel had essentially the same spread with only a one or two Pokémon difference, unfortunately it just seems to land on certain Pokémon very often. My current run is the most diverse I've seen so far, looking like an actual real randomization, though most of the colossal number of resets I've done have shared the same smallish pool between them. I'm looking forward to whenever this is fixed, but considering how well done the rest of the hack is I can't really complain, and can certainly wait until after he has finished whatever else he is prioritizing at the moment.

Back