• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2023
    After moving to 2.2b (from 2.1) I've noticed that many enemy trainers have become telepathic, magically knowing when I'm going to switch pokemon and using a move that wouldn't make any sense otherwise or switching on the same turn to counter. Additionally, RNG seems to be fuuuuuuuuucked to the player's detriment, I went 10 turns in a row confusing Bugsy's scyther and Ledian (He spammed u-turn and I spammed Confuse ray, mostly just to see what would happen). I went through ALL of my confuse ray PP and his pokemon didn't hit themselves in confusion even a single time (what are the odds of this with standard RNG? 10 turns of being confused without a single self-hit?). Likewise against Whitney, I happened to paralyze her miltank with spark, and it survived like 7-8 more turns using milk drink and crap to survive, it went down finally without being fully paralyzed a single time. In my first playthrough of 2.2b I switched out of icicle spear because it was only hitting 2 times more than 75% of the time when 3 times should be the most common and I not once ever saw it hit more than 3 times, I honestly thought it was bugged but now I'm wondering if all player-based RNG is just fucked as all hell. I *love* this romhack (it still is my absolute favorite that I've played), but since moving to 2.2b, it seems like it's intentionally throwing a wrench in my attempts to do anything that involves RNG at all and having to deal with psychic trainers

What the enemy trainer does is determined before you choose an action, you can see this if you were to save state scum. This patch also made rng be determined at the beginning of a turn before you choose an attack to prevent save scumming procs, you are probably just having bad luck because I've had no major issues with rng being skewed toward the AI, at least none that I've noticed that particularly stood out.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Finally beat this hack. I had to edit into in a hex editor and change the badge obedience then replace my team with legendaries

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2021
    What the enemy trainer does is determined before you choose an action, you can see this if you were to save state scum. This patch also made rng be determined at the beginning of a turn before you choose an attack to prevent save scumming procs, you are probably just having bad luck because I've had no major issues with rng being skewed toward the AI, at least none that I've noticed that particularly stood out.

10 turns with 0 self hitting in confusion goes well beyond bad luck, lol, by my calcs that has a ~1.7% chance of occurring, assuming it's a 1/3 chance to hit yourself in confusion in radical red (not actually sure about that)

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2023
    10 turns with 0 self hitting in confusion goes well beyond bad luck, lol, by my calcs that has a ~1.7% chance of occurring, assuming it's a 1/3 chance to hit yourself in confusion in radical red (not actually sure about that)

Playing Black and white 2 I set my personal record of being paralyzed 14 turns in a row against that trainer with the mareep at the ranch, the real kick in the balls is that there's a paralyze heal like 5 steps away from them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Playing Black and white 2 I set my personal record of being paralyzed 14 turns in a row against that trainer with the mareep at the ranch, the real kick in the balls is that there's a paralyze heal like 5 steps away from them.

Woah, and I thought I was unlucky missing Tackle five times in a row. Pesky RNG lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2021

Giovanni's honchrow just got 5 crits in a row, and not even all with drill peck! (less than 3% chance of occurring) sorry, you can't tell me this game doesn't have rigged RNG, LOL. These are things that yeah, individually are unremarkable and can totally happen, if rarely. But, having all of them happen constantly every time I play radical red is different than "oh that one time a while back where this happened."

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Giovanni's honchrow just got 5 crits in a row, sorry, you can't tell me this game doesn't have rigged RNG, LOL

Honchkrow has Super Luck for its ability, meaning more frequent Crits. Drill Peck was also changed to have increased crit rate. And knowing soupercell, it's holding the Scope Lens, which that boosts crit chance even more.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2021
    Hello, so I got a problem with my Corvisquire not evolving, just beat Sabrina and was excited to evolve it. It's now Lv 62 and has not evolves, what gives?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2021
    Honchkrow has Super Luck for its ability, meaning more frequent Crits. Drill Peck was also changed to have increased crit rate. And knowing soupercell, it's holding the Scope Lens, which that boosts crit chance even more.

Another piece of evidence of psychic trainers, if you kill a pokemon with U-turn or some other such move, the pokemon they bring out will counter the one you choose, when they shouldn't know

Hello, so I got a problem with my Corvisquire not evolving, just beat Sabrina and was excited to evolve it. It's now Lv 62 and has not evolves, what gives?

Take off the eviolite

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    Is there similar hack of fire red with same features but with lower difficulty?
    Im trying to find "ultimate fire red hack" (new engine, new moves, new moves animations etc) to get fresh experience but still want to stay on fire red story and i dont need suicidal lvl of difficulty XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Is there similar hack of fire red with same features but with lower difficulty?
    Im trying to find "ultimate fire red hack" (new engine, new moves, new moves animations etc) to get fresh experience but still want to stay on fire red story and i dont need suicidal lvl of difficulty XD

Try "The Last Fire Red" It's a similar experience, although I'm unsure if it has Gen 8 Pokes. It may not be available on Pokecommunity though, as I haven't seen it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    There is one thing that i personally think should be changed (or should i say fixed) for the next update :

The randomizer changes the pokemons everyday (we can still keep this) but it also affect the abilities :

I caught a Archeops with Tough Claws but he got another ability the next day. This may ruin a great pokemon on a team so can we make it that the randomized abilities are choosed when we accepts them in the option at the start and then don't change afterward ? Maybe we can also do the same with wild encounters as a additionnal option if the player want a species that he saw yesterday but didn't caught.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2022
    So I was wondering Is Inkay able to evolve in radical red if so how? I'm trying to do a mono dark type run and I was wondering how hard it is to get malamar

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Another piece of evidence of psychic trainers, if you kill a pokemon with U-turn or some other such move, the pokemon they bring out will counter the one you choose, when they shouldn't know

I believe this is how standard Pokemon battling works. If you use U-Turn/Volt Switch and kill a Pokemon, you send in your mon before the turn ends.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    damn bulbasaur is quite useless early game sleep powder is also useless in the gym since the gym pokemon can used sleep talk and it just waste one turn its almost impossible to make a set up, a lvl 15 bulbasaur is defeated by a lvl 12 geodude with all the bulbasaur advantages he still been 2 hit by a geodude with his bulldoze. bulbasaur sleep powder advantage was also been neutered, bulbasaur is really neutered in this game. i should just have continued my squirtle/blastoise. grass type really got nerfed

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • damn bulbasaur is quite useless early game sleep powder is also useless in the gym since the gym pokemon can used sleep talk and it just waste one turn its almost impossible to make a set up, a lvl 15 bulbasaur is defeated by a lvl 12 geodude with all the bulbasaur advantages he still been 2 hit by a geodude with his bulldoze. bulbasaur sleep powder advantage was also been neutered, bulbasaur is really neutered in this game. i should just have continued my squirtle/blastoise. grass type really got nerfed

Yeah, anytime I do a run, I just train up Bulbasaur to catch a few Pokemon for early game (Sentret for Frisk/Thief later, Tentacool from Pallet Town Old Rod for Clear Body) and then I just release the starter.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2024
    Today I finished this game it took me around week to beat it and I will say one thing: it was hard but satysfying
    Original pokemon games bored me because they were too easy so after beating them like for the 4th-5th time I simply didn't wanted to play them anymore but this rom hack let's say refreshed me with it's difficulty, pokemons and moves options and a bit new story
    During my playthrought I changed me team few times and well.......I had to do the same to beat E4
    Well difficulty level is high but it didn't seemed to high until E4 especially untill fighting our rival because at this point it looked like you crossed thin bounder between high difficulty level and masochistic difficulty(really rival's team is basically 6 ubers) but anyways it took assembling proper team and learning proper strategy to beat boss trainers so I wouldn't say this game is luck based(but to be honest every pokemon game is a bit luck based) but rather strategy based(but a bit of luck is always welcome)
    This time I choose bulbasaur which was pretty weird and unnusual for me because I'm charizard fan but I thought that becuase of difficulty level bulbasaur will be better choice(in original kanto games you can beat games without much problems with charizard) and well I used it until I bear the game but I was thinking about exchanging it for mega sceptile
    Anyway here is my team I used to beat E4
    -venusaur
    Modest
    Chlorophyll
    Leftovers
    252 spa EVs 200 hp EVs 52 spe EVs
    Sunny Day/solar beam/sludge bomb/eart power
    -talonflame
    Jolly
    Gale wing
    252 att EVs 252 spe EVs 4 hp EVs
    Flare blitz/dual wingbeat/Acrobatics/u-turn
    -greninja
    Timid
    Protean
    Life orb
    252 spa EVs 252 spe EVs 4 hp EVs
    Water shuriken/ice beam/dark pulse/extrasensory
    -alakazam
    Timid
    Magic guard
    Alakazite/focus sash(I was switching these 2 items between battles sometimes)
    252 spa EVs 252 spe EVs 4 hp EVs
    Psychic/shadow ball/dazzling gleam/energy ball
    -lucario
    Jolly
    Justified
    Lucarionite/focus sash(as above)
    252 att EVs 252 spe EVs 4 hp EVs
    Close combat/bullet punch/ice punch/earthquake
    -steelix
    Brave
    Sturdy
    Assault vest
    252 att EVs 252 hp EVs 4 spd EVs
    Earthquake/gyro ball/head smash/crunch

Those are pokemon that are consider one of the best but I think there could be better ones so soon I'm going to replay this games trying to find the "ultimate" team

Anyway here is my opinion on other pokemons that I used
    -mega aerodactyl
    One of the best flying types it is fast and hits like train but it suffers from lack of priority
    -archeops
    Also one of the best flying types it hits even harder but because of lower speed it suffers even more from lack of priority(by the way soup are you planning on giving archeops new hidden abbility as some kind of buff?)
    -seismitoad
    One of the best water types it's bulky and hits hard but lacks good ground type STAB untill late-game
    -dracovish
    As in competetive it's one of the best pokemons but it lack reliable dragon type STAB and it got nerfed in this game so it's not very good wall breaker
    -blaziken
    One of the best fighting types but it lack priority and has very strict moveset and also it mega got nerfed in this games(really what was the reason of swapping it's attack and special attack?)
    -ursaring
    Definetely one of the best normal types in this game it can be used as wall breaker or sweeper and also we get it pretty early
    -Krookodile
    One of the best sweepers it's very usefull because of moxie and it's typing but it lack priority to fight against some of it's bigger treats
    -electrivire
    Very usefull electric type that we can get pretty early it has nice abbility and acces to priority
    -mega sceptile
    This thing got a small buff in this game because it's physical attacker with technician and acces to bullet seed dual chop scale shot and rock tomb but it lacks priority

As you can see you will definetely need priority because of some fast pokemons or other priority users

Oh and by the way there are some bugs/mistakes I noticed
    Docs bugs/mistakes:
    -in list of mega stones locations charizardite y is present 2 times
    -in list of gift pokemons there is no mention about kubfu
    -also not sure if it's because of my phone or something else but part of list of pokemons apearing in grass/caves don't show
    -and one thing about pokedex doc again I'm not sure if it's because of my phone but either it can't load or loads so long that I think it won't load(not sure which one)
    Game bugs/mistakes
    -max phantasm changes color of health bars to purple
    -soemtimes max moves don't work as they should for example if we are using weather/terrain causing max move after enemy pokemon using similar move it won't change weather/terrain and if I'm right it happened few times with stat increasing max moves but I'm not sure
    -not sure if this is bug or not(but to be honest I don't think this is how it is intended) but enemies know our pokemon movesets and items for example pokemons that ussually put our pokemons to sleep don't do this if our pokemon is holding chesto/lum berry(again I don't think this was intended because it makes such berries useless) same happens with status moves(enemy pokemons uses taunt if they have this move and if we have any status move so again I'n not sure if this was intended or not)

I'm not sure how many of these were already reported or how many are actuall bugs but I think it's better to report just in case

Back