• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
  • Thanks but what I'm trying to do is to change the REGULAR abilities using the Ability Pill item, not the hidden ability.
    I saw on some youtube videos that some people can find 7 nerds at the fan club (2 left, 2 right an 3 on top) so I thought that maybe one of the 2 nerds I'm missing would offer to change the regular abilities.
    If that's not the case, can anyone tell me how to change abilities? (again, NOT hidden abilities).
    Thanks!

No, there's only supposed to be 5. Top left sells the Ability Pill and Berries. Top middle reduces IVs, top right swaps to Hidden Ability and back with Bottle Caps. Bottom left changes the Pokeball of your Pokemon, and bottom right reduces the EVs.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    No, there's only supposed to be 5. Top left sells the Ability Pill and Berries. Top middle reduces IVs, top right swaps to Hidden Ability and back with Bottle Caps. Bottom left changes the Pokeball of your Pokemon, and bottom right reduces the EVs.

So there's no way of using the Ability Pills to change the regular abilities?

One of the five nerds sells ability pills and different berries. If you had talked to al of them, you would have known

And if you'd read my post properly you would know that I'm not asking how to BUY Ability Pills, I'm asking how to USE them. Cause I have talked with all the 5 nerds and none of them offers to switch regular abilities in exchange for an Ability Pill. Hope this explanation is clearer.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • And if you'd read my post properly you would know that I'm not asking how to BUY Ability Pills, I'm asking how to USE them. Cause I have talked with all the 5 nerds and none of them offers to switch regular abilities in exchange for an Ability Pill. Hope this explanation is clearer.

You use the Ability Pills like Rare Candy.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2021
    Hi there, I really enjoyed this ROM hack you have made. I'm big into competitive pokemon so this hack was one of the best I've ever played, if not the best. I'm wondering about the tools you used to make the game, because I would love to get into this type of ROM hacking. In fact, I liked radical red so much that I want to hack it myself! The only thing I would like to do is change the gym leaders' teams up a bit, simply for personal use so I can run through the game again with my own idea of what their teams could be. Any way you could help me out on how to go about doing that (short of hex editing every trainer)? I tried loading radical red into the Hopeless Trainer Editor and it didn't work haha. I would appreciate it thanks! Great hack man

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Forgot to mention earlier, but I'm now the WCW Booker T of Radical Red Mono Type runs; A five time! Five time! Five time! Five time! Five time! Champion!

Spoiler:

And I'm already halfway done with a Fighting type run, and the run after that will be Flying type, followed by a return to Ice, then Normal, and finally Dark.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    Great hack!! Just finished it tonight and had an absolute blast! It was punishing at times but I never felt like it was unfair. In between some major battles I definitely had to readjust my strategy and even train some new Pokemon. I was really impressed with the NPC A.I. and felt like it kept me on my toes at times. Great job!

Attached is a pic of my final team.

Attachments

• Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
      RadicalRed_Team1.png
      235.6 KB · Views: 14
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Forgot to mention earlier, but I'm now the WCW Booker T of Radical Red Mono Type runs; A five time! Five time! Five time! Five time! Five time! Champion!

Spoiler:

And I'm already halfway done with a Fighting type run, and the run after that will be Flying type, followed by a return to Ice, then Normal, and finally Dark.

Flying will make you run into Gio's Excadrill~ I had issue here.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2022
    So idk if this is a bug or if I screwed myself by changing the date on my phone to force the den to respawn or something else entirely, but I'm training in Victory Road and the den has been empty for three days. Anyone ran into this?

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2021
    Just completed my 12th monotype run in this game! This one was special because I was able to beat every e4 member on the first try lol. Onto mono rock now

Attachments

• Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)
      radical-red-v2.1-983.png
      14.1 KB · Views: 28
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2021
    Hi. Ummmm may I ask about one thing? Is there an option where I can play the hack without the type changes? (Or is it on the docs but I didnt see?) Kinda weirded out on the changes. But I'll try to adapt on it if ever there's no such option. Great hack tho.

Years
  • This looks like one hell of a hack, can't wait to check it out. I do have one question, though: is it possible to inject this onto a Wii U? I tried, but I got some kind of error about the save type not being supported or something. I'll have to go back and look at it again. Tried skimming through the thread, but if it was mentioned anywhere in the 40+ pages, I must have missed it somehow. Sorry if it was answered already.

Years
    • Age 42
    • Iowa
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    i'm not one for hacks that are a redo of Gen 1 or in this case a redo of a redo, BUT i cannot resist because this updates the game to Generation 8, all while looking like a Gen 3 Pokemon Title, it's a massive update!

now i would LOVE for someone to do this with Gen 4, because Wynaut right? i mean i know that's virtually untouched ground, but it's not impossible, since we got hacks of Gen 5, so a guy can dream.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2023
    I've looked in the docs, and I can't find CASTFORMS location (den/grass or sea). I've seen it in my other play throughs just can't remember where. Also does CASTFORM change into a ground form form with smooth rock?

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2021
    I've looked in the docs, and I can't find CASTFORMS location (den/grass or sea). I've seen it in my other play throughs just can't remember where. Also does CASTFORM change into a ground form form with smooth rock?

According to the docs, it can be found in safari zone area 2. Maybe you missed it.

sihi_crescent

sihi_crescent
    Years
  • Hello hello! Heard about this hack and decided to give it a try. Quite fun so far but for some reason upon reaching level 15 on any of my mons the Exp.share bugs out and gives 0 exp. This is kinda annoying because I need to level them more in order to defeat Brock and with the upped difficulty lvl 15 ins't enough for any water or grass types to take down the gym. Anyone else has/had this problem?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2020
    Asking for some advice here. Was having a blast with this game up until the double battles when it became clear to me that there was an issue. The emulator I am using is not compatible with this hack. Can anyone give me any tips on transferring my save from the eclipse emulator on iPhone to Visual boy advance on PC? I Have transferred the .sav file to my PC and attempted to import it to VBA with no success. I Put in more than 10 hours getting to the 2nd Giovanni fight and it was starting to get really good/difficult. Would hate to have to start over.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Is the discord down? Invite not working and its not in my listed groups anymore

Back