• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I wanted to try learning how to edit pokemon games and make my own private changes to play with and was wondering if there's a way to edit radical red using tools. I love how much is in the game and seeing this and other hacks doing their own balance changes made me want to do my own balancing. Im just starting to learn though so if anyone has any advice or recommendations I greatly appreciate it

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2022
    Same here, the egg from the first town for $5000 causes a black screen when it's hatching. Not sure about other eggs as I haven't tested it but I'd assume they all have that problem.

do you have a solution? I have black screen with all eggs

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    For those running into the black screen freeze when hatching eggs, I'd try switching emulators.

I'm playing on my Steam Deck via Emudeck. The default emulator for GBA is mGBA. I was getting the freezing issue here. I switched the game over to VBA-M and the egg hatched just fine.

Years
    • Age 17
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jan 24, 2023
    Hi honestly this is an amazing game and it's so fun but I found some bugs in 3.1 . When You get to Vermillion City the who let's you choose between a wonder egg and a Hisuian egg and when I wanted to choose the Hisuian egg the game just froze and when you go to Celadon City Pokemon center and the person gives you the egg it crashes again. These aren't big problems to me but I would like to get a Hisuian egg now and then. Still a great game though 10/10.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Im also having the skarmory in the nice teacher battle issue, no sturdy. really weird and it only happened after my rom crashed and I had to revert to an old save. Any solutions so far?

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
    Years
  • Im also having the skarmory in the nice teacher battle issue, no sturdy. really weird and it only happened after my rom crashed and I had to revert to an old save. Any solutions so far?

I find it odd that people are having such an issue when I've never had it once. It could be cause of the emulator I'm using (VBA Collector's Edition), but beyond that, I have never ran into that issue.

Xoy

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Hello, are you guys watching the pokemon journeys? It's marvelous to see mega evolution vs z moves vs dynamax. Can we have this in Radical red? Maybe only in the league... or a champions 8 tournament like the anime (an evolution from the battle simulator?)... and the possibility to travel to the hoenn continent would be great to, like gold and silver did with johto and kanto.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    Hi everyone, i have a question about the Ho-oh mistery gift. Is possible obtain a shiny Ho-oh with soft reset? or is locked?

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2022
    I have found a rather hilariously dumb but serious bug that crashes the current version of the game.
    The version I am using is the latest at V3.1(most recent release as of (11/2022).
    My game itself is based off a working version of a Fire Red, so no issues there.
    The bug occurs when you or the enemy uses Struggle as an attack, and then the opposing pokemon uses Conversion 2 in an attempt to convert to a type that resists Struggle, which itself being typeless, breaks the universe in-game. (in the same fashion as the Yugioh V. Darts "infinity +1" moment). LIke, LITERALLY BREAKS THE GAME, as in, when you encounter this sequence (you use Struggle, then use Conversion 2 on the mon that used Struggle) the entire game just stops working.
    You can test this yourself if you want to test, and it will allow you to load a savestate prior to the bug and freeze or load a savefile prior. However, upon that battle move sequence, the game freezes and stops functioning. You may never encounter this in your runs through the game, but many well-known Poketubers end up relying on Struggle in their content for certain videos. If not fixed it remains a bug that can and will completely crash your game, so be aware of it.
    SMH I just started my first randomizer nuzzlocke of this hack and 10sec in my 3 starters end up making a trio that breaks the game, how am I THAT UNLUCKY??

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2023
    I read the first page intro, it has Johto gyms, does that mean it has whole Johto region?
    There is also Brendan as rival, so Hoenn also available?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2023
    Nope, only the gym leaders (kinda boss fights) and Ruby/Brendan. Not the regions.

So basically, this is exact same game as original Fire Red in term of region?
    The only different is all 900 pokemons squeeze inside this small region?

Generris

LOMEGALU
    Years
  • Is there a Fire Red rom hack that adds all the good stuff like gen 7 and 8 Pokemon and Mega Evolutions, but doesn't have the bad stuff like a forced level cap? I want to enjoy things like catching them all, quality of life and the new Pokemon, but I got to Misty and I just cannot deal with the forced level cap. I like to fight all Trainers and before I get to the next Gym my team is already max level. I don't even try and I get punished for it.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Is there a Fire Red rom hack that adds all the good stuff like gen 7 and 8 Pokemon and Mega Evolutions, but doesn't have the bad stuff like a forced level cap? I want to enjoy things like catching them all, quality of life and the new Pokemon, but I got to Misty and I just cannot deal with the forced level cap. I like to fight all Trainers and before I get to the next Gym my team is already max level. I don't even try and I get punished for it.

Maybe Inflamed Red or Regular Red?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2023
    Is there a Fire Red rom hack that adds all the good stuff like gen 7 and 8 Pokemon and Mega Evolutions, but doesn't have the bad stuff like a forced level cap? I want to enjoy things like catching them all, quality of life and the new Pokemon, but I got to Misty and I just cannot deal with the forced level cap. I like to fight all Trainers and before I get to the next Gym my team is already max level. I don't even try and I get punished for it.

Pokemon Unbound

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    Hola, quisiera preguntar en que emulador lo puedo jugar, porque en myboy no me aparece y no se si es un bug o que, por si acaso me pueden decir en que emulador lo juegan?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Hola, quisiera preguntar en que emulador lo puedo jugar, porque en myboy no me aparece y no se si es un bug o que, por si acaso me pueden decir en que emulador lo juegan?

Yo lo juego en MyBoy sin problemas. Estas seguro que has parcheado el juego? o lo has puesto en otra carpeta diferente a tus roms?

Back