• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    Can the next update or patch, plz for the love of Arceus, fix the 1st puzzles Skarmory's Sturdy cuz they're not working. It took my 11th try in a row to get it.

Years
  • Can the next update or patch, plz for the love of Arceus, fix the 1st puzzles Skarmory's Sturdy cuz they're not working. It took my 11th try in a row to get it.

This is a known bug, but the battle itself is 100% doable. I am copying and pasting again from my Reddit comment showing how I solved this battle:

Lead with Aron and set Steaith Rock at first turn. The opposing Shedinja will be faster and use Shadow Sneak lowering Aron's HP to 1. Switch to Gible on second turn; Shedinja will use Shadow Sneak again. Gible will fall but due to Rough Skin damage Shedinja will fall too.

Bring Aron back. The next 4 Shedinjas will fall to Stealth Rock damage, and the last with Heavy-Duty Boots will enter the field.

Sack Aron there and bring Skarmory. Skarmory will survive any hit Shedinja will throw due to Sturdy, and it will defeat Shedinja with Drill Peck.

And no, you do not need to put Skarmory in second slot; I tried this tactic with Skarmory at third slot and it worked like a charm. The trick would be to sack Aron at the turn HDB Shedinja entered the field. This may be a bug with HDB, but I am not 100% certain.

I feel that mons with HDB ignore the target's ability and held item when moving at first turn. I know this is a wild claim, but that is what I also feel.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    (First off I love the game. Easily my favorite Pokemon ROM. Hopefully addressing the following list of bugs can help make the game even better)

Bugs on Randomizer 3.1 (Species + Abilities):

1. You're prone to finding the same abilities within each game file. My starter had "As One" as its ability and I somehow keep finding Pokemon with "As One" as their ability, too. I also keep running into Pokemon with "Soul-Heart". Obviously those are good abilities to find, but something tells me they're not so random.

2. Dragon Tail not working as intended. Enemy Pokemon used Dragon Tail on my Decidueye-H and that should have forced me to switch, but my character animation spazzed out and the match continued as normal.

3. This might be related to #2, but I somehow lost a few of my Sitrus Berries. I started out with 10 and ended up with 6. My Decidueye kept losing it's Sitrus Berry somehow.

4. Parental Bond not working as intended. Enemy Pokemon had fire equivalent of Water Absorb (forgot the name), however with Parental Bond, the second strike bypasses the ability and does damage anyways.

EDIT:
    5. Abilities in Randomizer mode seem to be buggy. Ability Pills don't work on any Pokemon (with 2 standard abilities). Hidden Ability changer guy also says some Pokemon don't have HA's despite having them.

Thanks for everything!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2023
    Hi, just to report a very boring bug. The game crash in a Black screen every time when I hatch a Egg with Everdrive GBA Mini and Real Hardware. Same bug with Analogue Pocket GBA core and MisterFPGA GBA core

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    As it stands now, Pokemon / Abilities / Learnsets in the Randomizer are predetermined when you start a "New Game", so if you wanted to re-roll your starter options, you need to start a "New Game" from the beginning. Would it be possible to have the Pokemon / Abilities / Learnset predetermined AFTER you press "Done" in the custom game settings, right before you spawn into the room? If so, that would make it so much easier to re-roll Pokemon without having to go through all the dialogue and name options. Or even more simple, have an option to re-roll the 3 starters while you're in Oak's Lab so you don't have to start over anything (but perhaps limit it to Easy and Normal mode randomizers)

Years
  • hey, how do i get shedinja? doing a ghost only run and so far both of my nincada evolved into ninjask. changelog says i dont need to use dusk stone anymore but even with free space in my party im not getting my soulless husk boi.

you need to have both an open spot in your party and a pokeball in your bag. If you have something like a great ball but no pokeball, it won't work.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Hey man, this rom is amazing. The best I've ever seen and played in years.
    Would it be possible to customize options in Hardcore, like allowing all abilities, access to the bag, EV grinding , etc.
    I know hardcore is supposed to be very unfair. But a customized options would be great.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Is there a way to change Oricorio-Baile (Fire) into Pa'u (Psychic)?

If I remember correctly, Oricorio can hold the item it needs to change forms. So you can just use Thief on wild Oricorios until you get the item for Pa'u form.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2023
    Is there a trick to getting Galarian Weezing? I have Koffing and it looks like he's evolving into regular Weezing regardless of time.

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    I'm on my school chrome book and it wont let me download this game because its blocked, i have access to a site that will let me play the games but i have to download them, i really want to play a randomizer, anybody able to help?

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    I'm on my school chrome book and it wont let me download this game because its blocked, i have access to a site that will let me play the games but i have to download them, i really want to play a randomizer, anybody able to help?

Have you tried patching the game from your phone and then copying the patched ROM to your chromebook? That could probably get past the blocked download. All you need is a FireRed 1.0 rom since you can use the patch site that's linked in the first page of this thread.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    My save and game were deleted.

I was just at the second gym.

Started this morning and my game was missing from my boy

I got the game back.

How get my saves back?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    My save and game were deleted.

I was just at the second gym.

Started this morning and my game was missing from my boy

I got the game back.

How get my saves back?

It's due to the new update. In MyBoy:
    Go to Settings/Misc and select the MyBoy folder as a destination folder (Not the save folder, the folder containing the save folder) and it should import the saves.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    It's due to the new update. In MyBoy:
    Go to Settings/Misc and select the MyBoy folder as a destination folder (Not the save folder, the folder containing the save folder) and it should import the saves.

I am very bad at it.
    Their is no my boy folder

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2023
    I hatched this Goomy from an egg that I purchased from an old man in Vermilion city. It has 1 extra max hp and I can't heal it with potions because it gets stuck in a loop with the XP just exponentially increasing.
    Before using a potion:
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

After using a potion:
    Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2023
    Oh, so turns out this was actually super easy to fix. She just took damage and that fixed her hp amount when healing up.

Back