• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    Hello , I just beat Elite 4 and now I want to play post game. So I talked to a girl in Route 16 ( a girl with absol in her house ) and then she said 'One await you in Saffron City' Instead of giving me boat ticket.
    I try to talk to everyone in Saffron city but still nothing. Any idea please ?

P.S. What a great ROM HACK ! I love this !

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2023
    Hello , I just beat Elite 4 and now I want to play post game. So I talked to a girl in Route 16 ( a girl with absol in her house ) and then she said 'One await you in Saffron City' Instead of giving me boat ticket.
    I try to talk to everyone in Saffron city but still nothing. Any idea please ?

P.S. What a great ROM HACK ! I love this !

it should be the mudkip kid on one of the houses

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Again, love the game. It's so good I only have minor suggestions. I'd be super useful if you could sort the TM case by name. I don't know the TM # for most TMs so I'm constantly scrolling up and down to see if I have a TM.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    what is the possibility for you to add easy access to ev grinding and early on? please lavender town is just too far off considering how difficult is this game without proper setup.
    it's overall very unpractical... having to do that much fights it's just so grindy in an annoying way.
    why not adding a system where each pokemon gives a certain amount of evs but where they are spent is selected by you? with a custom option on the summary to select in which stats will you spent your evs.. essentially reducing the ev and exp grind house to just audinos and whatever pokemon yields the most amount of evs. i personally think that it would be a little bit more practical and less bothersome...

or if you think thats too complex to do just make pokemarts sell vitamins for 5$ each. i just don't think anyone enjoys having to go through all that grind every single time you want to use a new pokemon... i like the difficulty but the way these options are schemed out seem very unfair and unpractical altogether.

the same with maxing ivs: every single pokemon you go against have maxed ivs but i have to spent all my wallet to max just ONE pokemon. like please i like the premise of this but there's know reason for this to be this grindy.
    i appreciate the work but i speak as a consumer to improve this already fantastic project.

i know that minimal grinding mode exists but i think that disabling evs kind of deletes the customization options that the ev system brings.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • *Comments about money*

If you want a good way to make money early, grab a Sentret with Frisk ability. Once you get to Pewter City's side of Diglett Cave, you'll be able to get the Thief TM. Go back to whatever area has Meowths. Farm them for Nuggets. Then later on, once you get to Celadon City, get the Amulet Coin. Give it to a Meowth of your own and make sure it has Pay Day. Easy money.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2023
    If you want a good way to make money early, grab a Sentret with Frisk ability. Once you get to Pewter City's side of Diglett Cave, you'll be able to get the Thief TM. Go back to whatever area has Meowths. Farm them for Nuggets. Then later on, once you get to Celadon City, get the Amulet Coin. Give it to a Meowth of your own and make sure it has Pay Day. Easy money.

or you could sell the rare candies that you get from the kid in the grass patch in viridian city

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Sorry, me again. Another cool tweak would be to buff Justified. Raising attack by +1 after getting hit by a Dark move is such an underwhelming ability for the Swords of Justice legendaries.

Some ideas on how to buff it:
    1. raises attack +2
    2. raises attack +1 / defense +1
    3. raises attack +1 / speed +1
    4. raises attack +1 / doesn't take damage from Dark type moves
    5. make it like beast boost with a +1 to whichever stat is highest

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2022
    I've had a ton of fun with this game the multiple times I've ran through it, I just have three sorta talking points.

1) For some reason Hisuian Decidueye can't learn Swords Dance, even though everything else in the family can. At least I assume this wasn't intentional, there wasn't anything mentioning it in the docs.

2) I don't think it's currently possibly to get Hisuian Qwilfish or Overqwil in the wild. The Qwilfish on Kindle Road are all the familiar Water/Poison.

3) More of a request, but I'd really like to see a form changer for all the Florges, Vivillon, Alcremie, Unown, etc. of the world. Spinda is right out.
    (*And maybe a widespread Poison-type Freeze-Dry clone with harsh acid that melts through Steel. That'd be cool.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2022
    Why do elemental gems only boost the first part of multi hit moves? Is it intended that way?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • I was curious- The special egg that you get from the Celadon City Pokemon Center. Is it always the same Pokemon or is it up to luck what I can get? Cause what I got out of it didnt turn out to be all that useful.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2023
    So far I have handled 6 gym leaders so far without no major issues, but a grip I have that is annoying me is the enemy AI almost always being able to tell/predict when my pokemon is a H-Zoroark instead of the pokemon it transformed with Illusion and hitting me with super effective Dark move.

It's fine if the AI learned after hitting me with a move and learning the pkmn is immune to a type it shouldn't normally be and figuring it out, but they always know before my H-Zoroark does it's first move. Thankfully at least H-Zoroark is fast&strong so I can still get it to perform, but it sucks that H-Zoroark might as well not have a ability at all if the enemy AI isn't gonna be fooled at all.

The AI recognizes Zoroark thru the illusion sadly last time I checked. My best offer ages ago was to make illusion like transform where Zoroark copies one of your party pokemon's type and moves until hit.

Would give Zoroark ridiculous coverage and access to a lot of stat boosting moves.

Ghyst

Rowlet Enthusiast
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Why can't i use stones to evolve my pokemon on a randomizer? Eg. using a dusk stone on a doublade says "it won't have any effect"?

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I have a problem with the "Sandshrew race". The pokemon appears, I challenge him, but as soon as we enter the challenge, the first step I take I lose. I redid the challenge dozens of times, I moved in all directions, I tried to crush faster, but with a single step I automatically lose. Can someone help me?

PS: I have finished all the other content in the game !!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Seeing that most of the romhacks similar to RR added a new ability for starters that only have 2 to have a total of 3 (Blaze/New Ability/Hidden Ability, for example), do you plan to add it?

I would personally love what you bring to the table because I really love RR's balance.

Also, any chance some useless items like Shell Bell get slightly buffed?

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Have been having a blast with the update. Done 3 new runs since the version and completed the postgame twice atm since i wanted to use new mons. Honestly most mons feel ok and normal diff is pretty fine for the most part. Just sucker punch AI is easily exploitable. On the other point i would say maybe buff other items like shell bell and the such. and buffing weak abilities like run away to be like shed shell, anticipation to be maybe like SE berries but weaker and perhaps others like honey gather to be like self sufficient and the weather evasion ones like sand veil and snow cloak to give a defense buff in either def or sp def and maybe change tangled feet to give speed instead of increasing evasion when confuse. Outside of that one questions one i have used the care package cheat but i dont think i have seen the fuchsia care package in the runs i did which have been in 3.02 , so where does the package trigger?
    Thanks for all the hard work. Here are the 3 teams i used on this version

Attachments

• 2022-07-18 11_38_10-mGBA - POKEMON FIRE (59.9 fps) - 0.9.2.png
      2022-07-18 11_38_10-mGBA - POKEMON FIRE (59.9 fps) - 0.9.2.png
      27.8 KB · Views: 26
    • 2022-07-20 23_44_40-mGBA - POKEMON FIRE (80.5 fps) - 0.9.2.png
      2022-07-20 23_44_40-mGBA - POKEMON FIRE (80.5 fps) - 0.9.2.png
      29.1 KB · Views: 21
    • 2022-07-25 19_48_57-mGBA - POKEMON FIRE (315 fps) - 0.9.2.png
      2022-07-25 19_48_57-mGBA - POKEMON FIRE (315 fps) - 0.9.2.png
      26.4 KB · Views: 26
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Just want to say thanks. Just finished playing through this again and it is only getting better. My one question is how much longer will I have an Unown size whole in my Pokedex? Are you planning on doing anything special with it to make it viable?

Back