• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2023
    Recently finished a new playthrough and the new content. It's been a (mostly) very fun time. The Sandshrew race may as well have a big sign that says "use walk through walls or be frame perfect." The new Seviian mons are interesting, and I do hope you add more down the line. Since you've repurposed most G-Max forms into Megas, do you intend to do the same for the Galar Starters, Melmetal, and/or Urshifu? In the same vein, any intent to take some of the signature G-Max moves and adapt them to a normal level? A few of them could be interesting additions, moreso than Draco Barrage lol. That move is literally a Dragon simp's (Clair's) frustration turned into an attack, with a recoil clause to pretend it's not.

My complaints/comments on the hack are mostly the same as they've always been: why do you treat the Power items like some holy grail that we have to earn by defeating Gods? And why is IV increasing STILL so needlessly expensive? Even with speed-up, grinding for money to increase IVs does not respect my time, but it feels like it is still what you want players to do. Minimal Grinding mode is a fun band-aid for sure, but as others have pointed out, it does reduce customization of pokemon. My last big gripe is the use of Megas as "difficulty" by literally not letting us have access to the option until we've beaten like, 8 opposing Megas, including a double-battle with an AI teammate who literally helps the opponent with his Masqerain lead, and Mega-Kanga... twice! Anything can be difficult if you don't give the player the same tools. I personally find it to be fake/artificial challenge in the context of pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2022
    Hey Soupcell,

I'm loving the game so far (just beat Sabrina!) and wanted to know how you felt about the fodder trainers you fight in between the big fights (gym leaders, rivals, etc.). Currently they're all just minor inconveniences who don't pose any threat.

I feel all these trainers should scale to your Level so they are more challenging and engaging, rather than just button mashing obstacles. I believe this Level scaling is already present with the Johto gym leaders (and the Dumbass Kid) who scale their Pokemon Levels to your own. I think it would go a long way in making the adventure engaging all the way through.

Hope we get your thoughts on this! Thanks

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2023
    Hi, i used randomized abilities, but my pokemon's abilities aren't changing daily. They're the same from when i caught them. Is this a bug? If not, is there a way to change em? I tried using the ability pill but that didn't work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2023
    Hey Soupcell,

I'm loving the game so far (just beat Sabrina!) and wanted to know how you felt about the fodder trainers you fight in between the big fights (gym leaders, rivals, etc.). Currently they're all just minor inconveniences who don't pose any threat.

I feel all these trainers should scale to your Level so they are more challenging and engaging, rather than just button mashing obstacles. I believe this Level scaling is already present with the Johto gym leaders (and the Dumbass Kid) who scale their Pokemon Levels to your own. I think it would go a long way in making the adventure engaging all the way through.

Hope we get your thoughts on this! Thanks

I agree

NorseTLoki

Eilreicht Bass
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Hi, i used randomized abilities, but my pokemon's abilities aren't changing daily. They're the same from when i caught them. Is this a bug? If not, is there a way to change em? I tried using the ability pill but that didn't work.

I don't think that's how it works. Randomizer (as far as I know) should only do it once, when you start the new game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2023
    I don't think that's how it works. Randomizer (as far as I know) should only do it once, when you start the new game.

Oh wow, thanks man. Before , it would change everyday. Or after a pokemon evolved, it got a different ability.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2023
    Is it possible to make the easy mode like the normal mode but be able to heal in important battles?

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2023
    Is it possible to make the easy mode like the normal mode but be able to heal in important battles?

That just make the game become like any other game. RR theme is competitive gameplay hence using something like what was on 1 vs 1 competition last time. You can't use consumable in those competition.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2023
    That just make the game become like any other game. RR theme is competitive gameplay hence using something like what was on 1 vs 1 competition last time. You can't use consumable in those competition.

Ah ok. N actually, with the experience share turned off. It's harder , so nevermind about my complaint 😂

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
    I know this is gonna sound bad, but there are times I forget which starters are from what region. So when the mother asks us which region we prefer, would it be possible to add a confirmation screen like 'Oh, you prefer Sinnoh. That means you can pick Turtwig, Chimchar, or Piplup. Is that right?'

Years
    Is there a doc that has which wild pokemon to farm berries off? thanks

Might be based on an older version (2.3) but I am sharing the notes in spoilers just to show which berries are dropped from which mon.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Might be based on an older version (2.3) but I am sharing the notes in spoilers just to show which berries are dropped from which mon.

Spoiler:

thanks!

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    Hey, I just beat the league and got the z-ring. I tried to go to Kyogre but when I start the race, I lose if I move at all. Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone have a solution?

Back